2016 Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly looking for someone who has not spent their entire life in government in some capacity. If they have, it would be nice if it were at an executive role rather than a member of Congress who holds little responsibility other than vote the way their whip tells them and attending some fundraisers and lunches with lobbyists.

Military experience is preferable. We're in a gap of many with this experience. But it is nice to know that someone can relate to being away from family and in a combat role with their life on the line. Hopefully, they are a little less eager to send people off to war without fully understanding the ramifications.

Mainly looking for someone who has not spent their entire life in government in some capacity. If they have, it would be nice if it were at an executive role rather than a member of Congress who holds little responsibility other than vote the way their whip tells them and attending some fundraisers and lunches with lobbyists.

Military experience is preferable. We're in a gap of many with this experience. But it is nice to know that someone can relate to being away from family and in a combat role with their life on the line. Hopefully, they are a little less eager to send people off to war without fully understanding the ramifications.

Agree with a lot of that.

Finding non career types that have a fighting chance will hard to pull off.

Reactions: 1 person
Hope Rand Paul wins (many will be surprised but my political views have shifted drastically over past month).

How does it look,will it be a hung Parliament? I hear it's too close to call

Looks like it will be a hung Parliament. I'd expect the Conservatives to get the most MPs and biggest share of the vote. Labour will be dented severely by the SNP in Scotland (Who could take many of the Scottish seats). Liberal Democrats have very little support right now but if they win enough seats I think they may get a coalition with the Conservatives again. I'd also expect UKIP to win 5-10 seats.

Preference is someone with private sector and/or military experience. That's asking a lot. From there it would be executive experience. That talent pool is the size of a bucket. It may be another year of settling or just skipping that line on the ballot.

Vote for me.

I promise to send you all over the world taking down governments. And I promise to make you regent of someplace like the Cayman Islands or someplace equally as nice.

Obama has ruined the country for several generations... The dems should not win the WH for a long time... Should not even be close

Reactions: 4 people
Which shows how stupid and freeloaders our country has become

Or how lousy Republican candidates are for allowing the trend?

Since '92:

George HW Bush 1992
Bob Dole 1996
George W Bush 2000 2004
John McCain 2008
Mitt Romney 2012

Is this top notch talent here? All the way through?

Reactions: 3 people

Since '92:

George HW Bush 1992
Bob Dole 1996
George W Bush 2000 2004
John McCain 2008
Mitt Romney 2012

Perot elected Clinton
McCain and Romney were terrible

Back in 2008, I liked Mike Huckabee. But the next thing I knew John McCain was the front runner for President. We didn't have a choice to vote any other way & to beat Obola as far as I was concerned. I guess I could've wrote Huckabee's name in on the ballot but what good was that going to do?

Back in 2008, I liked Mike Huckabee. But the next thing I knew John McCain was the front runner for President. We didn't have a choice to vote any other way & to beat Obola as far as I was concerned. I guess I could've wrote Huckabee's name in on the ballot but what good was that going to do?

the media will label Huckabee as too reglious anti abortion nut job.. They will destroy him early...

It will be Clinton- Bush...

Since '92:

George HW Bush 1992
Bob Dole 1996
George W Bush 2000 2004
John McCain 2008
Mitt Romney 2012

You hit that one on the head. Whether Republicans like it or not they need to get behind someone who is relatable with middle to lower middle class swing voters. Adopt some change or whither away.

You hit that one on the head. Whether Republicans like it or not they need to get behind someone who is relatable with middle to lower middle class swing voters. Adopt some change or whither away.

True. Social issues like abortion, gay marriage..that sh!t needs to be dropped. Worry about our countries economy and safety and ways to improve them, two things that impact almost everyone. If your policy's are aimed at getting more money into peoples hands they will vote for you.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back