2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Dude can literally come HOME and play in front of the best fan base in the world , with one of the top point guards in college… but nah let me to go to BYU or kentucky. ***** a joke lol

Reactions: Ttucke11
Maybe not the expectation, but it should always be the goal.
Do you hear yourself?
Teams are fighting just to get into the field.
Some teams expect to get out of the first round, while others are praying they do.
A few teams are thinking, sweet sixteen here we come .. but Kentucky did not make the field of 16 ... again in 2024.
A handful of teams, have legitimate dreams of making the elite 8 ....
I always set the bar low each season ... and then work my way up as the team shows what they can do ... goals are only good ... if they are realistic enough to drive you to improve. Smoke and mirrors really sets yourself up for disappointment and failure.
Visualization on the other hand is exactly for the purposes of getting the juices flowing and making a plan.

Isn’t it a good sign that we get the last visit? Not good that there’s nothing concrete yet, but that could come soon enough.

Lol until he actually commits speculating on the “why” at this point is fruitless and only leads to badmouthing the recruit for doing his due diligence. Let him take his visits maybe Tenn will win in the end, if not on to the next one

No idea about Chaz and UT or where he will land - the world will know in a few days.

Unfortunately for major college sports fans, the fact is that for at least the next few years a high percentage of top players will go play for the team that offers the most $$$. Multi year contracts could curb some of this but a number of coaches probably don’t want to be locked into multi year deals with players.

And most of these athletes aren’t going to be in the NBA, NFL or MLB so they want to make all the money they can in college. Isn’t it great.

Reactions: SlyStone
If someone is going to pay Lanier a million plus they are desperate. In no way would I risk team chemistry by paying him that much. Imagine the slap in the face that would be to ZZ. I don't fault the kid for trying to get paid, as his nba prospects don't look so great. I say try to grab someone else and let's roll with what we've got.

Lol until he actually commits speculating on the “why” at this point is fruitless and only leads to badmouthing the recruit for doing his due diligence. Let him take his visits maybe Tenn will win in the end, if not on to the next one
I'm not letting him take his visits. I've got a group of people ready to stop him. We're gonna make sure this guy is a vol

Reactions: Jimmy Football
There is always going to be an opportunity for someone to be jealous on a team. Is Barnes going to start trying to play everyone equal minutes. Even if they play equal minutes are they going to try and get each player an equal number of shots. Each guy on the team had the opportunity to negotiate their deal this off-season. If they didn't like the deal that was offered to them, they could have left or chosen another school. If they want to be mad about their deal, they need to be mad at themself and their representation for don't pushing for a better a deal.
Says every professional GM when a player is holding out wanting their contract renegotiated?

Reactions: ArdentVol
Here is the quote from VQ…

Their speculation that the Spyre figure to Lanier isn’t in the 1 million range…that’s a far cry from “what they are hearing”…my point is if you don’t know then why speculate?…that’s not white knighting lol that’s just me being puzzled with the thought process of it effecting “team chemistry” because one player might be making more then another which they allude to.
I'm not getting into this issue with you again. You clearly don't get it, so let's just save ourselves a lot of wasted time and effort. I regret even making an attempt.

Barnes only has so many years left. Should he or the fans be content with anything less than a team that has the potential to cut down the cuts? Running out of time for him to get back to a Final Four. Put together the best damn roster you can.
This. I want the best team possible to win a championship.

The ultimate competitor wants to win championships. In the business world, I want to be the best. Is it practical every year? Maybe not. But that is the attitude the ultimate competitor has.

That’s why I respect MJ, Tiger, Coach Belichick, Saban, and others. While I may disagree or dislike their personalities or behavior, I respect the fact they don’t settle.

One of the UT guys on the trilly discord has been sending messages and answering a bunch of questions the last little bit. Just general vibe is that things look bad but we’re not dead and RC and the Bone bros are still working Chaz hard and believes we can get him. Also says that had we known the NIL war that would break out, CRB would’ve never wanted to be involved in this recruitment.

A lot of the same stuff we’ve heard from all sources the last few days, but definitely does no sound like the guys there think we are really in this much barring a complete 180 from Lanier or CRB.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Also says that had we known the NIL war that would break out, CRB would’ve never wanted to be involved in this recruitment.

I just cannot fathom how we didn’t see this coming. Seriously. It’s the transfer portal in the NIL era for one of the top guards in the entire portal. It’s honestly baffling that our staff could think they could pursue any of the elite of the elite talent and think it won’t turn into an NIL battle. Is our staff really that naive still about NIL?

I also feel like this staff has reportedly been caught off guard by NIL in other recruitments in year’s past as well, so how have we still not learned to be prepared for an NIL war to breakout in any high level recruitment.

One of the UT guys on the trilly discord has been sending messages and answering a bunch of questions the last little bit. Just general vibe is that things look bad but we’re not dead and RC and the Bone bros are still working Chaz hard and believes we can get him. Also says that had we known the NIL war that would break out, CRB would’ve never wanted to be involved in this recruitment.

A lot of the same stuff we’ve heard from all sources the last few days, but definitely does no sound like the guys there think we are really in this much barring a complete 180 from Lanier or CRB.
As I said a week or so ago, Lanier has played this (and Tennessee, as it may turn out) perfectly.

Play the long game, drive up your value while others are committing elsewhere, then just when everyone thinks they have the answers, change the questions.

As I said a week or so ago, Lanier has played this (and Tennessee, as it may turn out) perfectly.

Play the long game, drive up your value while others are committing elsewhere, then just when everyone thinks they have the answers, change the questions.

Dude is going to end up on a losing team at this point.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Dude is going to end up on a losing team at this point.

Nah. Kentucky is probably “worst case” for him because they are desperate to fill out the roster and will pay just about anything. It’s one thing if he goes to Kentucky, if does go to BYU we clearly were played and don’t have the string relationship with him staff was so sure they had.

Reactions: berryvol
Does he know BYU has zero sex and alcohol policy? Have fun
Knowing that Chaz Laniers father is a pastor in Nashville, his family is rooted in Christ and the teachings of Christ and Chaz in fact is a Christian himself... I don't think him or his family cares at all about the sex & alcohol - least of his priorities 🤣... But on a legitimate note to everyone freaking out : absolutely no decision on his final destination whatsoever has been made with Lanier and his family. He's a good young man who will benefit the program of his chosing

Last edited:

VN Store

Back