2015 Class

Not very realistic, IMO.

I agree. I see maybe 8 kids on there I seriously doubt we see in Orange. The QB situation I cant imagine plays out like that.

Lock OR Gentry, Yes. If the talk that Jennings will only go where he plays QB is true, it tells me he will not be a Vol.

I think we'll see 25 signed in the 2015 class, which will leave only a hand full (8-10) on the roster not signed by Butch.

QB (2)- Gentry & Jennings (they'll give him a shot at QB, IMO) Guessing Peterman transfers out after this season, and they get back to signing 1 QB per cycle starting in 2016.

RB (1 or 2 depending on how things shake out this year) - Swinney

WR (3) - Williams, Jefferson, McCleskey (slot) Sanders ends up at OSU

TE/HB (2) - Tucker, Lewis

OL (4) - Jones, Stewart, Richmond, Dylan Jackson

DE (3) - Butcher, Phillips, Roseboro

DT (2) - McKenzie, Tuttle

LB (4) - Cherry, DeBerry, Mitchell, Dews

DB (4) - Woods, Amadi, Fields, Ordway

Last edited:
I say our breakdown may be as follows...

QB- 1
RB- 1
WR/RB/ATH- 1
WR-2
TE- 2
OL- 4
DL-4
LB-3
DB- 4

That Gives us 22 total. If numbers become an issue I can see us taking 1 less OL and 1 less TE or RB.

It will be hard to sell some positions next year simply because of the depth that this class gives us. Our back 7 in our defense is really the only positions where we could tell kids that they could potentially be in the 2 deep from the get go for next year.

Out of the ones already committed how many of these do you think sticks with UT on NSD next year?

Jaylond Woods, 3*
Jack Jones, 3*
Zach Stewart, 3*
Preston Williams, 4*
Andrew Butcher, 3*
Cecil Cherry, 4*
Dylan Jackson, 3*

Realistically, which prospects in the OP's list do you think we have a chance of getting? And who are the long shots? I'm only familiar with the ones that are committed plus several others.

Here's are the ones that I think we have a great shot of getting:
Jaason Lewis
Ricky DeBerry
Kahlil McKenzie
Drew Richmond
Eric Swinney
Jauan Jennings
Brant Mitchell

:twocents:

Reactions: 1 person
Just for fun...

QB - Zach Gentry

RB - Eric Swinney
RB - Nick Gibson

WR - Preston Williams
WR - Van Jefferson
WR - CJ Sanders

TE - Chris Clark

OL - Jack Jones
OL - Zach Stewart
OL - Drew Richmond
OL - Austin Clark

DL - Andrew Butcher
DL - Dylan Jackson
DL - Dorian Roseboro
DL - Kyle Phillips
DL - Sterling Johnson
DL - Kahlil McKenzie

LB - Cecil Cherry
LB - Ricky Deberry
LB - Brant Mitchell

DB - Ugo Amadi
DB - Garrett Taylor
DB - Stephen Griffin
DB - Cameron Ordway

ATH - Jaason Lewis

I'm sure that won't be close to accurate this time next year but it seems possible now and would be a very nice class. GBO!

Last edited:
Out of the ones already committed how many of these do you think sticks with UT on NSD next year?

Jaylond Woods, 3*
Jack Jones, 3*
Zach Stewart, 3*
Preston Williams, 4*
Andrew Butcher, 3*
Cecil Cherry, 4*
Dylan Jackson, 3*

Realistically, which prospects in the OP's list do you think we have a chance of getting? And who are the long shots? I'm only familiar with the ones that are committed plus several others.

Here's are the ones that I think we have a great shot of getting:
Jaason Lewis
Ricky DeBerry
Kahlil McKenzie
Drew Richmond
Eric Swinney
Jauan Jennings
Brant Mitchell

:twocents:

IMO all (7) current commitments seem very VFL to me and stick.

Of the 2nd group the only 1 I don't think we get is Jennings. IF the staff can talk him into playing defense instead of QB, we could get the whole list.

IMO all (7) current commitments seem very VFL to me and stick.

Of the 2nd group the only 1 I don't think we get is Jennings. IF the staff can talk him into playing defense instead of QB, we could get the whole list.

WOW! That's good to know. Hope we start getting commits from these prospects soon. I need to do research on the others not mentioned.:)

Just for fun...

