2018 NBA Off-season Thread

Thinking about it, I'd still take Manu, but Petro could have been the 2nd best foreign Guard ever. Cause if I was starting a team and picking guys, Manu would be way up my SG list, a lot higher than most people would have him I think.

Why? You just counting rings? Dirk was unstoppable and led the 3 seed in the west as big underdog in the finals.

Durant joined a team that was the odds on favorite without him. Yes he was awesome in the finals both years, but it's not even his team. Durant was not that good against Houston. He shot less than 38% in 3 straight games. Dirk's team would've been toast if he did that.

While I agree with you and know you said 3 games in a row at 38%. But Dirk shot 35, 41, and 41% the first 3 games against Portland and Dallas won the first 2. He also shot 32% in game 4 of the Finals and 33% in the closeout game of the finals and they won both games. In other words Jet was the real MVP.

I'm going to state the obvious just to cause an argument on who said false.

Look at the color pigmentation.

I would say they are all about the same, tbh. They all played solid D and they all had better a:to ratios than Petro. Also, they all played deep into their 30's, which brought their averages down.
petrovic spent half a season playing his best basketball. The way he played, for that short period eclipses anything a european has ever done in the NBA except for Dirk.

I haven’t seen Daddy Sabonis mentioned so he gets my vote
If you’re talking international play, he’s up there. He was a shadow of himself by the time he suited up for the Trailblazers. Still effective, so it would have been fun to see what he could’ve done in his prime.

I'm mad at myself for forgetting Sabonis. I agree seeing him in his prime would have been fun, he was still top 13 or so center as a lesser version of himself.

VN Store

Back