2018 LV Recruits on the Radar

They're both "communications studies" majors. Somehow, I doubt a post graduate degree matters for them. They probably want to go into broadcasting or coaching. If they want to explore the business world, they can get an MBA during the WNBA offseason or part time.

There's zero advantage for them to get a graduate degree from Tennessee at this point unless they really just want to play another year of college basketball, which I have difficulty believing is an attractive option right now.

My final comment on this will be they will be back in my opinion UNLESS they are tired of all this drama that Holly keeps going with her coaching ability or lack thereof!!

Thanks for conversation!

I think they both leave but I don't think next year will be as bad as I believe the freshman will compete some of the games we lost we just don't compete through all positions

Shekinna's class was more talented than this one coming in, and their freshman year was the worst season for Tennessee until Holly broke that record.

The recruits look promising, but they're still freshmen, and I expect that they will play like Tennessee freshmen have historically played...which is to say, they should be ready to contribute by the time they are juniors and seniors.

MR and DD leaving will be a huge blow to the team.

Last edited:
Shekinna's class was more talented than this one coming in, and their freshman year was the worst season for Tennessee until Holly broke that record.

The recruits look promising, but their still freshmen, and I expect that they will play like Tennessee freshmen have historically played...which is to say, they should be ready to contribute by the time they are juniors and seniors.

MR and DD leaving will be a huge blow to the team.

I like you can have and opinion!

Welcome to Tennessee Jazmine Massengill, great get for Tennessee, this little Church high school in Chattanooga is loaded with a lot of players to feed the Tennessee Lady Vol's.

Reactions: 1 person
Looking ahead to 2018-19, assuming that no one leaves due to transfer or injury, we will have 8 incoming players plus 2 verbals. How many total players would be a good number(12 or 13)? If we just got two more a post would be a number one priority and a forward.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa post
Elizabeth Dixon forward

De Costa, Nicoletti and Balogun would be nice also, but that would put you to 15, which would probably be too many.

Would the coaching staff verbal 7 for this class to put you to 15?

Looking ahead to 2018-19, assuming that no one leaves due to transfer or injury, we will have 8 incoming players plus 2 verbals. How many total players would be a good number(12 or 13)? If we just got two more a post would be a number one priority and a forward.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa post
Elizabeth Dixon forward

De Costa, Nicoletti and Balogun would be nice also, but that would put you to 15, which would probably be too many.

I think you absolutely do for the those types of players! Let the numbers work themselves out in competitive practices. We've seen what can happen to a roster that is not full.

Last edited:

Olivia Nelson-Ododa post
Elizabeth Dixon forward

2018-2019 we would only have 10 on the roster. With Green, Meme graduating. Te'a would be RS Sr. so she could leave too in 2019. We could take five in this class.

Te'a
Meme
Green
Kamera
Evina
Annie
Rennia
Kasi
Collins (2018)
Massengill (2018)

I expect we keep no more than 12 and 13. Due to injury we need 13 or 12 bodies . If we play like we suppose to next year than playing time will take care of it's self

Next year we will only be 11 deep that's if Cedes and Diamond stay. It's normally like 13 on the roster. Playing time shouldn't be a problem.

yeah but the incoming class is really talented, they will expect playing time right away maybe even think they should be starting.

yeah but the incoming class is really talented, they will expect playing time right away maybe even think they should be starting.

I think that is a positive. If they are not starting, and that may be a big if....they will be real hungry when they get into the game. Better reserves will take the pressure off the starters and they can get more rest over the course of the game and ultimately be more fresh....everyone benefits from the rest. I think being a starter is a bit overrated when players play as a team. Great players come off the bench for a lot of teams when they could be starters but they have accepted their role. Its been my experience, when starters get rest, the other teams starters do also so that offers an opportunity to play the other teams second string and extend leads. A deep bench is a blessing when managed properly. I'm sure Holly is looking forward to having that flexibility when players are not feeling or playing well.

Next year we will only be 11 deep that's if Cedes and Diamond stay. It's normally like 13 on the roster. Playing time shouldn't be a problem.

Cooper
Jackson
Middleton
Davis
Westbrook
Green
Harris
Kushkituah
Hayes
Nared
Dunbar

That's 11 without Russell and DeShields. We would have 13 if they return.

How possible do we think it is that Cedes stays for one more year and Diamond goes WNBA or vice versa? I was looking at some WNBA mock drafts and Cedes wasn't in the first round. They didn't have a second round for me to look at it. Diamond was pretty consistent as the 1st pick or the 2nd pick.

or do we think that if one goes both go?

Izabella Nicoletti, a 5-10 guard and one of the best shooters in the Class of 2018, is expected to take a second unofficial visit to Knoxville soon. Tennessee also remains in regular contact with 2018’s Aquira DeCosta, a 6-2 forward from Sacramento, California. Olivia Nelson-Ododa, a 6-4 post in 2018.

Thinking two more small forwards would be ideal in this class; with the loss of Diamond Jaime, and Kort. MeMe would have to be moved to the 3 for her final year with Rennia sharing the position.

Izabella Nicoletti, a 5-10 guard and one of the best shooters in the Class of 2018, is expected to take a second unofficial visit to Knoxville soon. Tennessee also remains in regular contact with 2018’s Aquira DeCosta, a 6-2 forward from Sacramento, California. Olivia Nelson-Ododa, a 6-4 post in 2018.

Would love to get all these girls plus Elizabeth Balogun

VN Store

Back