2017 SECT seeding

Unfortunately for TN, when they blanketed Frazier when he drove into the paint he was constantly finding unguarded teammates for uncontested jumpers. It's a dilemma with BoneTurner/Parker not being competent defenders and Phillips/Bowden just not quick enough. Barnes has his work cut out coming up with a plan. Unfortunately it involves freshmen.

I'm really dreading going up against Frazier again. I don't think our guards can contain him. Hope Barnes figures out a plan and a damn good one at that.

Who should Tennessee put on Frazier ?

Muhammad Ali!

KO.JPG

Down Goes Frazier!
Down Goes Frazier!

(Even though that's Sonny Liston on the canvas in the iconic photo and it was George Foreman who knocked down Frazier. But I couldn't find a photo of the Frazier knockdown. We'll need a Frazier "knockout" to win this one.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
How can you defend this guy? Slack off and he doesn't miss on the perimeter. Guard him close and he blows by the defender and gets to the basket. Rotate to prevent him from scoring at the basket and he finds a wide open teammate. He might be the most well rounded PG that I've ever seen in the TBA. Chris Jackson was a great shooter and penetrator, but if he didn't have Shaquille and Stanley Roberts to dump the ball off to, would he have been anywhere near as effective? Also, it's a lot easier to find those two guys than whichever Dawg happened to be left open.

If the Vols somehow beat Georgia, do you guys think that UT would have any chance to upset UK lol ?

If the Vols somehow beat Georgia, do you guys think that UT would have any chance to upset UK lol ?

A chance? Yeah. We've already beat them once this year so there's definitely a chance. Likely? No, but it's March so you never know.

What's the temperature at Auburn with BP - Has Finished 13th 13th & 11th in SEC standings and has had to play on opening night of the SEC tournament 3 years in a row. When you look at talent (based on recruiting stars) this team has no business playing on Wednesday night - thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
What's the temperature at Auburn with BP - Has Finished 13th 13th & 11th in SEC standings and has had to play on opening night of the SEC tournament 3 years in a row. When you look at talent (based on recruiting stars) this team has no business playing on Wednesday night - thoughts?

Thought the same thing.....Always thought Tony Jones was a factor in Pearl's success.

Given it's Auburn, his seat isn't even warm. If by year 5 they haven't made the NCAAT, then he might be sent packing since they've paid him very well. But then again, it's Auburn and they basically lucked out a guy like Pearl was even available. I just don't know who'd they go after.

Given it's Auburn, his seat isn't even warm. If by year 5 they haven't made the NCAAT, then he might be sent packing since they've paid him very well. But then again, it's Auburn and they basically lucked out a guy like Pearl was even available. I just don't know who'd they go after.

Tyndall would be a perfect fit.

VN Store

Back