2024 Target List

I would be willing to bet we’ve got at least 4 new faces…obviously Santi is gone, Ledlum technically has 2 years but also we are seeing less and less guys take that year, could see him being ready to put that Harvard education to use and start making money. And then of course the portal, have to think just like every year there will be 1-2 departures off the roster.

Quite possible. But I would be shocked if we take 4 high school commitments. It’s not a guarantee we’ll have 4 spots (although very possible). I think we’ll take 2-3 high school commits and leave 1-2 spots for the portal if anything.

3 High schoolers seems like a high bar (now that we have the portal) ... one of them would likely need to be ONE and DONE caliber for that to happen.

Updated…

On3 updated today:
#21 Isaiah Abraham
#16 Cam Scott-UOV
#23 Somtochukwu Cyril-UOV
#24 VJ Edgecombe
#35 Jalen Shelley
#51 Ahmad Nowell-OV Taken
#54 Austin Swartz-UOVx2

#58 Rakease Passmore-UOV
#62 Curtis Givens-UOV
#67 Tyler McKinley-OV scheduled
#70 Chase McCarty-UOV

#73 Pharaoh Compton
#77 Derrion Reid-UOV
#86 Jayden Williams-UOVx2
#88 Del Jones -UOV
#94 Jordan McCullum
#95 Jasheem Felto
#112 Doryan Onwuchekwa
NR Jaye Nash

Updated…

On3 updated today:
#21 Isaiah Abraham
#16 Cam Scott-UOV
#23 Somtochukwu Cyril-UOV
#24 VJ Edgecombe
#35 Jalen Shelley
#51 Ahmad Nowell-OV Taken
#54 Austin Swartz-UOVx2

#58 Rakease Passmore-UOV
#62 Curtis Givens-UOV
#67 Tyler McKinley-OV scheduled
#70 Chase McCarty-UOV

#73 Pharaoh Compton
#77 Derrion Reid-UOV
#86 Jayden Williams-UOVx2
#88 Del Jones -UOV
#94 Jordan McCullum
#95 Jasheem Felto
#112 Doryan Onwuchekwa
NR Jaye Nash
I'm very interested in following Cyril’s career. Been a strange recruitment.

I'm a fan of Swartz, I actually like him better than the Juke Harris kid we almost got. I also think that Swartz has family or close family friends that are big Vol fans who have brought him to a couple of games in the past.

We need another big time PG, whether out of the portal or HS ranks.

My guess...and it's only a guess...is that he is going to ultimately have the type of recruitment that our staff isn't interested in getting involved with.

That makes sense, considering he's right down the road. If true, it's a shame because the kid is talented and plays like his hair is on fire.

My guess...and it's only a guess...is that he is going to ultimately have the type of recruitment that our staff isn't interested in getting involved with.
@Stoerner Fumbles ... I like the profile of this kid and he seems to me like a prime target for Rick Barnes recruiting?!? He seems like the kind of kid Rick Barnes would recruit right up until the ink hits the paper. Thoughts????

That makes sense, considering he's right down the road. If true, it's a shame because the kid is talented and plays like his hair is on fire.
I'm sure that's a shot at the staff, but he's not right down the road anymore, he's not "from" Tennessee, and given where he's playing now, and the schools primarily recruiting him, it's not hard to see where his priorities likely are. I love the kid and would live for Tennessee to land him, it's just not likely a path we'll go down too seriously.

I'm sure that's a shot at the staff, but he's not right down the road anymore, he's not "from" Tennessee, and given where he's playing now, and the schools primarily recruiting him, it's not hard to see where his priorities likely are. I love the kid and would live for Tennessee to land him, it's just not likely a path we'll go down too seriously.
Don't live your life just for Tennessee to land him. Live for your family. Live for the Lord. 😁

What “seems” this way to you?
Sorry for the late reply ..
Somto has more polish on defense in his development.
He is a rim protector.
He can effectively guard multiple positions.
His rebounding and boxing out skills are very good.
He is a project player who is blossoming.
Rick likes kids from outside the USA.
He comes from a Christian background.
I do not have any idea of the recruiting status and I have no personal knowledge of the young man. In fact, I admittedly have no internal sources!!!!!

Never love Kentucky being in the mix with our top guys…
I know what you mean!
On the other hand, it validates that the coaching staff is finding, vetting and recruiting quality bb players early.
It means we are climbing into the big boy class...we are competing with Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, etc. for the same players ... that has not been the case in the past ... and it feels good even if it is a little bit unnerving.

Sorry for the late reply ..
Somto has more polish on defense in his development.
He is a rim protector.
He can effectively guard multiple positions.
His rebounding and boxing out skills are very good.
He is a project player who is blossoming.
Rick likes kids from outside the USA.
He comes from a Christian background.
I do not have any idea of the recruiting status and I have no personal knowledge of the young man. In fact, I admittedly have no internal sources!!!!!
Gotcha…I definitely don’t see his recruitment as a Barnes recruitment, his style of play maybe, but the fit has to be there too.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange

VN Store

Back