2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic

We do not need to start the 17 season with a team like Tech! It would suck to have a high rank and expectations and lose to a team with a triple option offense and ruin the season. I'm sure the design of the new falcon stadium is Obama's fault..... everything else is!

We going to be real good by 2017. Bring them on.

Sure there is. It's called money.

Falcons will have preseason games there before the Labor Day weekend.

By that account -- could we (in '017) become the first university to ever play both the very first game of the regular season (of any sporting league) + play/win a Conf Championship game, in a brand new pro stadium, in the same season, (+ possibly a NC game/win in the same stadium, to boot), ever ?

Reactions: 1 person
By that account -- could we (in '017) become the first university to ever play both the very first game of the regular season (of any sporting league) + play/win a Conf Championship game, in a brand new pro stadium, in the same season, (+ possibly a NC game/win in the same stadium, to boot), ever ?

What do you mean by "could?" Didn't you mean we "are" going to do that?

Absolutely ridiculous for a team in the south to have a dome and that is ridiculously over kill. Wouldn't want my tax dollars to go up to build that.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm happy to see this happen. Beer....with a cup holder arm rest, a seat with a back, and a controlled environment, I'm there

Absolutely ridiculous for a team in the south to have a dome and that is ridiculously over kill. Wouldn't want my tax dollars to go up to build that.

So you want to lose the SEC Championship and all the other events they can host in the winter when it's potentially brutally cold?

If you want to talk about tax dollars, you just threw a bunch of them away.

If it wasn't wasted on this itd just get burned on something else that's stupid

I guessing you're not very good at the game Monopoly.

I dont want to play Georgia Tech until they change coaches. Ever.

In this environment, that could definitely happen.

Maybe Stanford becomes terrible in 2015/2016 and hires Paul Johnson.

Maybe GaTech goes back to how they were under Paul Johnson from 2010-2013. Those four seasons totalled 28 wins and 25 losses. This was with "HIS" players, too, since Paul Johnson was hired after the 2007 season.

Who knows?

I like the idea of playing in that brand new building (and so will recruits!), against a long-time former rival from the old days.

Tennessee vs Georgia Tech 1869-2014

Last edited:
I heard that.. wow those prices are astronomical.. Saw several season ticket holders interviewed- had no problem saying they'd probably not be renewing..

I think if the team was better it wouldn't be such a problem, but until then! Our company occasionally allows some of us to use their box seats, and most people turn them down just because they don't want to drive down there and watch them lose. Free is free though IMO!

VN Store

Back