2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Time for Plan B
Having a coach and a team that can prepare you for the next level should be priority for a serious basketball player. If you are in it for just instant money then you should follow the money and not your dream. Team chemistry is important. Tennessee is only needing a peer outside shooter and a point guard backup to have a great year. Tennessee coach is a proven winner compared to Kentucky coach. If Chaz Lanier is all everyone claim him to be his instincts should lead him to Tennessee. We want high character guys and not just someone who only smell now money.

Having a coach and a team that can prepare you for the next level should be priority for a serious basketball player. If you are in it for just instant money then you should follow the money and not your dream. Team chemistry is important. Tennessee is only needing a peer outside shooter and a point guard backup to have a great year. Tennessee coach is a proven winner compared to Kentucky coach. If Chaz Lanier is all everyone claim him to be his instincts should lead him to Tennessee. We want high character guys and not just someone who only smell now money.

They all smell money now....

Reactions: walkenvol
The next question is when will that window be challenged in court? The NCAA has lost all of its teeth to litigation. I was a fan of players going after them for arbitrary rules that were genuinely unfair, but taking the NCAA to court to challenge every rule in existence is going to threaten to neuter them into eventual oblivion with each loss in court. There are no guardrails anymore, no guidelines. The ability to challenge each and every rule makes the NCAA a useless entity. First it was transfers, then it was NIL, then it was multiple transfers...when you can/can't transfer just feels like the next natural progression towards this era of structureless anarchy. It is starting to feel like that eventually the only restriction will be the schools' admissions restrictions and deadlines.

Wait until players are adjudicated to be "employees" and can unionize. Then they will be able to challenge almost every decision made by a coach/coaches. I saw an article on this yesterday that I meant to post and will try to find again. It will get worse and lots more stupid....

I like it too. Some (not all) of the NIL stuff I don’t like, but the portal gives the student athlete more freedom. Nothing wrong with that.

It's not just the portal--and the portal plus bribery offers. It's the money that driving the transfers--not just the portal itself.

What's ironic about NIL, now that it's been corrupted by absurd money offers, is that very few people will buy any merch with player name/image/likeness anymore--which was the original purpose of NIL. Good players will not stay at a school long enough to justify any player merch sales.

Reactions: vol94
It's not just the portal--and the portal plus bribery offers. It's the money that driving the transfers--not just the portal itself.

What's ironic about NIL, now that it's been corrupted by absurd money offers, is that very few people will buy any merch with player name/image/likeness anymore--which was the original purpose of NIL. Good players will not stay at a school long enough to justify any player merch sales.
Who cares? Pay for play has been going on for decades only difference now is it is getting taxed

Lanier does follow Alvin brooks, kentuckys assistant, back on Twitter. He doesn’t follow Rod Clark back. Kentucky fans, predictably, are freaking out about it.

VN Store

Back