2019 Target List

If Grant leaves, I’ll be shocked if they don’t use a scholly on a grad transfer

I’m curious to see the direction it all goes this spring, obviously right now there aren’t any open spots, but clearly the staff is recruiting as if there’s at least 1 and maybe more. As I’ve said previously I don’t expect Kent back, the other most likely scenario seems like GW leaving early opening 2 spots.

These seem to be the two 2019 guys they’re most involved with at the moment...

Isaiah Ihnen, Germany, Power Forward

Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua, 2019 Power forward - Rivals

Also been some talk of them getting involved with Kyree Walker, Hillcrest Hoops, Small Forward who’s likely to end up in the 2019 class.

They’re also listed as one of the teams that has reached out to graduate transfer Rayjon Tucker College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

So gonna be interesting to watch imo.
Would love to get either Kyree Walker or Rayjion Tucker .

Reactions: Special Ed
My gut feeling is that beating Iowa on Sunday all but clinched Grant leaving.

Only thing to prevent it IMO is getting back emphatic, universal feedback that he won’t be a first round pick as he works out for teams.

Only thing to prevent it IMO is getting back emphatic, universal feedback that he won’t be a first round pick as he works out for teams.
Can I ask why you think a win over a middle of the road Big 10 team was the tipping point? Just curious. Reaching the Sweet 16 was doesn't seem like much of a goal to base your future on.

Can I ask why you think a win over a middle of the road Big 10 team was the tipping point? Just curious. Reaching the Sweet 16 was doesn't seem like much of a goal to base your future on.

Imo getting to the sweet 16 was a hurdle for those players. I feel almost ashamed that my own feeling after the game wasn't the same as the scene I saw those players and coaches show in the lockerroom. They clearly were extremely excited

Imo getting to the sweet 16 was a hurdle for those players. I feel almost ashamed that my own feeling after the game wasn't the same as the scene I saw those players and coaches show in the lockerroom. They clearly were extremely excited
It was certainly a hurdle, but not something I think Grant bases the biggest decision of his young life on.

It was certainly a hurdle, but not something I think Grant bases the biggest decision of his young life on.

If he was truly 50/50 I could see a loss make him come back. He's not 50/50 imo though. The "there's a chance I come back " said it all to me

I agree....

Some will state that the "5th grade on Skittles" statement was the their reason for believing this move will happen.

Joking aside.....Grant Williams ability to take a game over late and play money ball is an unique ability only seen in a few. He seems to be money when the game is on the line....Time and time again that only a few possess and a quality only few possess.

Sweet 16 may not be good enough, but an E8 or F4 could set the wheels in motion.

I think Grant should come back, no question in my mind.

He would certainly be drafted, but prob be lucky to go in the first. He might go in the first but he will certainly not make history or anything, and his family already has money, not like he is struggling.

On the other hand by coming back he has a chance to make history. Has a chance at something very few have ever done. Also, even without the “history” aspect he has the Chance to work even more on his 3 game. If he can nail down the 3 he will prob increase his draft stock a lot.

Worst case scenario....Grant, Admiral, Alexander are all gone. Pember is off to prep school. That would leave us 4 slots? If Kent transfers, that's 5? Do we have enough kids interested in us to fill a class like that? What names are realistic?

Last edited:
Worst case scenario....Grant, Admiral, Alexander are all gone. Pember is off to prep school. That would leave us 4 slots? If Kent transfers, that's 5? Do we have enough kids interested in us to fill a class like that? What names are realistic?

Say what? We are currently full with Alex and and admiral gone, if Grant leaves that’s 1 spot, Kent would be 2...where you getting 5?

Not to be rude but that makes zero sense. I think you gut is simply confused by what you had for dinner.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Say what? We are currently full with Alex and and admiral gone, if Grant leaves that’s 1 spot, Kent would be 2...where you getting 5?

Pember and Gaines are prep? Admiral, Grant, Alexander are 3 more. We have James. That's 4 spots. I figure Kent to transfer. That's 5 spots. Am I off base?

Pember and Gaines are prep? Admiral, Grant, Alexander are 3 more. We have James. That's 4 spots. I figure Kent to transfer. That's 5 spots. Am I off base?
Pember and Gaines are both signed in the 2019 class, Gaines is already at a prep school so he will definitely be here...only way Pember goes prep is if we are full, which doesn’t seem likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAVPUT
To be clear, I don’t think he’s basing his future on that. I think it eliminates any sort of “unfinished business” motivation he may have. I think it is near certainty that he will declare for the draft and not hire an agent. The biggest thing he will base his decision on will be if he gets first round feedback. If he does, and we had lost on Sunday, I could see where he would still, maybe, have some pull toward a senior year. If he does not receive a first round feedback, I bet he’d be back regardless of Sunday’s result. All I’m saying.

Reactions: cncchris33
I can very confidently say:
#1 I do not know if Grant will leave early because he almost certainly has not focused on it enough to make a decision. And...
#2 When Grant does sit down and focus on the decision, the outcome of the Iowa game will have no bearing on his decision. Makes no sense that it would.

Grant comes back unless UT wins it all and then might still come back, imo. I know nothing like Jon Snow, but I can tell Grant enjoys the college experience and unless he goes off and leads us to the championship while becoming a lottery pick, I'm 99% sure he comes back. Like I said, Grant may come back and try to win back-to-back championships, either way, just seems like that kind of guy. Although, a guaranteed lottery pick probably would be too much to pass up. Don't see that happening unless he goes on a Danny Manning/Carmelo Anthony like run in the next 4 games.

With all the coaches now fired, any chance some of the top recruits from those schools open up their recruiting? If so which guys could be a target for Tennessee?

unless he goes off and leads us to the championship while becoming a lottery pick, I'm 99% sure he comes back.
That’s stretching it a bit don’t you think Dog? I’m 99% sure I’m going to be dragging in the morning for waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. From my experience of having raised 3 past GW’s age, there's not anything I’m that confident of concerning a 20 year old! JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

VN Store

Back