QB - Zach Gentry

RB - Eric Swinney
RB - Nick Gibson

WR - Preston Williams
WR - Van Jefferson
WR - CJ Sanders

TE - Chris Clark

OL - Jack Jones
OL - Zach Stewart
OL - Drew Richmond
OL - Austin Clark

DL - Andrew Butcher
DL - Dylan Jackson
DL - Dorian Roseboro
DL - Kyle Phillips
DL - Sterling Johnson
DL - Kahlil McKenzie

LB - Cecil Cherry
LB - Ricky Deberry
LB - Brant Mitchell

DB - Ugo Amadi
DB - Garrett Taylor
DB - Stephen Griffin
DB - Cameron Ordway

ATH - Jaason Lewis

I'm sure that won't be close to accurate this time next year but it seems possible now and would be a very nice class. GBO!

Well one can dream, Ron, because anything is possible with this staff. That being said, I don't think we will be able to take that many. As you said though, it is fun to ponder and discuss it.:)

This is the one I posted yesterday.

If I'm being realistic:

QB-Gentry
RB-Swinney
WR-Williams
WR-Woods
TE-Lewis
OL-Stewart
OL-Jones
OL-Richmond
OL-Clark
DT-McKenzie
DT-Howard
DE-Butcher
DE-Jackson
LB-Cherry
LB-DeBerry
LB-Mitchell
LB-Anderson
DB-Amadi
DB-Johnson
DB-Fields

JMO IF we can take 20 which means we lose (7) current players who are NOT SRs this year.

This is the one I posted yesterday.

If I'm being realistic:

QB-Gentry
RB-Swinney
WR-Williams
WR-Woods
TE-Lewis
OL-Stewart
OL-Jones
OL-Richmond
OL-Clark
DT-McKenzie
DT-Howard
DE-Butcher
DE-Jackson

LB-Cherry
LB-DeBerry
LB-Mitchell
LB-Anderson
DB-Amadi
DB-Johnson
DB-Fields

JMO IF we can take 20 which means we lose (7) current players who are NOT SRs this year.

Only 4 DL, Leb?

Sorry I couldn't resist.:p

With taking so many in 2014, I can deal with 4 for 2015.

Now if the staff kicks the 15 kids to the curb like some think they may, I may have to re-calculate. :compute:

That would be 13 combined (I think) for the '14 & 15' classes so that sounds like a good # to me. I was just kidding. You're alright, Leb.

I happen to agree with you that I don't think the staff will kick 15 to the curb because it doesn't sound logical to me. Did you or someone make a list of the SR's on the roster now? Thought I saw it somewhere can remember where though?:crazy:

That would be 13 combined (I think) for the '14 & 15' classes so that sounds like a good # to me. I was just kidding. You're alright, Leb.

I happen to agree with you that I don't think the staff will kick 15 to the curb because it doesn't sound logical to me. Did you or someone make a list of the SR's on the roster now? Thought I saw it somewhere can remember where though?:crazy:

Yeah, it's in another thread. There are 18 total listed on the roster with 5-6 not being on scholarship I THINK. Take 2 away for the 2 kids rolled forward from this class and If I'm seeing it right the current # we could take in 2015 is currently at 10-11, I just can't see the real number come NSD 2015 being more than 16-20.

Just for fun as well:

QB Gentry
RB ???
WR Williams
WR Jefferson
WR Sanders
TE Harris
OT Clark
OT Richmond
OL Jones
OL Stewart
DL Phillips
DL Butcher
DL McKenzie
DL Howard
LB Cherry
LB Mitchell
LB Anderson
LB McMillon
CB Amadi
CB McGraw
ATH Jennings
OL/DL Jackson

I think we'll have a great chance at Josh Smith, but with Emmanuel at Vanderbilt, it will be tough.

I counted 16 graduating seniors this upcoming season. So, I would think that 16 is the limit that we can sign for the 2015 class. However; we will have 2 or 3 current players that leave the program by transferring, etc.etc. It happens each season.

So that will put us at maybe 19. Then we will have Dews back next season, so that leaves us with 18 scholarships.

We already have 7 committments. So, we will have about 12 roster slots to give.

Not a big class. By the shear number of players we can sign, we likely won't be a top #10 class. If we have about 25 players to sign, then we might be able to get to a top #10 ranking.

Has been said 20-25 is the number next season. Depending on who all transfer, graduate etc.

Yeah, it's in another thread. There are 18 total listed on the roster with 5-6 not being on scholarship I THINK. Take 2 away for the 2 kids rolled forward from this class and If I'm seeing it right the current # we could take in 2015 is currently at 10-11, I just can't see the real number come NSD 2015 being more than 16-20.

Sounds about right.

anything to pay attention to for the near future? any announcements etc. coming soon?

I believe Jaason Lewis is announcing in February, and all signs point to UT or UCLA.

Darian Roseboro is announcing in March or April I believe.

Getting 2016 Dorian Banks tonight.

VN Store

Back