2015 NBA Pre-Draft Thread

If Love/Irving don't get hurt they win the title.

Either way, Love is gone. He just potentially cost himself $25M by opting out which means he really wants out of Cleveland.

He didn't cost himself a thing. He might want out, but this move is unrelated to that.

Last edited:
Why? Does he get a $1M bump for re-signing (like Lebron did)? Do they even want him back at that price?

I wouldn't. If you aren't going to give him 17 shots a night, why pay him max?

In this case, yes, he could make more money this season than he would have if he picked up the option. But it's a good decision even independent of that. When you can have the option of signing a contract of any length you want with any team you want, why would you turn it down? What if LeBron tears his ACL working out tomorrow and Cleveland becomes a very different team?

It doesn't make sense to lock yourself in period, and especially not for less money. The only reason to ever opt in is if the option is worth more than you'd currently get on the open market. Roy Hibbert with a $16 million option should probably opt in. Love, who can get a max from a number of teams, shouldn't consider it.

He didn't cost himself a thing. He might want out, but this move is unrelated to that.

With the cap going up by $20M next year, he's losing out on a significant amount of money by signing a new contract this year instead of next.

BTW, some economist used the wins produced model and salaries to determine actual market value for players based on their production and LeBron was like $40M. (or so)

Haha. Fixed. Also lowered the amount. I can't remember the exact number. It's crazy high but 46 seems too high

In this case, yes, he could make more money this season than he would have if he picked up the option. But it's a good decision even independent of that. When you can have the option of signing a contract of any length you want with any team you want, why would you turn it down? What if LeBron tears his ACL working out tomorrow and Cleveland becomes a very different team?

It doesn't make sense to lock yourself in period, and especially not for less money. The only reason to ever opt in is if the option is worth more than you'd currently get on the open market. Roy Hibbert with a $16 million option should probably opt in. Love, who can get a max from a number of teams, shouldn't consider it.

Impossible for Lebron to tear ACL. Everything in his body is made of highly advanced materials unknown to the public

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody wants to play in Philly, apparently. Greenie was reporting several picks asked not to be drafted

Philly will probably trade the draft pick or one of their young guys for another batch of picks or rookies extending the rebuild to 2025. Or maybe they'll finally start making moves for personal, not just overall value, and really try to get ready for the next few seasons. I remember a couple years ago everyone said they were a couple years away. Now it's the same thing.

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow
6. Cauley-Stein
7. Stanley Johnson
8. Porzingis
9. Booker
10. Turner
11. Lyles
12. Payne
13. Oubre
14. Dekker

Philly will probably trade the draft pick or one of their young guys for another batch of picks or rookies extending the rebuild to 2025. Or maybe they'll finally start making moves for personal, not just overall value, and really try to get ready for the next few seasons. I remember a couple years ago everyone said they were a couple years away. Now it's the same thing.

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow
6. Cauley-Stein
7. Stanley Johnson
8. Porzingis
9. Booker
10. Turner
11. Lyles
12. Payne
13. Oubre
14. Dekker

I love what Hinkie is doing and feel we will be competing at a high level soon.

I love what Hinkie is doing and feel we will be competing at a high level soon.

Yeah, I don't think he's made any terrible moves, but if I was a 76ers fan it would be so hard to be watching the team the last few years and probably the next one, maybe two. I give him credit for trading players away that showed potential. They have 5 or 6 picks tonight and lot of talent in this draft to get.

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow
6. Cauley-Stein
7. Stanley Johnson
8. Porzingis
9. Booker
10. Turner
11. Lyles
12. Payne
13. Oubre
14. Dekker

Agree with the top 6, WCS is underrated but Hezonja should be somewhere in there. The Kings really like him. Kaminsky will probably go to Charlotte too

Yeah, I don't think he's made any terrible moves, but if I was a 76ers fan it would be so hard to be watching the team the last few years and probably the next one, maybe two. I give him credit for trading players away that showed potential. They have 5 or 6 picks tonight and lot of talent in this draft to get.

I have been a Sixers fan all my life(unfortunately).....I enjoy watching Hinkie work bc you can tell he has a definite plan and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. He has shown a good eye for talent and hasn't made a definite mistake in judgement that I have seen yet.

For years, I watched us make ridiculous moves over paying marginal players and striving to finish between 5-8 place in the east. We wasted Barkley and Iverson by putting marginal players around them. Im very happy so far with what Hinkie is doing.

VN Store

Back