2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

Point taken. Having said that I see us taking 2 and won't be shocked if space opens allowing a third.... assuming my math is correct...and it never was a strength.

I still think someone on our roster hits the portal.

Reactions: jtipto10
I’m not an insider but agree w BTO. Santi is the one player I could see returning as he is only 21 yrs old and loves college life.
Yeah, I've seen her. If I were his age, I wouldn't want to leave school either.

I’m not an insider but agree w BTO. Santi is the one player I could see returning as he is only 21 yrs old and loves college life.
Did a double take on only being 21 years old. It makes sense after you stop to think about it for a second but the last few years have been such a time warp and it seems like he’s been here for about 8 seasons.

Also...after 3 years starting at Arizona I have to ask why is Kriisa wanting out? You've started 70 of 76 games you've played in while averaged 29.6 mpg...and Arizona is about as Blue Blood as you can get...why leave now?

I can only assume he wants to be given a full greenlight on offense, because he's just averaging 8.2 FGAs a game for his career.

Not sure it was his decision.

Y’all are wild. Kriisa seemed like an a hole when we played them the last two years but Arizona also looked a lot better when he was in the game than out. Great shooter, great size for a lead guard, and led the PAC 12 in assists. Better with us than against us

Was a top 50 kid...big time concerns though IMO. He's been there 2 seasons and only played 25 games, he's 5'9" and 160lbs and despite being a "score first" type of PG he's a sub 38% FG and sub 30% from 3PT for his career.
Valid points - I’m just thinking he’s considerably better that his numbers to date based on his hs ranking and his play against us last year. As you correctly pointed out, he’s not a take on production to date.

Valid points - I’m just thinking he’s considerably better that his numbers to date based on his hs ranking and his play against us last year. As you correctly pointed out, he’s not a take on production to date.

I mean who knows, if he gets healthy he could be a guy that takes off with a new coaching staff. I just worry that at his size he's already having durability issues.

Reactions: walkenvol
Y’all are wild. Kriisa seemed like an a hole when we played them the last two years but Arizona also looked a lot better when he was in the game than out. Great shooter, great size for a lead guard, and led the PAC 12 in assists. Better with us than against us

Overall fanbase seems to want him gone. In their loss to Princeton he was 1/7 (all from 3), 2 assists, 4 TOs. Career 37%FG shooter, and then the intangibles like being very streaky and in general terrible attitude. Boswell will be starting next year.

Reactions: berryvol
Meh, it’s not ideal and that’s gonna give terrible spacing, we have seen some of that this year but not much at all…and every time we do people are questioning why we are doing it.
Only way it would work is if Aidoo plays high post and Awaka plays low post. Aidoo seems more comfortable facing anyway and just needs to hit that mid-range jumper relatively consistently and extend range a couple feet (15-17 footers). Opponents are going to give it to him and his arms are so long he should be able to get it off at will. Awaka likewise is more comfortable with back to basket and hasn’t shown any ability to hit a jump shot. Old school and congests the paint, but I could see Awaka going back and forth across the lane setting picks all day long on the block. May even benefit Awaka some offensively at the 4 if opponents don’t put a Center on him. He will struggle with length.

Who knows, he has been a lot better this year than anyone could have imagined. We know he is going to be a rebounding monster. He may get all his points on offensive rebounds.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
The programs who benefitted from the portal this year took multiple transfers. We usually only take 1 and may consider 2.

Mizzou, Arkansas, UK, Auburn, Texas all had multiple transfers that contributed. The more you take, the better a chance that some produce.
WV lives off transfers there whole dam roster

He would be a really solid pickup as a Vescovi replacement, but is the interest mutual? Or do you read it as he’s contacted us but we aren’t sure what our interest is?[/QUOTE

My friend texted me “Cone has reached out to us.” Sadly that’s exactly all I know. I’m excited about his interest, but would assume they’ll encourage him to visit to buy time.

VN Store

Back