2015 Class

Noticed that Gentry seems to be a popular prospect for the QB position. What are your thoughts on maybe Stidham or Gibson? Those are both dual threat QB's that would fit Butch's system perfectly. I just did some research on them and cam away very impressed. Both have great offer lists.

edit: Just looked at Zach Gentry's profile. Came away very impressed with him too, but the only thing is that he's a pro-style QB while the 2 mentioned above are dual-threat QB's.

Last edited:
Noticed that Gentry seems to be a popular prospect for the QB position. What are your thoughts on maybe Stidham or Gibson? Those are both dual threat QB's that would fit Butch's system perfectly. I just did some research on them and cam away very impressed. Both have great offer lists.

I think both are fantastic prospects that aren't coming to Tennessee.

Stidham will be in Texas somewhere imo and Gibson isn't realistic for us.

What are your thoughts on Gentry?

I actually stumbled upon his profile by accident before we offered and brought his name up here. Then we offered, so maybe I'm good luck.

I loved his highlights. Very quick for his size, moves very very well without losing accuracy. Can sling it from anywhere at anytime. Runs a similar offense in high school to what we run. Perfect fit for this offense.

I think both are fantastic prospects that aren't coming to Tennessee.

Stidham will be in Texas somewhere imo and Gibson isn't realistic for us.

I agree.

Stidham looks to be texas tech or Baylor.

Gibson IMO is toying with Vol fans via twitter and having fun with it.

Gentry to me looks like the most realistic option right now.

I actually stumbled upon his profile by accident before we offered and brought his name up here. Then we offered, so maybe I'm good luck.

I loved his highlights. Very quick for his size, moves very very well without losing accuracy. Can sling it from anywhere at anytime. Runs a similar offense in high school to what we run. Perfect fit for this offense.

I'd be good with him. Guess it doesn't matter what kind of QB he's listed as in HS as long as he can run CBJ's style of offense. You mentioned his size, that's actually the first thing I noticed when looking at his profile. A really tall QB has the advantage of being able to see the field really well. UT has a history of signing tall QB's.

I think we take 2 QB's in 2015 - we lose Worley - wouldnt shock me to see one of the others xfer out - if not we would take 1 - if so i think staff wants to keep 4 QB's on the roster - just kinda depends on how that all shakes out this spring/fall but i say its pretty likely we end up taking 2 QB's

Since we won't be taking as many next year, in order for us to land a top 5 recruiting class we will have to land a couple elite 5 stars. And land several 4 stars. I think it's very possible we could land a top 5 class. Cause Preston Williams will likely be a 5* and Andrew butcher may end up as a 5* I definitely think we are in on some elite players but we must win more games and show improvement to convince some big fish to jump on board.

Since we won't be taking as many next year, in order for us to land a top 5 recruiting class we will have to land a couple elite 5 stars. And land several 4 stars. I think it's very possible we could land a top 5 class. Cause Preston Williams will likely be a 5* and Andrew butcher may end up as a 5* I definitely think we are in on some elite players but we must win more games and show improvement to convince some big fish to jump on board.

I don't care how many stars they give Butcher...cuz opposing QBs and RBs will be seeing LOTS of them. :aggressive:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Oh I agree he is a baller, I'm just saying in order to land a top 5 class we will have to land elite guys and our commits get promoted.

Why is everyone thinking we will talk 4 DL and 3-4 LB.

On DL we have 19 guys with only two set to graduate after next season. That would give us 21 DL, really???

We have 10 LB's as well and AJ is the only senior set to graduate. I say we sign 3 max.

Why not? He's an instate kid that the staff offered and took a commitment from early. Be it at CB or in the Slot, I think the kid can be a player.

Hmmm... I'm not going to say I have a "feeling," but the numbers are obviously limited as you were eluding too earlier. I feel as if we have to much talent that will want to join. Nothing on Woods tells me he is "elite," and I've seen a couple times where some have said he needs to mature, or he will force himself out of this class. Personally, I have zero idea if that is true, but I guess it's worth being noted

Hmmm... I'm not going to say I have a "feeling," but the numbers are obviously limited as you were eluding too earlier. I feel as if we have to much talent that will want to join. Nothing on Woods tells me he is "elite," and I've seen a couple times where some have said he needs to mature, or he will force himself out of this class. Personally, I have zero idea if that is true, but I guess it's worth being noted

Moseley, Dews, and kids like that make me think the staff will keep Woods as part of this class unless he does something stupid. Those guys would not have been labeled "elite" but the staff saw something they liked and they took them. The early offer and accepting the commitment leads me to think the staff really likes the kid. Woods being instate IMO would make it even more difficult to drop him for this staff.

