Isle of Man TT

Orangesmokey

Gator Hater
Watching it on tv right now. I am not normally a motorcycle racing fan but I have mad respect for these guys racing in this. Crazy fast speeds on regular street roads. The bikes are coming off the ground going through corners. Awesome.

Anybody else watching or seen this before?

These guys, sprint car racers, and rally drivers are the last of a dying breed in motorsport. One of the guys stopped to pop in his dislocated shoulder, and got back on his bike and finished the race. It's these types of guys that Barnaby Conrad was talking about.

Watching it on tv right now. I am not normally a motorcycle racing fan but I have mad respect for these guys racing in this. Crazy fast speeds on regular street roads. The bikes are coming off the ground going through corners. Awesome.

Anybody else watching or seen this before?

Thanks for the reminder. DVR set.

Personally I am all about making motorsports safer, but there is something mystical about these guys blasting down narrow streets at 150mph.

Also, how long does it take to memorize the track layout. Rally drivers have the benefit of co-drivers. These guys? Nothing. Better do your homework before guessing if that blind corner opens up or closes.

Thanks for the reminder. DVR set.

Personally I am all about making motorsports safer, but there is something mystical about these guys blasting down narrow streets at 150mph.

Also, how long does it take to memorize the track layout. Rally drivers have the benefit of co-drivers. These guys? Nothing. Better do your homework before guessing if that blind corner opens up or closes.

I think this statement right here is the main reason why I have such respect for them. I am sure they get practice time and they get to look at the track layout before running but still it's crazy to see them going 120 mph down narrow, bumpy roads. The come across hills and hardly lift.

After watching last night I looked into it some more today and watched some more videos. The race is over 100 years old and there have been around 200 deaths through out the history of the race.

After watching last night I looked into it some more today and watched some more videos. The race is over 100 years old and there have been around 200 deaths through out the history of the race.

Jesus.

Did you read about the way the govt works out there in the Isle of Man? It's sort of a no man's land where they honor the crown but they do not follow the UK Gov't or the EU. Nowhere else in the developed world could this happen.

Jesus.

Did you read about the way the govt works out there in the Isle of Man? It's sort of a no man's land where they honor the crown but they do not follow the UK Gov't or the EU. Nowhere else in the developed world could this happen.

I didn't see anything on how the govt works but I did watch a video that stated while the riders were not on the course the general public could ride the course with no speed limit. I think that is were some of the deaths have come from too. It stated that during last year's race there were either four or six deaths. (can't remember) And some of the deaths were spectators. Now, I am not sure if those spectators were watching the race or if they were riding while the pros weren't on the course.

Michael Dunlop is a mad man on a motorcycle. I watched last night. He has won all three races he has entered. Last night after a pitstop he was nine seconds behind the leader and ended up passing the leader and winning by almost two full seconds. He was pretty much flat out for two full laps.

Michael Dunlop is a mad man on a motorcycle. I watched last night. He has won all three races he has entered. Last night after a pitstop he was nine seconds behind the leader and ended up passing the leader and winning by almost two full seconds. He was pretty much flat out for two full laps.

How they get through that chicane in the town flat out is abusing amazing

They were showing on board shots of Dunlop on the last two laps there were times I am surprised that he didn't hit some of those rock walls with his helmet or handle bars or something.

VN Store

Back