2011-2012 MLB offseason thread

He's averaged .265 22 75 over his career. No reason he can't provide that or better in a loaded Phils lineup.

Don't give me career averages for an over-the-hill player as if he's going to post those or play every day. Do me a favor- check his recent stats while I pencil in Chipper for .315 35 130

Don't give me career averages for an over-the-hill player as if he's going to post those or play every day. Do me a favor- check his recent stats while I pencil in Chipper for .315 35 130

I mean he is was .248 22 78 in 2010. Of course you can't pencil him in for that and I don't believe I was saying you could but he is a guy who can play several positions and will give them more out of RF than they've had recently.

I mean he is was .248 22 78 in 2010. Of course you can't pencil him in for that and I don't believe I was saying you could but he is a guy who can play several positions and will give them more out of RF than they've had recently.

"no reason he can't provide that or better" lead me to believe that's what you expect from him. So maybe my definitions of "pencilling in" and expectations are a bit blurry. But then again, I've never been much on reading comprehension..at least not from your posts anyway.

Again, Ty Wiggington sucks. Also, Hunter Pence plays RF.

Kemp should have gotten it. And I hate seeing a SP get the MVP, that's why they have the CY Young award

Braun was just as deserving as kemp if not more. They had similar stats and he did it on a playoff team. They absolutely got it right.

The playoff team stuff doesn't mean much IMO as far as one being more deserving over the other

The problem with these awards is the consistency in the criteria. they seemingly pick and choose when being on a playoff team matters. The fact of the matter is that kemp put up his numbers without the help of a good lineup around him. Mind-boggling in that respect. He also played in 161 games while braun played in 150.

Again Braun is deserving but I think Kemp should have one.

"no reason he can't provide that or better" lead me to believe that's what you expect from him. So maybe my definitions of "pencilling in" and expectations are a bit blurry. But then again, I've never been much on reading comprehension..at least not from your posts anyway.

Again, Ty Wiggington sucks. Also, Hunter Pence plays RF.

There you go again, being a complete dick for no reason.
Try to not take this board so seriously.

Also, I had LF in my head because I know Ibanez is like 40 so I'm not sure why I said RF. So appreciative that you pointed it out for me. Well done.

If he can regain whatever badass-ness he had in LA, good signing for an 8-9 or he and Soria.

Wow. That was quick/big.

Interested to see if Hanley plays second or third.

Pujols..really?? If the Marlins pull that off they deserve their own thread, IMO

Marlins are looking at potentially increasing thier payroll to around $115-120mil. They do get some relief from their previous stadium deal and receive plenty from the luxury tax but they are obviously banking on huge sponsorship with the new stadium and darn near sellouts everynight...will be interesting for sure...

Not knocking you, just curious where the 115-120 number came from? If that's the case, they could easily fit Pujols salary.

VN Store

Back