2024 NBA Offseason

So you came here to hate on women's sports? That's what this is about? You want to ignore the valuations and sale prices and believe billionaire owner trickeration because those are facts that won't let you pick on womens sports?

The Seattle Storm were bought for $10m in 2008 and now have a $150m valuation. They're losing?
How many games you watch homie?

Ain't no way it's more than ONE

1. Hawks
2. Wizards
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Pistons
6. Hornets
7. Trail Blazers
8. Spurs
9. Grizzlies
10. Jazz
11. Bulls
12. Thunder
13. Kings
14. Trail Blazers

Reactions: Volfan1000
Rockets should trade #3 pick they have a solid nucleus for the future.

Reed Shepherd shouldn't go in top 5 as some predict, nothing against the young man but Jimmer Fredette vibes with him.

Rockets should trade #3 pick they have a solid nucleus for the future.

Reed Shepherd shouldn't go in top 5 as some predict, nothing against the young man but Jimmer Fredette vibes with him.

In this draft he probably is.

Reed was a better setup guy in the SEC his freshman year than Jimmer was any of his 4 years in the MWC. Reed is also one of the best thieves I've seen and Jimmer didn't have that. Way more blocks and rebounds. Reed shooting 52% from 3p is nuts, too.

The way he scores is not really like Fredette or Steph but I would say the other parts of his game are similar to Steph.

Reactions: TBrown
Jazz falling to 10 might mean they don't get a crack at Sheppard or at DK, and the American great white hope will evade Danny Ainge yet again.

This mock does have Knecht falling to us. I don't especially want Knecht. I'd be happy with him, but I'm not the kind of person that necessarily wants to marry my pro team to my Vols because it's more painful when it doesn't work out. I'd be good with Castle like they mocked. Elite perimeter defense. Only shot 27% from 3p but he shoots FT's well, so you can hope the 3p shooting comes around. He only shot 75 3's so that number could be pretty flukey.

Last edited:
Should've put this here. Russillo said a team told him the value of the first pick is approximately a 4th starter on a good team, so like a Lou Dort is maybe the best you can do.

Simmons said this draft is like a draft where the top 3 prospects are missing and you just start with the 4th pick. Russillo said he talked to 8 teams after the lottery yesterday, and what Simmons said was nicer than anything they said. @zjcvols at least it's a good year to get screwed by the lottery.

Raptors tanked their asses off to preserve their top-6 protected pick (Poeltl trade) and lost it because they fell back two spots. 😄

Jazz fell from #8 to #10 and had a top-10 protected pick :oops:

However, Jazz were not egregious tankers. The tank was much more a result of trading guys than it was about putting out BS lineups.

Reactions: knoxvol52
@zjcvols maybe you missed out on Sarr, but I don't think you want Clingan. Would you take Topic? Dillingham* is a stay away for me. I was excited about the Jazz possibly having a shot at Matas, but after we fell and he climbed, that's out of the cards. He's got way more upside than most of the guys in this draft, and that's who the Ringer is mocking to you. Could be one of those blessing in disguise things that you fell.

*A tiny guard with a 6' 2" wingspan and the only things I'm sure he can do is run offense, and I'm not crazy about the assist/turnover ratio or his 2p%.

Stephen A. Smith said KD might be the trade piece for Suns.

Doesn't believe they run it back.

So, there were 4 "big market" teams in the lottery, and against all odds, we ended up with 3 of them in the top 3. Not only that, but this means the Spurs get two top 8 picks to help Wemby, the league's most marketable young player. Pretty fkn funny.

@zjcvols maybe you missed out on Sarr, but I don't think you want Clingan. Would you take Topic? Dillingham* is a stay away for me. I was excited about the Jazz possibly having a shot at Matas, but after we fell and he climbed, that's out of the cards. He's got way more upside than most of the guys in this draft, and that's who the Ringer is mocking to you. Could be one of those blessing in disguise things that you fell.

*A tiny guard with a 6' 2" wingspan and the only things I'm sure he can do is run offense, and I'm not crazy about the assist/turnover ratio or his 2p%.

I’m all in on Castle, Williams or Sheppard. Trade Ivey. Somebody that can play some defense please

Reactions: n_huffhines
Castle screams Mikal Bridges 2.0 for me. I know the shooting isn’t great but his FT numbers were good and he isn’t afraid of the moment

Reactions: n_huffhines
Might as well?

Reports are that Durant didn't ever feel comfortable with his role next to Beal. He didn't like being relegated to the corner and to screener in PnR's so much. What do the Suns do? We might end up with Beal as the last man standing this summer.

My Hawks got the number one draft pick and it will be very interesting to see what Landry Fields does with that and the possible trade of Murray or Young or someone else this off season.

Josh Giddey most likely odd man out in OKC.

Really don't see how OKC can keep all this young talent together after a couple of more seasons. They all will want paid.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Josh Giddey most likely odd man out in OKC.

Really don't see how OKC can keep all this young talent together after a couple of more seasons. They all will want paid.

I think Giddey would have been traded this year, but his personal life controversy dropped his value. I think they wanted to recoup value and the playoffs are doing the opposite. He's borderline unplayable.

Wow, that's surprising. Do you know what Knecht's was ?

I haven't heard. Only official stuff I've seen is body measurements. I did see video of Knecht hitting like 12 of 15 3's from 3 spots.

Knecht came in at 6' 5-1/4" and 212 lbs. +4 wingspan is huge. I thought it was gonna be a pretty good measurement.

I think the best situation for Knecht is to go to Spurs and play with Wemby. Wemby will make his life easier and will give him his best chance to impact the game with his strength shooting the ball.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back