2024 NBA Season Thread aka The Zion High Deductible Healthcare Plan

Both games last night, just chalk them up to 3p shooting.

Home court isn't the same advantage it used to be because of 3p variance.

It is tied to three point shooting, yes, but the record is statistically aberrant even for today's NBA. And they are more often than not getting crushed in these games because they play lost on defense and don't secure rebounds whenever the shots aren't falling on the other end.

The pattern is pretty robust at this point: Knicks in 6 in the ECF if healthy. They'll win games 2 and 5 in Boston.

It is tied to three point shooting, yes, but the record is statistically aberrant even for today's NBA. And they are more often than not getting crushed in these games because they play lost on defense and don't secure rebounds whenever the shots aren't falling on the other end.

The pattern is pretty robust at this point: Knicks in 6 in the ECF if healthy. They'll win games 2 and 5 in Boston.

You're not losing to the Knicks. I wouldn't even count on seeing the Knicks.

I bet on Pacers after losing game 1. Game 2 didn't change my mind especially bc OG went down. Pacers went from +330 to +270

Reactions: Rifleman
You're not losing to the Knicks. I wouldn't even count on seeing the Knicks.

I bet on Pacers after losing game 1. Game 2 didn't change my mind especially bc OG went down. Pacers went from +330 to +270

Odds on Minnesota over Knicks in Finals are pretty good today, though. I'm tempted.

I'm greatly enjoying all the non-Celtics series. This current NBA has got it all: skilled stars, defensive stoppers, messy egos, soap-opera dramas, press conference sex apparently, and even the bench players are good.

Both games last night, just chalk them up to 3p shooting.

Home court isn't the same advantage it used to be because of 3p variance.

Plus both teams were playing the critical must win game 2 to avoid the 0-2 hole before game 3 and 4 vs Top Dog teams.

Odds on Minnesota over Knicks in Finals are pretty good today, though. I'm tempted.

I'm greatly enjoying all the non-Celtics series. This current NBA has got it all: skilled stars, defensive stoppers, messy egos, soap-opera dramas, press conference sex apparently, and even the bench players are good.

Celtics are my least favorite playoff team to watch, mostly because I've seen Tatum and Brown play 1,000 playoff games already to this point, and then the other part is that after all these years they're still just basically a my turn/your turn team on offense. Iso + dribble + dribble + long jumper. Must drive Mazzoula crazy. Kobe did the ultimate Black Mamba kiss of death to the C's by training with Tatum. It's so hard to win playing Kobe's game in today's NBA, especially when you're not Kobe!

These playoffs have been awesome, tho. C's are even interesting in series they should win easily.

Reactions: Rifleman
Critical game 3s tonight
Knicks Pacers
A must win game for the Pacers to have a realistic chance of keeping this series competitive.

Nuggets TimberWolves

The Timberwolves offense in 2 games has been an impressive onslaught so the Nuggets will need to play great defense and outplay the Timberwolves which does involve making less mistakes. That’s a high bar task that is easier said than done on a basketball court.

Nuggets are going to have to match Minnesota’s defensive intensity to have a shot. The building will be loud and they will have to compose themselves better than they did in game 2. They’ve had 3 days off since Game 2 so we will see if Murray has been able to get his calf better. I expect a very desperate Nuggets team tonight

Well that was a great 1st half for the Nuggets.
That’s why the pressure is on them to not choke in the 2nd half.

VN Store

Back