2011 JUCO WR Antonio Jones (walk-on)

They must have used a really cheap stopwatch for that 4.6 40.. Obviously, they used a good one for the 4.39,,

Really, I don't see how anyone can cut 21/100s of a second off their 40yd dash time.

Dude, it can be done. Maybe he slacked in high school because he could get by on talent and size... then realized if he got busy, he could do something with it all. There are so many different scenarios.

First question, I'm assuming he'll be a junior this year will he not? Second does anyone think he'll actually see the field or just a body?

he's 6'4 200 lbs and is likely over 21 yrs old.

dont look for him to be able to pack on lbs to play TE...

I get sick of seeing fans on here wanting to move guys around like it's a video game. Moving a good size wideout like this will make him an undersized TE. Dooley wants a bigger team and this certainly a step in that direction.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I get sick of seeing fans on here wanting to move guys around like it's a video game. Moving a good size wideout like this will make him an undersized TE. Dooley wants a bigger team and this certainly a step in that direction.

It's all a lot of them know.

He looks like he gets seperation well. Does look like a big target. How many passes did he miss in that work out. Maybe we should be signing the QB if no passes were missed. Just sayin! GBO...

In fairness, the line between a video game coach and a message board junkie is pretty thin. Many of us are both.

It's all a lot of them know.

We can't help it. It's what we grew up on. Fulmer was master of making safeties into linebackers, linebackers into defensive ends, tight ends into linemen, fullbacks into linebackers, quarterbacks into defensive backs, etc. etc. Can the kid play linebacker? We need help.

You dont go from running 4.6 to a 4.39

It is very possible. I went from running a 5.1sec 40 my soph yr in high school to running consistent mid 4.7's my Sr year. Plus I can't remember the safety's name that went to Arizona St as a walk-on running a 4.7 and ended up running a 4.4 by the time he was a SR. Ended up being drafted by the Rams I believe.

also, if this guy didn't play last year he will be a RS soph this year. He has 3yrs to play 3

From Cody McKee's Twitter:

Coaches want him to play the X and Z positions, runs a consistent 4.40/40.Said that Maurice told him that Coach Dooley was like a big family and he wanted to be apart of it.

If he is seriously running 4.4's at his size then he will be a welcome addition to this WR group.

The thing that I'm most excited about for our team right now is that we're building some depth which will require everybody to COMPETE in practice in order to get on the field.

- If Hunter and Rogers want to stay top dogs among the WRs, they better work cause Z Rogers, Milton, Dallas, Arnett, Williams, and now Jones will all be fighting behind them.

- If Jackson and Brewer want to keep their spots and if Evans, Gordon, and Teague want to see the field again, they better step it up because Moore, Lanier, Waggner, Coleman, Loften (hopefully), and Randolph - collectively, the Cavalry - are comin'.

- If Thomas, Schofield, Stone, Fulton, and James want to be the starting five again, they gotta improve on last year because Jackson, Bullard, Richardson, Crowder, and Posey are going to be good too.

When players compete in practice, they get better. Sorry for the longish post, but the news about adding Jones to WRs and (again hopefully) adding Loften to the secondary got me pumped up.

And I hope this time next year I'll be able to make a similar post about the DT, DE, and LB positions.

VN Store

Back