2013 Le Mans 24 Hours

He didn't say this:

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

Who did?

He didn't say this:

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

Who did?

These guys, sprint car racers, and rally drivers are the last of a dying breed in motorsport. One of the guys stopped to pop in his dislocated shoulder, and got back on his bike and finished the race. It's these types of guys that Barnaby Conrad was talking about.

And I'm sure I've had this conversation here before.

Well, Conrad is now the third person I've seen it attributed to: him, Hemingway, and Ken Purdy. Varsha said it was Hemingway on TV this morning.

2015 is in a few days

TV schedule posted in the NASCAR thread:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/motorsports/196199-weekly-nascar-thread-384.html#post11482674

Per tbwhhs:

This is all I could find it looks like most of the coverage this year will be only available on Fox Sports Go.

June 13th

Race Start: Fox Sports 2 - 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Fox Sports 1 - 6 PM - 7 PM
Fox Sports 2 - 10 PM - 11:30 PM

June 14th

Fox Sports 2 - 2:30 AM - 4:30 AM then back again from 6 AM - 8 AM
Finish: Fox Sports 1 - 8 AM - 8:30 AM

Last edited:
2015 is in a few days

TV schedule posted in the NASCAR thread:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/motorsports/196199-weekly-nascar-thread-384.html#post11482674

Per tbwhhs:

This is all I could find it looks like most of the coverage this year will be only available on Fox Sports Go.

June 13th

Race Start: Fox Sports 2 - 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Fox Sports 1 - 6 PM - 7 PM
Fox Sports 2 - 10 PM - 11:30 PM

June 14th

Fox Sports 2 - 2:30 AM - 4:30 AM then back again from 6 AM - 8 AM
Finish: Fox Sports 1 - 8 AM - 8:30 AM

First practice is today at 10am ET. I also believe RadioLeMans.com will broadcast the race in its entirety if you anyone can't find a TV stream. :hi:

Also here is the list of American drivers (18) in this year's edition:

MotorSportsTalk

I think Scuderia Corsa's #62 Ferrari is the only all American driver line up though. When I get off work I'll double check the entry list however.

The Nissan lmp1 is very slow.

Porsche dominated the first qualifying session securing the top 3 spots in LMP1.

Both of those aren't surprising, especially since the Nissan isn't running its hybrid system.

The Aston Martin art car for this year is horrible, I'm a big Aston fan but that is one of the worst liveries I have seen.

For those who haven't seen it:

artcar.jpg

Both of those aren't surprising, especially since the Nissan isn't running its hybrid system.

The Aston Martin art car for this year is horrible, I'm a big Aston fan but that is one of the worst liveries I have seen.

artcar.jpg

I'm sorry, I love it. I can't wait to watch that finish behind the corvettes!

artcar.jpg

Do they have a contract with Nike?

artcar.jpg

God that is hideous :p

Anyways IMSA, FIA, and the ACO are working on making the LMP2 & GTE classes more standardized and cost efficient to allow teams to run the same car across different series. Also the field for Le Mans will also increase to 58 next year and 60 in 2017.

ACO announces technical plans for LM P2 and GTE classes | The official website of 24 Heures du Mans

The #63 Corvette has been withdrawn after a practice crash in today's qualifying session.

That was a hard crash, Jan Magnussen was lucky to not have gotten injured after that one. I'm a little surprised that they didn't have a spare car.

Not sure he'd leave the States but I would love to see Pruett tackle the WEC schedule and Le Mans again.

I think he did say something around a year ago about wanting to go back to LeMans, so I would guess that at the minimum he would do that race.

FOX Sports broadcast schedule (all times ET and subject to change):
- FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)

- Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)

- Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

FOX Sports broadcast schedule (all times ET and subject to change):
- FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)

- Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)

- Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

FS Go will be my savior.

I overslept but ready to go. My goal is to pull a 24 hour stint but we'll see how things go.

Corvettes are just lousy thus far. The #50 Larbre Competition 'Vette is -4 laps down and dead last in the Am class. While the #64 is 6th in the Pro class. While the #53 Viper is leading the Am class right now.

VN Store

Back