2013 TN PG Darius Thompson

Darius is a point guard. Has played the point all his life. He is at his best when he is at the point. He is what we need.

It's funny that every school besides us was recruiting him as a combo guard then, and not a PG. From what I've seen and heard, he lacks the athletic ability and overall quickness to play PG on a nightly basis at a high level.

He'll be a good combo guard, but I'll be shocked if he's getting 30 minutes a night at PG.

Last edited:
He looks ok. But he does not fill our need for quickness. He looks like a good ball handler but has average quickness. I have not seen much video on him so I could be wrong. I hope I am. Here is the Video from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmNoYJ5Ug-Y

He looks better than what we have. I hope that Trevor can be a good non-scoring PG However, I am not sure how to play the last few minuets of a close game if he doesn't improve his free throw percentage. Of course, we missed two 1&1s against Vandy, but maybe Trevor will not turn the ball over as much as our current players who bring the ball up the court.

He looks better than what we have. I hope that Trevor can be a good non-scoring PG However, I am not sure how to play the last few minuets of a close game if he doesn't improve his free throw percentage. Of course, we missed two 1&1s against Vandy, but maybe Trevor will not turn the ball over as much as our current players who bring the ball up the court.

I'll assume you mean Travon?

It's funny that every school besides us was recruiting him as a combo guard then, and not a PG. From what I've seen and heard, he lacks the athletic ability and overall quickness to play PG on a nightly basis at a high level.

He'll be a good combo guard, but I'll be shocked if he's getting 30 minutes a night at PG.
You could be right. I'm biased some because I'm a Blackman fan and a Tennessee fan. I think this kid is more listed as a combo guard because he played on Nashville Team elite in the summer with Corn Elder and Corn can only play point at his size, so he played the off guard on that team some. He could definitely be a combo guard but I see him as a point guard because of his passing and leadership ability. Not saying I'm right. Just an opinion.

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247
According to Darius Thimpson's aau coach, Thompson has opened up his recruitment and is no longer committed to Vanderbilt.

Thanks!

Like I said, looks like CCM convinced him to look back at UT.

Just talked w Darius Thompson. Wants to play point guard right away and doesn't see it happening at Vanderbilt. Story on 247Sports coming.

Just talked w Darius Thompson. Wants to play point guard right away and doesn't see it happening at Vanderbilt. Story on 247Sports coming.

Interesting. In-ter-est-ing.

Certainly makes you wonder. Think Tennessee wants to upgrade at pg position.

in response to a UT fan saying can you say Tennessee.

I wouldn't mind Thompson.

I just don't know who could leave. One of the Chievous/Edwards/Reese group would be my guess.

Who would you want gone??

Honestly? I guess Edwards because, for whatever reason, CCM hasn't used him at all and he's only got one more year of eligibility left. I thought he'd be the backup 4 for Hall once Maymon went down. That hasn't happened this year. However, Edwards is going to a senior. I don't know why he would leave or where he would go.

If I had to choose between Chevious or Reese, I'd take Reese because Reese can play the 4 at 6'8 and shoot the three ball. I love Q's D, but at 6'5, I don't think he has the guard skills.

I like all three players and think all three players can be useful at UT however.

Honestly? I guess Edwards because, for whatever reason, CCM hasn't used him at all and he's only got one more year of eligibility left. I thought he'd be the backup 4 for Hall once Maymon went down. That hasn't happened this year. However, Edwards is going to a senior. I don't know why he would leave or where he would go.

If I had to choose between Chevious or Reese, I'd take Reese because Reese can play the 4 at 6'8 and shoot the three ball. I love Q's D, but at 6'5, I don't think he has the guard skills.

It would make more sense to let the guy with just one yr left go. That's a good pt. If stokes keeps getting double doubles like this does he have a chance of leaving early? If he does then we prob wouldn't have to let anyone go.

VN Store

Back