2016 SEC MLB Draft Thread

Just re-checked the NCAA web site. I had the date wrong. It's August 1, not August 16. Not sure how the anniversary of Elvis's death took over my memory on that point.

But anyway, this is the year when non-qualifiers have to qualify to be academic red shirts in order to practice. A student who reports a 2.3 GPA to PG almost certainly has no higher than that in the core courses the NCAA cares about.

Play Division I sports | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

Just re-checked the NCAA web site. I had the date wrong. It's August 1, not August 16. Not sure how the anniversary of Elvis's death took over my memory on that point.

But anyway, this is the year when non-qualifiers have to qualify to be academic red shirts in order to practice. A student who reports a 2.3 GPA to PG almost certainly has no higher than that in the core courses the NCAA cares about.

Play Division I sports | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

So, basically he's not going to be eligible for next season?

MLB Draft Begins tonight at 7 PM EST. Coverage begins with the Draft preview show on MLB Network and MLB.com (Live Video Stream) at 6 p.m. ET. Live Draft coverage from MLB Network's Studio 42 begins at 7 p.m., with the top 77 picks broadcast on MLB Network and streamed on MLB.com.

Nick Senzel hopefully joins a small group of former Vols taken in the first 10 Picks of the MLB Draft.

1971 Phil Garner #3 in the first round.
1971 Sam Ewing #5 (was also picked at #5 in the 1970 Draft)
1971 Steven Rains #7
1995 Todd Helton #8
1984 Alan Cockrell #9
2001 Chris Burke #10

MLB Amateur Draft Picks who came from "University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN)" | Baseball-Reference.com

Austin Jay Simcox ‏@AJSimcox 2h2 hours ago
Good luck to my brothers over the next couple of days #MLBDraft

Christin Stewart ‏@christin_stew 52m52 minutes ago
The opportunity I got to chase my dream will be given to some of my best friends this week, and I'm beyond pumped for them, love y'all!

Drake Owenby ‏@Dddrrraaaakkeee 1h1 hour ago
Good luck to all my boys in this years MLB draft! I hope your dream comes true and your name gets called!!

Good Luck Nick and all the other eligible Volunteers!

GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
A few predictions

NS becomes the highest drafted vol ever at #2

Jackson goes 6-10 but would be better off being outside of the top 10 where he would get more $

Martin goes 15-20

Cox 20-25

Rodgers goes Undrafted

A few predictions

Jackson goes 6-10 but would be better off being outside of the top 10 where he would get more $

Martin goes 15-20

Cox 20-25

Rodgers goes Undrafted

Pretty good predictions......I'll add one, Kyle gets drafted and elects to turn pro.

Pretty good predictions......I'll add one, Kyle gets drafted and elects to turn pro.

Yes I forgot him

He's very hard to say. If he goes top 10 he is gone Because an org has reason to believe he will sign

I am going to go out on a limb and say he stays even though I think he shouldn't

My prediction.

Senzel goes 6th, no later than 9th. (wild card would be if he is willing to take a slight below slot hometown discount for Braves).

Jackson goes in 6-10, in the "senior slots".

Cox 20-30

Rodgers all depends on signability. If he is ready to go and willing to sign then he goes somewhere after round 16.

I think Serrano goes pro. Someone willing to take a chance with upside. Signs for around $300,000.

A few predictions

Martin goes 15-20

Cox 20-25

Rodgers goes Undrafted

I hope you mean "rounds" & not overall from the bold above? You didn't specify but the way you put it about Jackson it looks like you're saying he's a top 10 pick overall. Thanks!

Dave Serrano
@DaveSerranoUT: Good luck to all of our current and future players in this years @MLBDraft. What an exciting day when your name is called. #schoolfirst

Scout's final mock draft has Senzel at 6. Linginfelter wasn't in the 106 picks.

If puk goes 1 then NS is going 2 I feel certainly

If puk doesn't go he goes 2 and NS may fall to 6

The first pick is huge

Also this a bad draft to have borderline signees with the draft

Most if not all of the top picks are going to cut $ saving deals so teams can over spend on those HS guys drafted later

Let's get this party started! MLB network coverage has begun. They're interviewing several of the top kids.

A few predictions

Martin goes 15-20

Cox 20-25

Rodgers goes Undrafted

Wasn't Luke Hochevar the #1 in 2006?

Somebody on the MLB panel just picked Nick as the player in this draft to make it to the majors first.

Reactions: 1 person
keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 2m2 minutes ago
Moniak 1 would likely mean Senzel 2, Ian Anderson 3, Puk 4. ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports
3 retweets 5 likes
Reply Retweet 3
Like 5
More
keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 5m5 minutes ago
Confirmed that the Phillies are taking Moniak.

VN Store

Back