2009 early BIG board

I did not say that teams, mainly UT in the last 6 years or so have pulled a player or two, out of the state of AL. The year we were able to pull Swain and Sears out was actually a Down year for the state. Alabama was near .500 and Auburn was not much better. The point is kids in AL are excited about the future with two coaches who can really recruit. Pulling a top-notch recruit will be difficult to remove from the State, unless the State school feels it is loaded in that certain position.

scout says that Colton Morrison has "high" interest in UT. 6'6" 200lbs 4.7 40 QB from california. impressive triangle numbers but it is scout so take it for what its worth. rivals does not list us as a suitor.

I think he is a project prospect. The high school numbers I saw on him weren't that great. Not sure what year numbers I saw though.

QB - We will be going hard after a top notch signal caller this year.
Kevin Newsome- Dont know too much about him, I heard hes good
Russell Shepherd- probably Michigan/Texas
Tom Savage- Georgia
Aaron Murray
Ryan Mossakowski
AJ McCarron- Alabama lock

RB
Desmond Scott- I think we have a good shot
Montrell Conner- LSU
Jeremy Smith- I think he will stay in the Big 12
Ronnie Wingo- Illinois/Missouri
David Oku- Oklahoma/ Oklahoma State
Morgan Alexander- Never heard of him
Gabriel Hunter-

WR
Marlon Brown- UT/SoCal/ND
Reuban Randle-LSU
Logan Heastie- VT
Kendall Kelly-Alabama
Corey Brown- Pitt
Zach Rogers- Austin Rogers Brother?

TE
Logan Thomas

OL
Alex Bullard- We can get him
Zak Tait
Andre Harris
Marcus Hall- Ohio State
Patrick Lewis
Wesley Johnson
Xavier Nixon
Johnnie Farms
Lawrence Abrams
Tyrel Wilson

DL
Chris Davenport- LSU
Cory Hall
Rae Sykes
Quinton Dial
Raynard Randolph
Rufus Williams
Vinson Bass
Chris Bonds- USC
Tyrone Ezell
Kawame Geathers
Matt Johnson
Antwan Lowery
Deantre Rhodes
Eric Smiley
Nick Stone
Brandon Taylor
Jamar Travis
Abry Jones
Demonte McCallister

LB
Jarvis Jones
Willie Ferrell
Derrick Webb
Nico Johnson
Eric Fields
Tana Patrick
Daniel Drummond
Philip Bailey- Probably staying in Florida
Gene Robinson

CB
Eric Gordon
Dre Kirkpatrick- Bammer
Gene Robinson
Damien Thigpen- I think we can get him
CJ Barnett
Tavor Gatlin
Corey Lillard
Javanti Sparrow

S
Devonte Holloman
Donovan Tate
Stephen Gilmore
Ryan Campbell
Alvin Hines
Demario Jeffrey
Kejuan Riley

as I can currently see it.

QB - We will be going hard after a top notch signal caller this year.
Kevin Newsome
Russell Shepherd
Tom Savage
Aaron Murray
Ryan Mossakowski
AJ McCarron

RB
Desmond Scott
Montrell Conner
Jeremy Smith
Ronnie Wingo
David Oku
Morgan Alexander
Gabriel Hunter

WR
Marlon Brown
Reuban Randle
Logan Heastie
Kendall Kelly
Corey Brown
Zach Rogers

TE
Logan Thomas

OL
Alex Bullard
Zak Tait
Andre Harris
Marcus Hall
Patrick Lewis
Wesley Johnson
Xavier Nixon
Johnnie Farms
Lawrence Abrams
Tyrel Wilson

DL
Chris Davenport
Cory Hall
Rae Sykes
Quinton Dial
Raynard Randolph
Rufus Williams
Vinson Bass
Chris Bonds
Tyrone Ezell
Kawame Geathers
Matt Johnson
Antwan Lowery
Deantre Rhodes
Eric Smiley
Nick Stone
Brandon Taylor
Jamar Travis
Abry Jones
Demonte McCallister

LB
Jarvis Jones
Willie Ferrell
Derrick Webb
Nico Johnson
Eric Fields
Tana Patrick
Daniel Drummond
Philip Bailey
Gene Robinson

CB
Eric Gordon
Dre Kirkpatrick
Gene Robinson
Damien Thigpen
CJ Barnett
Tavor Gatlin
Corey Lillard
Javanti Sparrow

S
Devonte Holloman
Donovan Tate
Stephen Gilmore
Ryan Campbell
Alvin Hines
Demario Jeffrey
Kejuan Riley

to be continued....

