2017 feels a lot like 1998

And, on that last play of the national title game, the one where Alabama won the 2017 College Football National Championship, didn’t Bama have a true freshman (from the class of 2017) left OT protecting a true freshman (from the class of 2017) QB who ran play action with a true freshman (from the class of 2017) RB, before throwing the game winning touchdown pass to a true freshman (from the class of 2017) WR??

5 of 11 players on the last play were true Freshmen:

Tagovailoa
N Harris
D Smith
Leatherwood
Jeudy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
why are you so obsessed with D4H....he was wrong, so are 99% of us on this thread. Have fun with it, this isn't court. It's supposed to be an escape, some of yall really need to chill

It's not the fact that he is wrong. It's because he continues to argue he's right whenever he is wrong most of the time.

Reactions: 2 people
5 of 11 players on the last play were true Freshmen:

Tagovailoa
N Harris
D Smith
Leatherwood
Jeudy

Yeah, that class really sucked. Then add that prior to the 2017 season, I’m pretty sure D4H stated multiple times that the era of Saban was coming to a close, that he has reached his peak and was on his way down (partially, as evidenced by that “awful” 2017 recruiting class. Lol)......and then Bama goes 14-1 and wins the national title despite being decimated with injuries most of the year on the defensive side of the ball, which finished as the #1 defense in the country. Again, lmfao.

So basically, take whatever D4H says about pretty much anything, make like George Costanza by doing the exact opposite, and you’re gonna be freaking golden.

It's not the fact that he is wrong. It's because he continues to argue he's right whenever he is wrong most of the time.

Exactly. When he gets straight busted about being 100% wrong about any one of his 1,000 “predictions” and takes, not only will he never fess up, he’ll double down and tell you he was either still right or he’ll make up some stupidity how it was all on somebody else, such as NFL scouts and GMs or the player in question himself.

why are you so obsessed with D4H....he was wrong, so are 99% of us on this thread. Have fun with it, this isn't court. It's supposed to be an escape, some of yall really need to chill

Because 99% of us don’t brag about our “genius” only to create threads proving that we’re not! :hmm:

Reactions: 3 people
I have actually found that you brag about your genius very often. :)

He seems a little quirky for me
but Butchna also seems hella smart.

He'll respond to a person and mean 3 different things in his response.
He's probably the best at doing that here...

D4H is awesome!

No, not remotely. What it proves is that after being 100% wrong about AK for his 2 years at UT, he finally got some ish to stick on the wall by saying about Alvin what he says about every other UT player entering the draft (other than Derek Barnett)....which is that they’ll be all-pro, all-world, first ballot HOFers and will win multiple SuperBowls. You surely know this.

Lets check our scorecard:

I said Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the 2017 draft. You said Leonard Fournette was the best and Dalvin Cook second. I win.

I said Deshaun Watson was injury prone and susceptible to knee injuries. You said that was false. I win again.

You're 0-2 against me head to head. Might be time for you to shut up and just listen.

I won't bump another thread, but check out D4H's assessment of Bama's 2017 freshman class...

And that freshmen class for Alabama looks terrible.

He said that on 10/22/17. I can't help but think this comment is the reason the CFPNCG ended the way it did.

In terms of NFL prospects they're pretty bad. Tua is too small and has a funky delivery. Najee Harris is to upright. The WRs are too small. And Dylan Moses has terrible instincts.

Lets check our scorecard:

I said Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the 2017 draft. You said Leonard Fournette was the best and Dalvin Cook second. I win.

I said Deshaun Watson was injury prone and susceptible to knee injuries. You said that was false. I win again.

You're 0-2 against me head to head. Might be time for you to shut up and just listen.

You’re welcome for bumping this last week, my son

You should know by now I don't care about what happens in college.

I'm talking about NFL prospects.

This is tantamount to stating you have no interest in gardening and then going to gardening.com and slathering you opinion all over the forum and telling them all they lack your genius in horticulture.

When you have threads like these:

Just how talented is the 2017 Vols roster?

2017 Vols will have the #1 or #2 ranked DEFENSE in the SEC

This might be Nick Saban's LEAST talented Alabama team since 2009

and God knows how many other threads (much less individual posts) You are talking about COLLEGE players on COLLEGE teams failing/succeeding in COLLEGE games. If you don't want to be berated for failing in your predictions about COLLEGE outcomes then make your predictions elsewhere. Otherwise you deserve every single hit you take on the subject.

This is tantamount to stating you have no interest in gardening and then going to gardening.com and slathering you opinion all over the forum and telling them all they lack your genius in horticulture.

When you have threads like these:

Just how talented is the 2017 Vols roster?

2017 Vols will have the #1 or #2 ranked DEFENSE in the SEC

This might be Nick Saban's LEAST talented Alabama team since 2009

and God knows how many other threads (much less individual posts) You are talking about COLLEGE players on COLLEGE teams failing/succeeding in COLLEGE games. If you don't want to be berated for failing in your predictions about COLLEGE outcomes then make your predictions elsewhere. Otherwise you deserve every single hit you take on the subject.

I never said I don't make predictions about college outcomes.

That quote was in response to me evaluating the talent on Alabama's football team. And I made it clear in that post I was talking about it in the context of NFL prospects.

When I talk talent it is always in the context of NFL prospects.

I never said I don't make predictions about college outcomes.

That quote was in response to me evaluating the talent on Alabama's football team. And I made it clear in that post I was talking about it in the context of NFL prospects.

When I talk talent it is always in the context of NFL prospects.

If we're to take you at your word then basically everything you ever say about any college player on any college team regarding their ability to play college football (and by extension predicting any college game outcome predicated on team talent) is a waste of both your time and ours, correct?

VN Store

Back