2012 College Baseball Thread

I'll probably end up going to some Gamecocks games this year now that I live in Columbia

Ohio went 1-2 at UNC Wilmington this weekend. It's always nice to go south to the warm weather and get to play outside. Sucks it's our first time on a real field, but we did alright and were in every game. Almost had a brawl in the last game, lol.

We play MTSU next weekend if anyone is in town!

Ohio went 1-2 at UNC Wilmington this weekend. It's always nice to go south to the warm weather and get to play outside. Sucks it's our first time on a real field, but we did alright and were in every game. Almost had a brawl in the last game, lol.

We play MTSU next weekend if anyone is in town!

Ohio?????? Do you know Brady Gick ?!?!? :naughty:

Weekend results for the In state schools if anybody is interested. I am sure many here will be very happy to see Candy had a great weekend!

APSU 3-1 vs Illinois State
ETSU 1-2 vs EKU
MTSU 1-1 Mule Mix Classic
Lipscomb 1-1 Mule Mix Classic
Belmont 2-1 Mule Mix Classic
Memphis 1-2 SIU Edwardsville
Tenn Tech 1-2 Texas Tech Classic
Vandy 0-3 vs Stanford
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Weekend results for the In state schools if anybody is interested. I am sure many here will be very happy to see Candy had a great weekend!

APSU 3-1 vs Illinois State
ETSU 1-2 vs EKU
MTSU 1-1 Mule Mix Classic
Lipscomb 1-1 Mule Mix Classic
Belmont 2-1 Mule Mix Classic
Memphis 1-2 SIU Edwardsville
Tenn Tech 1-2 Texas Tech Classic
Vandy 0-3 vs Stanford

It was not in the Cards for Vandy to beat the Stanford Cards on the road.

A better start for the Georgia Bulldogs as they swept Presbyterian.

It really is a little bit out of hand how loaded they are.

That's what happens when you live in a place where you can play a year. The great talent gets even better. Played a few Florida teams in travel ball several years ago, and they were incredible.

Quick noob question:

When watching the games on the weekend, the guy on the live blog and on here people were referring to "the porch". What exactly is the porch? Is it a grandstand in our stadium or something?

Quick noob question:

When watching the games on the weekend, the guy on the live blog and on here people were referring to "the porch". What exactly is the porch? Is it a grandstand in our stadium or something?

It is a deck built behind left field that groups of fans can rent. I believe they allow grills and I know alcohol is allowed or a blind eye is turned if it is concealed.

It is a deck built behind left field that groups of fans can rent. I believe they allow grills and I know alcohol is allowed or a blind eye is turned if it is concealed.

OHHHH. Ok. I will look out for it tommorow.

Are you not allowed to drink alcohol at Baseball games then?

Vandy has lost to The Oregon Dukcs 9-2 today. With the loss Vandy is now 1-5. Still a lot of baseball left but right now they could play as bad as the UG Dawgs played last year most of the first half.

THe Number one Gators are beating William and Mary 5-1 in the Bottom of the 8th.
Other one run victories in the SEC THe number 2 Gamecocks beating Elon 3-2, The number 5 Hogs beat Valparaiso, Number 17 UG Dawgs beat Winthrop 2-1, Kentucky continues to stay undefeated beating Buffalo 9-5.

Appalachian State upsets the LSU Tigers 1-0 on the road the first loss of the season for the LSU Tigers.

So teams in the SEC remainning still undefeated
The Vols, Gamecocks, Wildcats,UG Bulldogs, and the Razorbacks.
To see all Baseball scores go to the website d1baseball

Anyway to watch games live - streams from UTsports, JeepJeep, Firstrowsports etc.? How about streaming radio from UTsports? GBO undefeated

Anyway to watch games live - streams from UTsports, JeepJeep, Firstrowsports etc.? How about streaming radio from UTsports? GBO undefeated

UTsports streams most of them live. The game at noon today will be on there. :good!:

Vandy drops to 1-7 with a 9-3 loss to Louisiana Tech tonight.

It's amazing the struggles they are having. Their hand is slowly creeping toward the panic button. No hitting, no pitching, no defense. Fascinating to watch in person. Pfeifer pitched extremely well. But they only got 2 innings from their starter, who got touched up for 5 runs. Seems to be no accountability on that team.

With pressure on Vandy they won two games today vs Rhode Island 9-4, and 8-0.

The Hogs were contained by the Houston Cougars losing 4-1.

Florida is making Miami it's Home away from Home. Right now they are leading 12-5 the Canes in the bottom of the 8th.

VN Store

Back