2014 Georgia Forward Phil Cofer

I'm just saying unless he is just a terrific talent 6'7 or 6'8 is not what we need down low to get us deep in the NCAA. Most teams I see every year in the tournament have size.

Let's take a look at the final four teams this year since you say a 6'8" PF is not gonna get you deep in the tourney...

Michigan starting PF: FR Glenn Robinson 6'6"

Louisville starting PF: SO Chane Behanan 6'6"

Wichita State starting PF: JR Cleanthony Early 6'8"

Syracuse starting PF: JR CJ Fair 6'8"

So how is it that Cofer at 6'8" as a 17 year old junior is too small to play PF for us?

He is undersized. Now if he is super talented he can make up for it. We have had plenty of post that size that can jump and none were dominate on O or D. We need someone 6'10 or taller down low to at least be a real shot blocking presence. I'm just saying unless he is just a terrific talent 6'7 or 6'8 is not what we need down low to get us deep in the NCAA. Most teams I see every year in the tournament have size. We have messed up before trying to turn SFs in to post players. People want to do that with Reese when he is clearly a SF.
He is not undersized for the four position which is where he would play. He definitely has SEC ability needs a little more weight which he will certainly gain easily.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's take a look at the final four teams this year since you say a 6'8" PF is not gonna get you deep in the tourney...

Michigan starting PF: FR Glenn Robinson 6'6"

Louisville starting PF: SO Chane Behanan 6'6"

Wichita State starting PF: JR Cleanthony Early 6'8"

Syracuse starting PF: JR CJ Fair 6'8"

So how is it that Cofer at 6'8" as a 17 year old junior is too small to play PF for us?

Add Doug smith to that list.......he was 6'6

Just heard on 990 UT is starting a website to raise money for Michael Cofer. Classy move for a classy guy. Get well Mr. Cofer. Sorry, dont have the link to attach.

Just heard on 990 UT is starting a website to raise money for Michael Cofer. Classy move for a classy guy. Get well Mr. Cofer. Sorry, dont have the link to attach.

Hope Cofer fights on!

This move could only help our chances, right?

They had to get clearance from NCAA to ensure they weren't committing a violation because his son is a recruitable athletecwith ties to, and interest in Tennessee.

They had to get clearance from NCAA to ensure they weren't committing a violation because his son is a recruitable athletecwith ties to, and interest in Tennessee.

I'm glad they made sure to get clearance first, I could see that have turning into a big deal.

glad you touched on this. i was wondering if the ncaa'hole would get a bee in their bonet, because of the ties. :hi:

VN Store

Back