2011 JUCO WR Antonio Jones (walk-on)

Mo Couch let Cody talks to him last night and he wanted questions to ask AJ. I told him to ask about the 40 time because there's are alot of non-believers. Consistent 4.4 big play maker who's not afraid to go get it is what we need.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mo Couch let Cody talks to him last night and he wanted questions to ask AJ. I told him to ask about the 40 time because there's are alot of non-believers. Consistent 4.4 big play maker who's not afraid to go get it is what we need.

Well done. On a well stocked team, walk-on's rarely do anything. Before people starting bringing up names, I said rarely, not ever. Let him have his shot at it and best of luck to him!

This guy sounds like he has potential. I'd say after the injury a lot of teams backed off him. The more the merrier. Welcome aboard.

It is very possible. I went from running a 5.1sec 40 my soph yr in high school to running consistent mid 4.7's my Sr year. Plus I can't remember the safety's name that went to Arizona St as a walk-on running a 4.7 and ended up running a 4.4 by the time he was a SR. Ended up being drafted by the Rams I believe.

Adam Archuleta perhaps?

You can shave two tenths just from learning how to start off right. Correct your running form and you can shave another tenth. It's possible to go from 4.7s to 4.4s

You guys saying that improving your 40 time by a couple tenths cannot be done, obviously never played sports. As someone mentioned previously, improving your running technique can shave time off your overall time. It's much the same as gaining 20 more yards on your golf drive or 5 mph on your fastball. Improve your technique, and it CAN be accomplished.

Most of these guys run that fast on just plain skill and God given ability. Once they are taught how to actually run by a trained person, they can easily shave time off their 40 time.

GBO!!!!!!

You guys saying that improving your 40 time by a couple tenths cannot be done, obviously never played sports. As someone mentioned previously, improving your running technique can shave time off your overall time. It's much the same as gaining 20 more yards on your golf drive or 5 mph on your fastball. Improve your technique, and it CAN be accomplished.

Most of these guys run that fast on just plain skill and God given ability. Once they are taught how to actually run by a trained person, they can easily shave time off their 40 time.

GBO!!!!!!

I love how people speak in absolutes without considering alternative solutions.

fear_poster_med.jpg

Nobody mentioned how Mo Couch was raving about Dooley and the program. If all Dooley's players are buying into the program like this, he is doing one hell of a job. Just though i would bring that point up.

a fan should never complaine about a walk on ,wait and see how good he is,its not like a wazted scolly ,with his size and if his speed is accurate he could get some catches and good yardage.and a poster was talking about speed getting better.the first time i ran a 40 it was a 4.85 and three years later i was at 4.55

"The story is I wasn't really getting any scouts right after I just got hurt and then I was going to commit to North Texas and then their coaching staff got fired and everything so they didn't scout me no more,"
Jones said. "And then, I was talking to Mo (Vol signee Maurice Couch) one day and he just said come to UT and told him I'd think about it. I did and I liked the coaches and the program."

When speaking with Hinshaw:

"He was telling me how they need a little bit more help with receivers and stuff and he liked my size and he was telling me all about the program and I really like it. They have new facilities and a lot of people have come out of that program and gone to the pros and do good things there," Jones said.

"It means a lot to me because I never grew up in a good money situation and then I feel like I'm doing this for my family and my community. I know that I have to go hard for them, every day, all day," Jones said. "Another thing is my father. My father passed away when I was 10 and I knew this is what he wanted for me and I prayed on it and everything and I know God has this plan for me and Tennessee's the place for me."

"I feel good about it. I know with my talent I think I can be high in the rotation, like real high. I feel like I can do the slot, maybe and mostly outside, because my last 40 (yard dash) time, and I think this was on a good day, I ran a 4.39, but I'm a consistent 4.4 guy," he offered." I think I can make a lot of game-changers for Tennessee right now and I think I can go up and go get and I think that's the main thing in my game because I know I can do that really good."

-VQ article

Sounds like a really good kid! We keep finding these type of players and I know our football team will be back on top before long. So many good stories about the players on this team. It really makes me proud!

sounds like the man is trying to make something of himself .. GO VOLS .. GO ANTONIO !!!!!:rock:

VN Store

Back