2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

I don't understand Memphis wanting to trade the 4th pick to get off Parsons. It's basically selling a top-5 pick for cash, without anyone to spend it on, IMO.

I don't understand Memphis wanting to trade the 4th pick to get off Parsons. It's basically selling a top-5 pick for cash, without anyone to spend it on, IMO.

That is the part that confuses me, too. Maybe they think they could snag Marcus Smart, who seems more interested in $ than playing for a contender and/or in a big market.

That is the part that confuses me, too. Maybe they think they could snag Marcus Smart, who seems more interested in $ than playing for a contender and/or in a big market.

I really don’t understand at all why they think they can be competitive. They need to go the opposite way. Trade Gasol. Trade Conley. Acquire picks.

I really don’t understand at all why they think they can be competitive. They need to go the opposite way. Trade Gasol. Trade Conley. Acquire picks.

They just want to win 45+ games and make $. How do you trade Conley or Gasol? Who wants those contracts?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Figured why not. This is where i’d draft the top 15... And the thunder’s pick lol

1 Phnx -ayton Comparison-shaq
2 sac - donic. Comparison-Ben Simmons
3 atl - Sexton. Comparison-Reggie Jackson
4 mem-jaren Jackson jr Comparison-serge ibaka
5 dal- trae young comparison- mike Bibby
6 orl-mo bamba. Comparison-Kevin Garnett
7 chi-Jalen Bruson. Comparison- Angelo Russell
8 clev- zhaire smith. Comparison- Gerald green
9 ny-Marvin Bagley Comparison- a. Stoudemire
10 philly- Mikal Bridges. Comparison-Otto Porter
11 char-Lonnie walker Comparison-oj mayo
12 lac- sga. Comparison- Eric snow
13 lac- Robert Williams. Comparison-Marquese Chriss
14 den- wendell carter jr comparison- al horford
15 wash- mpjr. Comparison-gallinari

Thunder- Melvin Frazier comparison-Patrick McCaw

I’ll give my big too 10 big board. Unfortunately I’m on day 3 of my migraine so I couldn’t do my normal draft stuff.

1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. Doncic
4. Jackson
5. Sexton
6. Knox
7. Carter
8. Porter
9. Bamba
10. Mikal Bridges

Top 10 for me:
1. Doncic- Better playmaking Hayward
2. Ayton- Cousins
3. Bamba- Gobert with a touch of range
4. Bagley- Stoudemire
5. Jackson- Ibaka (prime)
6. Carter- Cleveland version Love
7. Sexton- Eric Bledsoe
8. Porter- Taller Wiggins
9. Young- Somewhere between Jimmer and Curry (ultimate boom or bust)
10. Miles Bridges- Tobias

As slight sleepers I really like:
Divincenzo- Brogdon clone
Knox- Oubre Jr

Obviously I’m not saying they all become that but I think those are the preferred comp outcomes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here’s my lottery prediction (trades will ruin it obviously)

1. Ayton
2. Bagley
3. Doncic
4. Jaren Jackson
5. Mo Bamba
6. Trae Young
7. Michael Porter
8. Wendell Carter
9. Collin Sexton
10. Mikal Bridges
11. SGA
12. Robert Williams
13. Miles Bridges
14. Zhaire Smith

I get the feeling Kemba is going to get traded for #8 or #9.

How does Ayton play like Shaq in any way?

Power. Most of his moves are power moves. Not really much fancy footwork. Just simple, and powerful. He is a little bit more agile than shaq, and has a better shot. Shaq may not have been the best comparison, but that’s who I see when I watch him.

Last edited:
Power. Most of his moves are power moves. Not really much fancy footwork. Just simple, and powerful. He is a little bit more agile than shaq, and has a better shot. Shaq may not have been the best comparison, but that’s who I see when I watch him.

He has power moves but has great footwork, touch, and has shown some post moves.

I think the best comp for Ayton is KAT. He's got a little more power than KAT and probably won't be as dangerous from the wing, but the style is similar, IMO.

VN Store

Back