2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

Not sure why you think that. He had a bad playoff but I think most of the blame could be placed on Thibs

I think there might be something to what he's saying. I can't explain why he's not the dominant defensive force people were expecting him to be. That was supposed to be the easy part of his development.

I think there might be something to what he's saying. I can't explain why he's not the dominant defensive force people were expecting him to be. That was supposed to be the easy part of his development.

Oh defensively. He’s definitely been disappointing on that end. Poor timing on blocks and generally slow to rotate. He shows spurts of being dominant on both ends but lacks consistency. But I also think his defense will improve over time with more experience. He’s 2 years younger than Embiid and if I’m the Wolves i side with KAT over Thibs and Jimmy if it comes down to that

The ultimate goal in the draft is to find a KAT and I don’t have the stomach to go thru another rebuild

The ultimate goal in the draft is to find a KAT and I don’t have the stomach to go thru another rebuild

I know what you're saying, but I've heard about 4 people now say they'd take Ayton over KAT and that the Suns shouldn't do it. Also, if KAT wants out, you couldn't ask for a better trade.

All that being said, I don't think I'd do it if I'm either team. If I'm Minny, I trade Wiggins for a lottery pick right now.

I know what you're saying, but I've heard about 4 people now say they'd take Ayton over KAT and that the Suns shouldn't do it. Also, if KAT wants out, you couldn't ask for a better trade.

All that being said, I don't think I'd do it if I'm either team. If I'm Minny, I trade Wiggins for a lottery pick right now.

I love Ayton as a prospect but I’d rather keep the known commodity. KAT hasn’t missed a game in 3 seasons and durability is always a concern for big men

I agree on Wiggins. I would try my hardest to move him this summer. He doesn’t have it between the ears

KAT is the best player on that team by a wide margin. But he doesn’t have it defensively most of the time and he’s too passive offensively.

Thibs has been bad for him, in my opinion. And they’d be stupid to trade him instead of trying a new coach.

But to my preference for Ayton:
1) I think it’s likely he’ll be just as good.
2) You don’t have to pay him for a while.

KAT is the best player on that team by a wide margin. But he doesn’t have it defensively most of the time and he’s too passive offensively.

Thibs has been bad for him, in my opinion. And they’d be stupid to trade him instead of trying a new coach.

Ayton has some of the same bad habits as KAT on D, although he is a superior athlete. I don’t think he’ll ever be the shooter or handler that KAT is, but he has enough shooting touch and athleticism to be a force. And if it comes together on D he will be scary. I see where you’re coming from.

I agree with most of that but I wouldn’t say that KAT is passive on offense at all. His biggest issue is lower body strength. He has an issue getting low post position so lot of the time he’s receiving the ball 14-18 ft from the basket. With time his strength will come and he will be able to control the paint. Some of his issues could be attributed to scheme and teammates. It’s maddening to watch Jeff Teague and Taj Gibson run 3 straight pick n rolls followed by 2 isos by Wiggins

Bruh, that's his Mom

33114993_1028769337273261_8207364614946553856_n.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
I’m stunned a guy like Brandon McCoy isn’t getting more 1st round talk. Averaged 17 and 10 as a freshman. 19 years old! I get he doesn’t fit the new NBA but someone should take a shot on this guy and work with him to develop a 3 point shot.

Here's a hair-brained idea....if Doncic falls, the Suns trade Devin Booker for somebody's pick. How far would he have to fall?

Here's a hair-brained idea....if Doncic falls, the Suns trade Devin Booker for somebody's pick. How far would he have to fall?
That’s a tough one. I prefer Doncic over Booker but Doncic isn’t a lights out shooter so spacing could become an issue with him and Jackson on the floor together. But you can’t keep Booker and Doncic together unless you want turnstile perimeter defense.

#6 to the Magic?

I still think if the Kings are smart they will draft Doncic. If he doesn’t come over you can get a ransom from a “good” team for him.

This is what needs to happen...whomever they want between Bamba and Doncic, the Celtics trade Kyrie Irving and Marcus Morris for the pick. Now they have enough cap space to snag Lebron to play PF and they have enough PT to justify keeping both Rozier and Smart.

Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Lebron
Horford

with Rozier and Brown being the first 2 off the bench. Kyrie has played 70 games 3x in 7 years. This move makes sense.

LeBron will never ever go to Boston

Why do you say that? It's one of the biggest markets and he's trying to be a mogul. Why wouldn't he want to win over Boston fans?

He swallowed his pride and played for Gilbert because it was likely his best opportunity.

Why do you say that? It's one of the biggest markets and he's trying to be a mogul. Why wouldn't he want to win over Boston fans?

He swallowed his pride and played for Gilbert because it was likely his best opportunity.

He hates Boston. He hates their fans and the organization, therefore he will never go there.

VN Store

Back