2016 draft, early predictions

2016 mock drafts are coming out today with the 2015 draft wrapping up. And guess what? Marquez North is a 1st round pick according to them. 2016 NFL Mock Draft: Predictions for Next Year's Top Prospects | Bleacher Report ---- WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

Now this doesn't guarantee anything but the facts are facts. And right now he's getting hype as a potential 1st round pick in 2016. I think North and Cam are gone after this season. Cam will be a top 15 pick and North will be taken in the 20-30 range. Both will be stellar pros. Cam has Darrelle Revis type potential (yes I know thats high praise). And I see Marquez as a Dez Bryant/Demaryious Thomas type player at the next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
2016 mock drafts are coming out today with the 2015 draft wrapping up. And guess what? Marquez North is a 1st round pick according to them. 2016 NFL Mock Draft: Predictions for Next Year's Top Prospects | Bleacher Report ---- WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

Now this doesn't guarantee anything but the facts are facts. And right now he's getting hype as a potential 1st round pick in 2016. I think North and Cam are gone after this season. Cam will be a top 15 pick and North will be taken in the 20-30 range. Both will be stellar pros. Cam has Darrelle Revis type potential (yes I know thats high praise). And I see Marquez as a Dez Bryant/Demaryious Thomas type player at the next level.

I think he needs to stay healthy too. That's a big part of it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know why you guys think collegiate production and NFL draft position go hand in hand. NFL teams draft based on PROJECTIONS not PRODUCTION. Its about how will the player do in the NFL vs. how he did in college. And players with FREAKISH physical attributes always get drafted higher than those with less freakish attributes but better production. Look no further than this years draft. Dorial Green-Beckham got drafted 40th overall by the Titans eventhough he didn't play all of last season after getting kicked out of the Missouri football team and has serious character concerns going forward. He was drafted at the top of the second round because he's 6'5" 237 lbs. and runs a 4.49 in the 40. PERIOD. Freakish attributes = you get drafted VERY HIGH.

And whether you like it or not, Marquez is going to be a mid-to-late 1st round pick next year NO MATTER WHAT because he has FREAKISH physical attributes. He's 6'4" 224 lbs. Runs fast (high 4.4, low 4.5 range). Can jump high. And has hands the size of baseball mitts that have allowed him to make a number of spectacular receptions so far in his career. Guys with his PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES get drafted high. PERIOD.

Next years WRs are not as impressive as the last 2 years, so that should also bump him up some. Duke Williams (Auburn) and Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss) are currently projected as the top 2 receivers in the 2016 draft. Marquez has as good a chance as anyone to be the 3rd receiver off the board.

DGB went #40 BECAUSE he didn't play last year. A lot of the talking heads said that if he would have been allowed to play at Oklahoma, he would have been the #1 WR in the draft and a top 5 pick......so yes, production is important.

Dobbs goes #1 after his brilliant junior season that resulted in a heisman trophy and national championship for a vols team that came out of nowhere.

Anyone think jackson, crowder, kerbyson or owen williams get drafted? I think with a solid year kerbyson is maybe a 3rd day guy and possibly jackson too. I think all 4 will get undrafted contracts if not though. And what about mcneil? I think hes too slow for safety and too small for linebacker at the next level

Jackson with a decent year maybe 6th or 7th round.

DGB went #40 BECAUSE he didn't play last year. A lot of the talking heads said that if he would have been allowed to play at Oklahoma, he would have been the #1 WR in the draft and a top 5 pick......so yes, production is important.

His baggage cost him, he would have been the first or second receiver to go if he had not had a trouble past.

I think Jackson has a good chance of being drafted (5-7th round). I agree Cam goes in 1st round and Maggitt mid to late rounds (provided he stays healthy of course). Randolph maybe late rounds but I think Pig will have to go NDFA because of his size. Also think McNeil will be given a shot to make team as a FA.

North is a first round talent IMHO. I think he will stay through his senior year but he does not need a monster year to go high in the draft. I think NFL teams will look at his size and athletic ability more than stats. Of course, I hope he has 2 monster years.

DGB's problem wasn't production. IT WAS CHARACTER. The guy got kicked outta Missouri for throwing his girlfriend down the stairs. With all the extra scrutiny towards domestic violence following the Ray Rice saga, the fact he got drafted in the 2nd round is nothing short of a miracle.

DGB's problem was he had small hands, short arms, not a great vertical (33"), and most importantly character.

If North doesn't put up great numbers, I think he'll be projected 2nd round but after a great combine/pro day, I see him sneaking in the first.

Your link didn't show Cam at all in the 1st round? While Volnation loves Cam, to date he hasn't gotten that same love elsewhere. Unless others without orange glasses start singing his praises, it's hard to imagine him leaving early for a first round selection? No knock against Cam, I'm a big fan.

This is pretty depressing to watch.... no vols and not a great shot remaining honestly. So lets think positively and try and predict next years draftees. We should have a lot more luck and i see several opportunities for early picks.i know they have a whole year yet to play but its the offseason so why not?

