2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Really? That's extremely surprising. Interestingly, he's not even in the discussion in either round in Givony and Woo's most recent mock on ESPN from 3 days ago.

Side note, DK is going #8 to the Rockets in that mock draft.
Yes. Hes now 6 7” and hasn’t stopped growing. Hes projected to grow 1-2 more inches. Seems to be boards that don’t have him at all, and those that have him 1st round. I don’t know if the former didn’t think he’d declare, but there seems to be lots of buzz around him now. At his size, anything is possible.

Really? That's extremely surprising. Interestingly, he's not even in the discussion in either round in Givony and Woo's most recent mock on ESPN from 3 days ago.

Side note, DK is going #8 to the Rockets in that mock draft.
Also— From memory, but I thought Givony had him at 25 +\- . I could be wrong, but thought he projected Thiero in.

Also— From memory, but I thought Givony had him at 25 +\- . I could be wrong, but thought he projected Thiero in.
Nope, not as of March 25th.
Dillingham at #3
Sheppard at #7
Edwards at #30
Onyenso at #45
Wagner at #46

He even mentions Reeves as the 64th best prospect in his top-100, which Thiero is also not in. That list is a bit older, though (March 5th).

KSR reports that Aaron Bradshaw will likely hit the portal since he played his way off draft boards this season. Was the #5 overall player in the country out of high school. Not sure he'd be willing to come here and back up Aidoo since he's playing for the NBA asap.

KSR reports that Aaron Bradshaw will likely hit the portal since he played his way off draft boards this season. Was the #5 overall player in the country out of high school. Not sure he'd be willing to come here and back up Aidoo since he's playing for the NBA asap.

Awaka would scare him off again

Nope, not as of March 25th.
Dillingham at #3
Sheppard at #7
Edwards at #30
Onyenso at #45
Wagner at #46

He even mentions Reeves as the 64th best prospect in his top-100, which Thiero is also not in. That list is a bit older, though (March 5th).
Weird. This is a few weeks old. Wondering if he pulled him in and out not knowing if he’ll declare.

Weird. This is a few weeks old. Wondering if he pulled him in and out not knowing if he’ll declare.

That is weird. 27th overall to not in the top 100 in a week's time. You may be right about the indecision on whether he'd enter. Although, I'd think there's as much uncertainty about a lot of these kids.

Would be a perfect fit for Barnes, biggest want from the portal.

Didn't he miss a good bit of the season? Was he all that productive for UK? I'd really prefer a guy who's consistent taking the floor as well as producing on it.

The mock draft in that article is for the 2025 NBA draft, as in after next season. He’s not projected as a first round pick this June and will in all likelihood play college ball somewhere next year.

The mock draft in that article is for the 2025 NBA draft, as in after next season. He’s not projected as a first round pick this June and will in all likelihood play college ball somewhere next year.
Good catch. My mistake. I knew I had just read he was going up the board and couldn’t rectify that with the new mock. Just wasn’t paying attention.

Updated List:

Malik Mack PG Harvard 6’1” 170lbs 3 years
Chaz Lanier SG North Florida 6’4” 175lbs 1 year
Jayden Stone G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 180lbs 1 year
Marcus Tankersley G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 193lbs 2 years
Terrence Edwards Jr. G James Madison 6’6” 190lbs 1 year
BJ Freeman G UW-Milwaukee 6’6” 200lbs 1 year
Darlinstone Dubar G Hofstra 6’6” 207lbs 1 year
Saint Thomas F Northern Colorado 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
Frankie Fidler F Omaha 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
Tucker Anderson F Central Ark 6’9” 190lbs 3 years
Malik Dia F Belmont 6’9” 240lbs 2 years
Is this list of players interested in TN or are these players that TN has interest in? I’m starting to think the players who have 2-3 years are players we’d like to develop, where the 1 year players will get a significant amount of playing time.
5 guards w/ 1 year
2 guards w/ 2-3 years
2 forwards w/ 1 year
2 forwards w/ 2-3 years
Of course this list will change, but it looks like we are focusing on guard for just 1 year that will get 15 plus minutes. Who would we want out of that?

I think Stone and Tankersley could be a combo deal.

Tankersley is from Chattanooga and has an SEC body already.

Stone would get 17-20 minutes playing the 1-2 positions. Even though his minutes will dip, I think he’ll be okay playing in a bigger conference. Thoughts? Really love his play.

I think Stone and Tankersley could be a combo deal.

Tankersley is from Chattanooga and has an SEC body already.

Stone would get 17-20 minutes playing the 1-2 positions. Even though his minutes will dip, I think he’ll be okay playing in a bigger conference. Thoughts? Really love his play.

Not sure if I want two guys from a 1-31 school. They are also the only two that averaged double digits in scoring on the team.

Will that translate to the SEC?

Although, kinda hard to turn down 40%+ shooting.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back