My prediction:

Qb- Gentry

Rb- Swinney, Love

Wr- Williams, Jefferson

Te- Clark

OL- Jackson(better here than DE), Stewart, Jones, Richmond, Clark

De- Phillips, Butcher, Roseboro

Dt- McKenzie, Sterling Johnson

Lb- Cherry, DeBerry, Roquan Smith

CB- Taylor, Amadi, Ordaway

S- Jauan Jennings

This is my prediction. Would be an incredibly solid class. As always, there will be more names pop up, but here are some other names that are likely candidates as well:

Qbs:
Torrance Gibson
Drew Lock
Lorenzo Nunez

Rbs:
Damien Harris
Gibson
Frazier

WRS:
Jay Woods
Calvin Ridley
Brian Cole (also as a DB)
George Campbell
Alex Ofodile

Tes:
Garrett Williams
Hale Hentges
Will Bragg
Jackson Harris

OL:
Chuma Odoga
Jake Fruhmorgen

DL:
Tim Settle
Shy Tuttle
D'Andre Walker
Josh Alabi
Jacob Daniel
Trenton Thompson

Lb:
Anderson
Jerome Baker
Josh Smith
Brandt Mitchell
Quarter Sapp
Josh McMillion

Db:
Rico McGraw
Mark Fields
Duke Shelley

ATH:
Jaason Lewis

Obviously more names will pop up, but I think most the names listed will impact out class in some form or fashion

Last edited:
Moseley, Dews, and kids like that make me think the staff will keep Woods as part of this class unless he does something stupid. Those guys would not have been labeled "elite" but the staff saw something they liked and they took them. The early offer and accepting the commitment leads me to think the staff really likes the kid. Woods being instate IMO would make it even more difficult to drop him for this staff.

Definitely a fair point

3rd year in a row doing this...

This time next year, Butch Jones will be introducing the following players as Vol signees, a potential top 5 class:

Already committed -
Jaylond Woods, 3*
Jack Jones, 3*
Zach Stewart, 3*
Preston Williams, 4*
Andrew Butcher, 3*
Cecil Cherry, 4*
Dylan Jackson, 3*

Predicted Future Commits:
Drew Lock, QB, 4*
Zach Gentry, QB, 4*
Eric Swinney, RB, 4*
Jackson Harris, TE, 4*
Van Jefferson, WR, 4*
CJ Sanders, WR, 3*
Drew Richmond, OL, 4*
Jake Fruhmorgen, OL, 4*
Patrick Allen, OL, 4*
Kyle Phillips, DE, 4*
Shy Tuttle, DT, 5*
Khalil McKenzie, DT, 4*
Brant Mitchell, LB, 3*
Mark Fields, CB, 4*
Rico McGraw, CB, 4*
Jaason Lewis, ATH, 5*
Jauan Jennings, ATH, 4*

I think we flip McGraw on signing day. Tuttle and Allen announce on signing day. We just miss out on top DT Trent Thompson and WR George Campbell.

Is this top 5?

So besides the ones that weren't committed, we've gained KMac, Tuttle, and Jennings. We could still end up with Phillips and possibly Allen. Anyone think we grab Fields?

3rd year in a row doing this...

This time next year, Butch Jones will be introducing the following players as Vol signees, a potential top 5 class:

Already committed -
Jaylond Woods, 3*
Jack Jones, 3*
Zach Stewart, 3*
Preston Williams, 4*
Andrew Butcher, 3*

Cecil Cherry, 4*
Dylan Jackson, 3*

Predicted Future Commits:
Drew Lock, QB, 4*
Zach Gentry, QB, 4*
Eric Swinney, RB, 4*
Jackson Harris, TE, 4*
Van Jefferson, WR, 4*
CJ Sanders, WR, 3*
Drew Richmond, OL, 4*
Jake Fruhmorgen, OL, 4*
Patrick Allen, OL, 4*
Kyle Phillips, DE, 4*
Shy Tuttle, DT, 5*
Khalil McKenzie, DT, 4*

Brant Mitchell, LB, 3*
Mark Fields, CB, 4*
Rico McGraw, CB, 4*
Jaason Lewis, ATH, 5*
Jauan Jennings, ATH, 4*

I think we flip McGraw on signing day. Tuttle and Allen announce on signing day. We just miss out on top DT Trent Thompson and WR George Campbell.

Is this top 5?

So now that it looks like we put the finishing touches on this class, here's how my guesses ended up. 9 correct thanks to Richmond. Third year in a row doing this, I'll do another for 2016 sometime soon.

VN Store

Back