-Cam Sutton- late first round

-Curt Maggit- i think his athleticism is underrated and i think he will put up great combine numbers following another double digit sack year. Early sexond round

-Marquez North- I dont think he will have huge numbers because of how many options we have available bit his size, intangibles and a strong combine push him to 2nd/3rd round

-brian randolph- goodsize, smart, reliable and a great run stopper. Not super athletic but would be great in a steelers type D. He has a whole career of solid tape and great play. 4th round

Pig howard- undersized but tough and versatile. 5th/6th round

Pearson- if innocent anywhere from 3-5. If guilty sitting at home with AJ.

Anyone im missing?

Danny O'Brian 4th round. Underrated IMO.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

This is pretty depressing to watch.... no vols and not a great shot remaining honestly. So lets think positively and try and predict next years draftees. We should have a lot more luck and i see several opportunities for early picks.i know they have a whole year yet to play but its the offseason so why not?

-Cam Sutton- late first round

-Curt Maggit- i think his athleticism is underrated and i think he will put up great combine numbers following another double digit sack year. Early sexond round

-Marquez North- I dont think he will have huge numbers because of how many options we have available bit his size, intangibles and a strong combine push him to 2nd/3rd round

-brian randolph- goodsize, smart, reliable and a great run stopper. Not super athletic but would be great in a steelers type D. He has a whole career of solid tape and great play. 4th round

Pig howard- undersized but tough and versatile. 5th/6th round

Pearson- if innocent anywhere from 3-5. If guilty sitting at home with AJ.

Anyone im missing?

I dont see any. Which part do you disagree with exactly?

Sutton may be a first rounder, but that remains to be seen. One great play in the spring game doesn't get him there.

Maggit. I love him, but a late rounder at best.

North. Needs to show speed and quickness that translates to getting open consistently. Certainly has the body. Jury is out on him.

Randolph. See Justin Coleman. Will be lucky to get drafted.

Howard. UFA most likely. Will be lucky to get drafted.

Pearson. Jury is out on him too. You can't make any determinations based on his injury-riddled first season.

Your link didn't show Cam at all in the 1st round? While Volnation loves Cam, to date he hasn't gotten that same love elsewhere. Unless others without orange glasses start singing his praises, it's hard to imagine him leaving early for a first round selection? No knock against Cam, I'm a big fan.

Actually the one mock draft by Charlie Campbell has Cam going 9th overall to the Redskins.

Every SEC Football Team's Top 2016 NFL Draft Prospect | Bleacher Report

Not sure if I did the link correctly. I know it's Bleacher Report, but this came out yesterday.

Charlie who?

I've never heard of him either. But apparently he writes about the draft for a living. Doesn't necessarily mean he knows what he's talking about, but I'm sure he's noticed that Cam has done way more over the last two years than make "one great play in the spring game".

Sutton may be a first rounder, but that remains to be seen. One great play in the spring game doesn't get him there.

Maggit. I love him, but a late rounder at best.

North. Needs to show speed and quickness that translates to getting open consistently. Certainly has the body. Jury is out on him.

Randolph. See Justin Coleman. Will be lucky to get drafted.

Howard. UFA most likely. Will be lucky to get drafted.

Pearson. Jury is out on him too. You can't make any determinations based on his injury-riddled first season.

We're pretty far apart on maggit, just personal opinion. I think he has excellent closing speed, is a high character guy, has great instincts and is getting better and better. He had 8 sacks the last 6 games after he knocked the rust off. He will have 12-15 sacks this year barring injury. I think his production and athleticism will be enough for a big jump. On howard i can agree. He will most likely fall out, but i see his absolute ceiling in 5-6 with a great year and combine mainly because hes versatile. On randolph i think his 4 years of production, leadership, size and intelligence at the position drive him to 4-5. Agree on north and coleman needing more proof but like i said they have a year left and im banking on that proof coming.

We're pretty far apart on maggit, just personal opinion. I think he has excellent closing speed, is a high character guy, has great instincts and is getting better and better. He had 8 sacks the last 6 games after he knocked the rust off. He will have 12-15 sacks this year barring injury. I think his production and athleticism will be enough for a big jump. On howard i can agree. He will most likely fall out, but i see his absolute ceiling in 5-6 with a great year and combine mainly because hes versatile. On randolph i think his 4 years of production, leadership, size and intelligence at the position drive him to 4-5. Agree on north and coleman needing more proof but like i said they have a year left and im banking on that proof coming.

I hope you are right and they all over perform this year and greatly improve their draft stock. Can only mean good things.

Plus, I root for all of the guys in this program and want them to be successful in whatever they do in life.

I hope you are right and they all over perform this year and greatly improve their draft stock. Can only mean good things.

Plus, I root for all of the guys in this program and want them to be successful in whatever they do in life.

At least we can agree on that. And its really fun being able to point to guys with potential on our team for draft day. The years after 16 though will be phenomenal. Wolfe, hurd, kamara, tkjr, berry etc. Cant wait to see orange all day at the draft!

VN Store

Back