2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I haven't paid enough attention at this point to be picking any sleepers, but I like a lot of those big guys at the top. All of them show promise, but Ayton and Bamba are the only ones I feel like are sure things.

Ayton
Bamba
Bagley
Carter Jr
Jackson Jr

gordonr24

VFL in Memphis
Franchise guys:

Ayton
Bagley
Porter (if healthy)

Solid starters (potential all stars):

Young
Sexton
Carter
Jackson
Bomba

Potential bust:

Doncic

I feel strongly about Doncic being overhyped. Slow shot release and not quick/athletic enough.

Franchise guys:

Ayton
Bagley
Porter (if healthy)

Young
Sexton
Carter
Jackson
Bomba

Potential bust:

Doncic

I feel strongly about Doncic being overhyped. Slow shot release and not quick/athletic enough.
I really like Doncic but I don’t see how Ayton doesn’t go #1. He’s incredible.

gordonr24

VFL in Memphis
Ayton will go #1. After that, it’s a crapshoot. If the Grizz hypothetically pick 2nd, I think they take Doncic, which will kill me. I think Porter is the better wing prospect , and if healthy, he will prove to be.

Ayton will go #1. After that, it’s a crapshoot. If the Grizz hypothetically pick 2nd, I think they take Doncic, which will kill me. I think Porter is the better wing prospect , and if healthy, he will prove to be.
My guess is Porter drops due to injury concerns. There’s always one and I could see the Cavs getting him at 7 or 8.

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Maybe it’s just because I watched him destroy Tennessee on a couple of Saturdays, but I’m way higher on SGA than the national prognosticators seem to be.
He's got a very nice skill set and shows very good decision making, but I think he loses stock over his physical ability. He's so skinny and he's not very explosive.

LittleCat

Cat Ambassador
He's got a very nice skill set and shows very good decision making, but I think he loses stock over his physical ability. He's so skinny and he's not very explosive.
I'll be very interested to see his numbers in the shuttle/vertical. He does seem to have a weird ability to get by people yet not be that fast. And he was super crafty at finishing inside.

NashVol11

Gloomed to Fail
Franchise guys:

Ayton
Bagley
Porter (if healthy)

Young
Sexton
Carter
Jackson
Bomba

Potential bust:

Doncic

Agree with most of this, but I like Doncic. If you're the best player on one of the best non-NBA teams in the world (miles better than any college team) at age 19, you're doing something right.

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
I’d guess they get Ayton.
It would be the shock of the century if the Suns didn't take Ayton. If they take Ayton and he's just good and Doncic is elite, the fans won't fault management. If they take Doncic and he's just good while Ayton is elite, they will crucify management. It will go down as an all-time blunder. Ayton played HS and college here and on paper he's everything you look for in a #1 pick.

It would be the shock of the century if the Suns didn't take Ayton. If they take Ayton and he's just good and Doncic is elite, the fans won't fault management. If they take Doncic and he's just good while Ayton is elite, they will crucify management. It will go down as an all-time blunder. Ayton played HS and college here and on paper he's everything you look for in a #1 pick.
I prefer Ayton pretty substantially. I like Jaren Jackson more than Doncic as well. Everything I read about Doncic screams Nic Batum to me.

I just assume they’d take Doncic because they hired his former coach.

VN Store

Sponsors