2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic

I think if the team was better it wouldn't be such a problem, but until then! Our company occasionally allows some of us to use their box seats, and most people turn them down just because they don't want to drive down there and watch them lose. Free is free though IMO!

Free is free but dang driving to and from and around can be such a pain.. We talked about going to see the Falcons play but haven't but when it's the VOLS, we do our bestest to be there! :good!:

So you want to lose the SEC Championship and all the other events they can host in the winter when it's potentially brutally cold?

If you want to talk about tax dollars, you just threw a bunch of them away.

Say what? They would still have the Georgia Dome... what are you talking about?

Why are Atlanta residents complaining about "taxpayer money?"

Isn't this being funded with a hotel tax? Or is that only part of it? If so, they aren't the ones paying. It's us poor TN folk that have to travel down there.

One way or the other, all of us are going to pay for the new stadium...

You didn't even read my posts right above yours? How often do you stay in a hotel in Fulton County?

There isn't a tax increase associated with this. It's using the existing tax structure already in place to pay for the GA Dome that is soon to be paid off.

It's a pipe dream to think that they would eliminate the tax now that it's no longer needed. They would just apply it to something else.

Us Woodstockians will be there too!!!

I used to live in Woodstock! 1992-97. I sat in one traffic jam too many so I moved back to Knoxville. I enjoyed Atlanta but I do not miss it one single bit! It's so great to be back in East Tennessee!! The stadium looks unbelievable. I like the Georgia Dome and I hate to see it go (are they going to tear it down? ...it's only 23 yrs old!) but this place looks unbelievable

You didn't even read my posts right above yours? How often do you stay in a hotel in Fulton County?

There isn't a tax increase associated with this. It's using the existing tax structure already in place to pay for the GA Dome that is soon to be paid off.

It's a pipe dream to think that they would eliminate the tax now that it's no longer needed. They would just apply it to something else.

Of course I read what you posted.. So far we haven't stayed in a hotel in Fulton County ... but prices in the new stadium will go up & etc.

Last edited:
I used to live in Woodstock! 1992-97. I sat in one traffic jam too many so I moved back to Knoxville. I enjoyed Atlanta but I do not miss it one single bit! It's so great to be back in East Tennessee!! The stadium looks unbelievable. I like the Georgia Dome and I hate to see it go (are they going to tear it down? ...it's only 23 yrs old!) but this place looks unbelievable

I used to work in Buckhead at Piedmont Hospital and the first thing I didn't miss was the traffic! Where abouts in Woodstock did you live? We are at Little River Marina/Grill.... I guess they figured an over the top expensive stadium would make them win.. who the heck knows...

Free is free but dang driving to and from and around can be such a pain.. We talked about going to see the Falcons play but haven't but when it's the VOLS, we do our bestest to be there! :good!:

I agree, its the traffic that gets me. We went to Disney on ice a couple of months ago at Phillips arena and I hated going 3 blocks in an hour. I'd go to watch Tennessee in this game, but have no desire for the falcons.

I agree, its the traffic that gets me. We went to Disney on ice a couple of months ago at Phillips arena and I hated going 3 blocks in an hour. I'd go to watch Tennessee in this game, but have no desire for the falcons.

Since we are such big Disney lovers, I'd thought about asking to go to Phillips for the ice show but knew the traffic would be so bad- since all the construction of the new stadium, you know the streets that are barricaded now & all. We did finally attend the Big Orange Caravan/ Tennessee fund reception at Park Tavern and getting into park was different- we'll come another way next time. Finally got to see the Margaret Mitchell house and Grady High School on 10th street.

VN Store

Back