2016 Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit that one on the head. Whether Republicans like it or not they need to get behind someone who is relatable with middle to lower middle class swing voters. Adopt some change or whither away.

I will no longer vote for a RINO. I'm already planning to vote 3rd party since a RINO will probably be nominated.

True. Social issues like abortion, gay marriage..that sh!t needs to be dropped. Worry about our countries economy and safety and ways to improve them, two things that impact almost everyone. If your policy's are aimed at getting more money into peoples hands they will vote for you.

I hope all the conservatives in the GOP vote by voting 3rd Party or staying home in 2016. It would teach the GOP a hell of a lesson.

True. Social issues like abortion, gay marriage..that sh!t needs to be dropped. Worry about our countries economy and safety and ways to improve them, two things that impact almost everyone. If your policy's are aimed at getting more money into peoples hands they will vote for you.

The first official GOP candidate does not agree.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm the opposite. Pretty sure every politician is going to spend a ton of money. Might as well vote for the social issues important to you.

I'm the opposite. Pretty sure every politician is going to spend a ton of money. Might as well vote for the social issues important to you.

Voting on social issues is really quite silly IMO, people should be free to live there lives however they want (for the most part they can control that). But the common man does not control the economy and relies on the market and good government (which means little to no interference) to deliver the conditions to enable him to succeed.

Voting on social issues is really quite silly IMO, people should be free to live there lives however they want (for the most part they can control that). But the common man does not control the economy and relies on the market and good government (which means little to no interference) to deliver the conditions to enable him to succeed.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to vote that way. Just that in 2015, no politician is going to make the government smaller. (Enough to make a difference anyway.)

Agreed.. He is Romney light

See that's the problem: you guys are so conservative that you can't see that Romney would have been a GREAT president.

Pat yourselves on the back, because it will ultimately be your faction that gets another Democrat in the White House Jan 2017.

I confess to stereotyping the purity of some churches seemingly catering, not to the lost, but to the easily manipulated.

Which you still ignored the questions I posed at one point as to the veracity of your "manipulation" claims.

I can completely understand why someone who doesn't have A religious faith would share your sentiments. however as I shared with another poster in a different thread, if the Republican candidates own internal polls show social issues galvanized the base and bring people to the polls AND are a 50/50 split (or better) why would they want to drop the social issue?

Assuming the primary motivation for every politician is to get elected, one would have to believe that the issues that they campaign on are either neutral or favorable for them in the polls which reflect the electorate's attitude.

Eta? I personally have lessened my importance on social issues because I believe the financial issues are far more urgent.

Last edited:

Well as a straight white college educated male with a good job there aren't any social issues that impact. Its all about the $$

I can completely understand why someone who doesn't have A religious faith would share your sentiments. however as I shared with another poster in a different thread, if the Republican candidates own internal polls show social issues galvanized the base and bring people to the polls AND are a 50/50 split (or better) why would they want to drop the social issue?

Assuming the primary motivation for every politician is to get elected, one would have to believe that the issues that they campaign on are either neutral or favorable for them in the polls which reflect the electorate's attitude.

Eta? I personally have lessened my importance on social issues because I believe the financial issues are far more urgent.

You know, Romney didn't focus on the spiritual or moral issues and decided to go after the economic side. As well as the foreign policy (which he has been vindicated over many things) that was slipping rapidly.

Didn't really work out for him.

Gay marriage and abortion shouldnt even be an issue. Republicans would come out ahead more often than not if those social issues were left where they belong, to the freewill of the people. Campaigning against those is like the modern puritan witch hunt. I think Cruz said he is against those things but leaves it up to the states to decide by voting. I can get behind that (no homo). Abortions..gay marriage, hell I don't even know anyone who has done either and I doubt most opponents of it probably haven't as well.

But ya know..if someone gets gay married or has an abortion..isn't that still part of gods plan?

Reactions: 2 people
You know, Romney didn't focus on the spiritual or moral issues and decided to go after the economic side. As well as the foreign policy (which he has been vindicated over many things) that was slipping rapidly.

Well you had non charismatic business guy versus charisma driven pop culture moron..it was obvious who would win.

I'm sure that was intentional. Romney didn't want to highlight his LDS faith and so he avoided talking religion. He wanted to portray himself as the savior on the economy, but his rhetoric betrayed any notion that he'd be a populist, and reinforced the fact that he really was an elitist.

I'm sure that was intentional. Romney didn't want to highlight his LDS faith and so he avoided talking religion. He wanted to portray himself as the savior on the economy, but his rhetoric betrayed any notion that he'd be a populist, and reinforced the fact that he really was an elitist.

Mormonism is a little bit.."out there".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back