2024 Presidential Race

The thread isn't about Biden. Yes, I do agree, but that's irrelevant to my point. Please show me an example of anyone, IN THIS FORUM, making the same type of claims about Biden.
What is the title of this thread?

Who is running on the democrat ticket for President?

Good job there chief.

What is the title of this thread?

Who is running on the democrat ticket for President?

Good job there chief.
Who IS running on the Democrat ticket? That is actually a valid question. Does anyone believe that Biden is actually running things? Honest question

🤣🤣🤣 This is rich! The sanctimonious manner in which you place you place your ideological beliefs is laughable. Certainly you've matured in your critical thinking, especially with statements like, " Trump has basically a good moral compass", and "he's a man of the people". I'm glad I didn't grow up like that

You still think like as an old man as you did as a teen it's not much fault. Some just never developed mentally from adolescence. Why do you think democrats like Bernie Sanders want 16 year olds to vote and democrats start brainwashing kids in grade school?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Who IS running on the Democrat ticket? That is actually a valid question. Does anyone believe that Biden is actually running things? Honest question
If he is, that might actually be even scarier than accepting that he's a marionette, and the puppeteers are in charge. From a medical perspective, it's sad that he's basically been forced into this position. As a US citizen that loves this country, it's terrifying.

Given the economic crisis and the global unrest, with wars on multiple fronts across the globe, it is absolutely imperative that we elect someone with both the persona of strength and the intellectual capacity to lead the country. I wish there was a better option, but this election choice is a slam dunk.

You still think like as an old man as you did as a teen it's not much fault. Some just never developed mentally from adolescence. Why do you think democrats like Bernie Sanders want 16 year olds to vote and democrats start brainwashing kids in grade school?
I have as much disdain for the Democrats as I do Republicans. The difference between you and me is that I don't prop one over the other. I've proactively lived my life not to be affected by either party. You affirm your opinions with the likes of Carlson and Watters. You probably should STFU. Your credibility is weak, even in a right wing echo chamber. "Trump has a basically good moral compass "

I have as much disdain for the Democrats as I do Republicans. The difference between you and me is that I don't prop one over the other. I've proactively lived my life not to be affected by either party. You affirm your opinions with the likes of Carlson and Watters. You probably should STFU. Your credibility is weak, even in a right wing echo chamber. "Trump has a basically good moral compass "
Just +out of curiosity, would you say that Trump loves America, defends our Constitution, and made decisions as President to support national security, American commerce, and border security?

EDIT: I reread your post and I must apologize that I have in fact misapprehend YOU and am guilty of the same faults which I attribute to yourself below. So please forgive my harsh and belittling tone. I should always write more slowly and only after reading what I am responding to two or three times. I will leave what I wrote intact below as I do not have the energy left to rewrite it tonight. It is late and I am due for my weekly Friday night Lager 🍺 and then sleep. So I hope my arguments can be accepted while disregarding the regrettable hectoring snide tone. Peace and Hope for good discussion.
———————-
Edit 2: I am editing below because the more I think about it; I should never write when I am angry. I end up being mean to people who don’t deserve such treatment. I can disagree with someone but that shouldn’t make me disagreeable.

—————————-

You appear to be operating under the misapprehension that I wish to DEFEND Trump. Trump, like everyone else, has some good points and sometimes operates under decent motives. But as I stated, his shortcomings make his best qualities (such as they are), useless. His ego, pride, and arrogance undo any good of which he would otherwise be capable. He is flawed and only the Grace of God can help him.

As to your insinuation that I inhabit some sort of “right wing echo chamber”, I fear that accusation shows that you have very little comprehension of my background or my views. I am a liberal; but in the sense of classical liberalism as described by the enlightenment. Locke, Smith,Hume, Rousseau, Milton; these are my grounding; not the pretenders of the modern right. I am closer to a libertarian than a Republican (minus their silly libertine fixation on drug legalization of course).

Neither party currently lives up to the best ideas of the pillars of Western thought and any current propensity I have to vote “Republican” is merely a last ditch choice of the lesser of two evils.

So please don’t automatically assume to know me or what I think. The world is far too complex to reflexively divide into two simple camps.

Our forefathers developed a rational and humane worldview that has been cheapened into a grotesque parody by the people who run both parties and harnessed to merely draw money out of our pockets to fund campaigns to defeat the “other guy” while the party leaders laugh all the way to the bank. It is all Kabui theater and I am no longer sitting in the audience allowing my anger to be stoked in an effort to rob and control me.
I feel that if we ant to really understand one another going forward in this country and hopefully make progress, discussion has to move beyond its current unsophisticated tribal dichotomy between “left wing” and “right wing”.
Good night and good weekend. Thanks for listening

My comment is from one who was fed democrat propaganda and talking points as a teen then bought it that they are more caring and giving versus republicans. I jumped on the bandwagon. I was told republicans are racists. Then the world view is shaped around that idea going into your 20's. Young people are more vulnerable to the idealism democrats feed you. You get the mindset that viewpoint is the only correct viewpoint and tune out the other side with "yeah but's" thinking people have all the answers. Some of my democrat friends know the democrats stink but they have told themselves that other side is worse. That is the mindset that keeps them trapped.

Growing older should be about learning and maturing in your thoughts along the way. Part of that was what lessons do I want to teach my kids. Did I want to teach that they are victims and the deck is stacked against them, or put God first and know that if you work hard you can accomplish anything you want in life? I chose the later. I also intentionally cleared my mind of many pre-conceived notions I had before and it's easier to see things more clearly.

I've told parts of this story before without going into further details and rehashing.

That's odd because you exhibit moral superiority like a democrat. I suspect you are voting and it's probably not 3rd party.

Name 5 Trump bad policy decisions.

Last edited:
That's odd because you exhibit moral superiority like a democrat. I suspect you are voting and it's probably not 3rd party.

Name 5 Trump bad policy decisions.
Sure, it's odd to you because you live in a right wing echo chamber. You're the one who brings up moral values, choosing to use them in the most ignorant manner possible.

International trade
Taxation
Border
Education
Healthcare

Sure, it's odd to you because you live in a right wing echo chamber. You're the one who brings up moral values, choosing to use them in the most ignorant manner possible.

International trade
Taxation
Border
Education
Healthcare

Lol...you can't be serious. A company would give you walking papers after that response.

Just +out of curiosity, would you say that Trump loves America, defends our Constitution, and made decisions as President to support national security, American commerce, and border security?

No, he only loves himself
No, only when it suits him
Yes, some/most times
Yes
Yes, but not as much as y'all think

This thread is not about Trump or Biden.

So I’ve been told.

VN Store

Back