2013 Current Commits/Targets (UPDATED)

Well we will see if all these 4* and 5* athletes are just hiding in the weeds and will at the last possible minute, sign with UT. We are 11th in the SEC right now for this class and they have purged quite a few of the athletes Dooley recruited. I don't see anyone on our commit list that chose us over Alabama, Florida, or even Georgia.

Cut some slack bro and look at the situation we are lucky we are not 14th.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but with Brodus getting a scholarship, we have 68 scholarship players with five EE already counted. Currently, we have 13 other commits that will enroll in the summer, which would give us 81 scholarship athletes. That leaves just 4 spots, right? Of course, that is assuming no more attrition.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but with Brodus getting a scholarship, we have 68 scholarship players with five EE already counted. Currently, we have 13 other commits that will enroll in the summer, which would give us 81 scholarship athletes. That leaves just 4 spots, right? Of course, that is assuming no more attrition.

I hope that is not right, cause it seems to me like we have a real chance at Lawson, Bell, North and at least one running back (Ford or Green), not to mention some of the other guys who are interested and coming in for OV's.

Did you also include Dylan West‏@dwest_80

Thank you to everyone for supporting me on my journey! I just earned a scholarship! Can't explain the feeling.

and tyler drummer‏@tdrum12

So blessed and thankful to live out my dreams of earning a scholarship at Tennessee.. To god be All the glory.

in your numbers? They got schollies today also.

No I did not. I also forgot the Deep Snappers J.R. Carr and Matt Giampapa who are both on scholarship. We have no spots available that I know of. Either drop some current commits or current players.

I believe the scholarships are for this semester and the summer. The limit is 85, and because we are way below that number right now, the non-scholarship players may be awarded scholarships through the end of summer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I believe the scholarships are for this semester and the summer. The limit is 85, and because we are way below that number right now, the non-scholarship players may be awarded scholarships through the end of summer.

This is what I'm thinking. Scholly for the spring semester. At least some of the new guys will enroll for the summer semester so the staff will reevaluate the situation at that time. There's no way they were put on permanent scholly. That would make CBJ look even more foolish than Dooley.

I know this is not a discussion based part of the Forum, but I believe the coaches had 3 scholarships to give players since Philips, Bonner and the other player left. That would mean recruiting schollys at 27 could stay the same number since they were not giving those up.

Shelton Gibson is now a WVU commit, but as of today he is still planning on making the trip to Knoxville this weekend. However that could change, it seems grades are a concern.

OCI, a question about official and unofficial visits. Since we are in a pinch with the number of OVs we have left, can some of our current commits, especially the ones that live close to Knox like Kendrick, Smith, and Sanders, not just visit unofficially to save the OVs for other prospects?

OCI, a question about official and unofficial visits. Since we are in a pinch with the number of OVs we have left, can some of our current commits, especially the ones that live close to Knox like Kendrick, Smith, and Sanders, not just visit unofficially to save the OVs for other prospects?

They could, but the staff is recruiting these kids appropriately and giving them the needed attention. You can't take anything for granted in recruiting.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

Isn't Barber visiting this weekend? I saw where he changed his schedule and will now visit Texas mid-week.

That is what I heard also, man barber and ford would be dank if Green goes North. I think ford puts on some muscle weight he will be exquisite

Isn't Barber visiting this weekend? I saw where he changed his schedule and will now visit Texas mid-week.

Man I hope this is true! With all the current commits already scheduled we need anyone on the fence here this weekend for the big show! GBO!:clapping:

VN Store

Back