2019 Target List

Rob Lewis dropped a bomb tonight on VQ, said Rob Lanier was in Florida yesterday to see Tre Mann and that “things look really good there at the moment”. Apparently Mann was born in Austin, TX and grew up playing youth basketball with Rob Lanier’s son, so that relationship has been there for awhile.

Tre Mann, Villages Charter School, Point Guard

Rivals.com

Interesting size differences between each site. Rivals shows 6-4 170, 247 shows 6-1 150. My guess is that Rivals is more up to date (I hope). Still really thin at either size, but he is just a HS Jr., so he has time to fill out with a proper strength and nutrition program.

Interesting size differences between each site. Rivals shows 6-4 170, 247 shows 6-1 150. My guess is that Rivals is more up to date (I hope). Still really thin at either size, but he is just a HS Jr., so he has time to fill out with a proper strength and nutrition program.

My guess would be rivals has it closest as well, give him a year and a half before his first game and he shouldn’t have much trouble getting up to around 185.

On a related topic, 6’4”is pretty good size for a PG, Kira Lewis is also similarly sized...Tandy is around 6’1”, but many have him listed as a SG however he’s mentioned wanting to develop as a PG.

I had forgotten, but Lecque could still end up reclassifying to 2018.

Yup he could, I would be curious if Vols are talking to him about that as well...obviously we want a guard, and we have an open spot (2 actually), I would assume the staff would be fully on board with that.

I’m going to have a panic attack.

I’m not saying they are but it would definitely make sense...and if Lecque is reclassifying you would think he wants to go to a team expected to be Top 10-15...Vols offer that and PT, I would think Tennessee for a year would be more appealing than Duke or Kentucky, but that’s JMO.

Fwiw Florida just offered Kyle Sturdivant, a 2019 PG out of GA...Florida was named as 1/3 schools recruiting Mann the hardest. Could be nothing but could mean Florida isn’t feeling good about their chances with Mann thus making Tennessee much more likely it would seem.

Mann, Tandy, Gaines, Burns? We all good to roll with that?

Hmmm. Where have I heard that before?

After more digging I would shape the board much more like this...these are guys with firm offers from Tennessee and that have expressed some form of interest in Tennessee...

PG:
#13 Jalen Lecque
#41 Tre Mann
#107 Kira Lewis

SG:
#18 Josiah James
#46 Marcus Watson
#116 Dekeyvan Tandy

SF:
NR Davonte Gaines(#204 by 247)

PF:
#32 Isaiah Stewart
#124 Daniel Ramsey

C:
#80 DJ Burns
NR Jason Jitoboh(#190 by 247)

Guys who aren’t top priorities but I wouldn’t forget their names:
PG: Deuce Dean
SF: Niven Glover
PF: Jared Jones, DJ Thorpe

What about a class of the bolded above?

Hey guys, I know I could probably do some research on this, but do you care to tell me if we are going to get anybody for the '18 class?

Hey guys, I know I could probably do some research on this, but do you care to tell me if we are going to get anybody for the '18 class?

Looks like a grad transfer from Richmond and BTO thinks a big guy in Burns is going to reclassify and come in.

richmond graduate transfer Khwan Fore is a strong possibility.

some people toss around the idea that DJ Burns reclassifies to 2018 class.

Million dollar question. They’ve hosted a graduate transfer PG who is still mulling his options, and there is a possibility their top target in 2019 DJ Burns reclassifies to 2018.

VN Store

Back