2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Ehh. A has-been and a nobody. They’ll be drafting a QB Rd 1 next year

They made two extremely, extremely low risk/high reward moves. If you Ryan Tannehill at his best level play out of Wilson (something he’s exceeded in the past), for the league minimum, that’s amazing.

They made two extremely, extremely low risk/high reward moves. If you Ryan Tannehill at his best level play out of Wilson (something he’s exceeded in the past), for the league minimum, that’s amazing.

If they just get 1/3 of what Russ used to be then it's an improvement over KP

Reactions: Vol8188
If they just get 1/3 of what Russ used to be then it's an improvement over KP

Russ used to be good because his team had a great playaction threat, he was great at keeping the play alive, and he was willing to run. He can only throw to the sidelines or deep, really. But he does throw an excellent deep ball. He was most dangerous when the play broke down.

He's literally one of the dumbest good QB's ever and that's why his game is not aging well. He's no longer willing to run nor is he good at keeping plays alive, so there's basically nothing left to threaten the D. There was a quote last week that came out about how much they had to dumb down Payton's playbook for him. He couldn't even handle it with the wristband condensed offense.

Reactions: YankeeVol
They upgraded to YOU

According to me
According to the Steelers staff (they wouldn’t have made the move if they thought it was a downgrade)
According to PFF (70 vs 77 grade)
According to QBR

It seems insane at this point to argue they did not upgrade

Russ used to be good because his team had a great playaction threat, he was great at keeping the play alive, and he was willing to run. He can only throw to the sidelines or deep, really. But he does throw an excellent deep ball. He was most dangerous when the play broke down.

He's literally one of the dumbest good QB's ever and that's why his game is not aging well. He's no longer willing to run nor is he good at keeping plays alive, so there's basically nothing left to threaten the D. There was a quote last week that came out about how much they had to dumb down Payton's playbook for him. He couldn't even handle it with the wristband condensed offense.

He had the same wonderlic as Drew Brees, a 28. Which is 4 points above the mean for QBs. He’s not dumb. Nor is he one of the dumbest starting QBs ever

That is a very dumb thing to claim, even for you

Last edited:
According to me
According to the Steelers staff (they wouldn’t have made the move if they thought it was a downgrade)
According to PFF (70 vs 77 grade)
According to QBR

It seems insane at this point to argue they did not upgrade
We shall see. I'm not impressed with either move.

I will agree that the investment is low, so when both don't do s***, they really won't have lost much.

So HH will be 31 years old before he gets a shot as a NFL starter? That's if Detroit doesn't extend/resign Goff after this 4 year deal.
He’s 26 and in the second season of his four year rookie contract. His first was basically a redshirt due to his knee. Stay the course and develop and other teams (like the Giants) may develop interest before he reaches Social Security. As is, I wouldn’t start a telethon to rescue him from these unfortunate circumstances.

So HH will be 31 years old before he gets a shot as a NFL starter? That's if Detroit doesn't extend/resign Goff after this 4 year deal.

He was drafted to be a backup. I don't think he thinks he was drafted to be Goff's successor. It's the same situation he was in 2 days ago. His pathway to starting is kicking ass in practice and waiting for the starter to get hurt.

I will be very surprised if Goff starts every game until that contract is up.

By you, I'm sure.

To be 100% clear, the controversy is not about the fact that he is a Christian.
You’re missing the point that the CONTROVERSY is his conservative stance on women’s roles. Now if he was Muslim and stated that those students should have never pursued education and should cover their faces, we’d see how much squawking would be conducted by the MSM. What EXACTLY did he advocate? Do you know or are you letting the View craft your outrage?

You’re missing the point that the CONTROVERSY is his conservative stance on women’s roles. Now if he was Muslim and stated that those students should have never pursued education and should cover their faces, we’d see how much squawking would be conducted by the MSM. What EXACTLY did he advocate? Do you know or are you letting the View craft your outrage?

I'm not mad at all about anything. I'm not mad at Butker. I posted a joke. You are the butthurt one getting defensive about Christians. Lighten up.

What makes you think I didn't get that? He's literally being protected and revered. You are protecting him. The jersey buyers are revering him. Your sarcastic analysis flipped on you and you are the one missing the point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back