It would be interesting to see how many of these guys we get. If they commit to us, then you should highlight the name in GREEN. If they commit to someone else, highlight it in RED...

It would be interesting to see how many of these guys we get. If they commit to us, then you should highlight the name in GREEN. If they commit to someone else, highlight it in RED...

yeah I am going to do that, but I am going to highlight in Orange if they commit to us. :)

No offense fellas, but Nico Johnson is an Alabama lock also. He will commit to Bama before the summer is over(probably before it starts). Also, Tana Patrick will choose between Bama and Georgia. He will pick Bama when its all said and done.

You guys should look to the state of Georgia. That state is loaded with talent like always, but georgia can only sign 14 to 18 players next year. A lot of Georgia talent will be looking for a home.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

No offense fellas, but Nico Johnson is an Alabama lock also. He will commit to Bama before the summer is over(probably before it starts). Also, Tana Patrick will choose between Bama and Georgia. He will pick Bama when its all said and done.

You guys should look to the state of Georgia. That state is loaded with talent like always, but georgia can only sign 14 to 18 players next year. A lot of Georgia talent will be looking for a home.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

Im offended.

One big recruiting year and suddenly they think every prospect they want they'll get. I see a situation like Tennessee's this past season happening with Alabama. They get a top recruiting class and the young kids play early. Rarely will a top recruit go to a school when a kid only a year ahead steps in and is successful as a starter. Bama signed Jerrell Harris, Devonta Bolton, Courtney Upshaw, Don'ta Hightower, and Chris Jordan (who will end up at LB, we all know Saban lied to him) this past season, I don't think LB is a position they're going to go after too hard this year. We have a shot at Tana Patrick, but if I were to guess Auburn has the best shot at both Patrick and Johnson.

Dude, do some research. Nico Johnson is a lifelong Bama fan. Andrew Bone of Scout.com has talked with Nico many times and he said Nico will play for the Tide. He said he will probably be an early commitment. You may have a shot with Tana Patrick but his early leaders are Bama and Georgia. Hilarious, Auburn has no shot at Nico Johnson.
By the way, Chris Jordan will get his shot at RB at Bama and he will probably end up as an awesome LB. Bama is deep at RB. I think the bigger question is why didn't Fulmer do more to try and keep him in-state. Same thing with Hightower....Too little too late.Tn will rebound next year but they blew it on some big prospects this year.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

Dude, do some research. Nico Johnson is a lifelong Bama fan. Andrew Bone of Scout.com has talked with Nico many times and he said Nico will play for the Tide. He said he will probably be an early commitment. You may have a shot with Tana Patrick but his early leaders are Bama and Georgia. Hilarious, Auburn has no shot at Nico Johnson.
By the way, Chris Jordan will get his shot at RB at Bama and he will probably end up as an awesome LB. Bama is deep at RB. I think the bigger question is why didn't Fulmer do more to try and keep him in-state. Same thing with Hightower....Too little too late.Tn will rebound next year but they blew it on some big prospects this year.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

Wasn't aware of Nico Johnson's position, fine I just don't know why a top guy, unless a lifelong fan, would go to a school that just took 5 potentially very good LBs. Fulmer wanted Jordan, but was honest, unlike Saban, and told him he'd be a linebacker here. We let Hightower get away, but he wanted to play right away, and the 7-6 Tide offered more assurance in that factor than UT did. I never thought we had a shot a Nico Johnson, but I do believe the depth factor will allow us a shot at Patrick. I know UGA is in there as well.

Its not fair to say that we should give up on recruiting the state of Alabama, I mean how much success did you have recruiting in Tennessee prior to this year? Very little, recruiting changes on a year to year basis. A 7-6 record meant early playing time for potential top prospects interested in Alabama. If those recruits step in and play well and Alabama plays better next season, don't expect '09 prospects to be knocking the door down for the chance to play for the tide like they did in '08. It's just the nature of the beast.

First of all, Saban didn't lie to the kid. He will get his shot at RB. When Saban took over at Bama, Jimmy Johns(former Mr. football from Miss.) wanted to play RB. Saban told him he thought he would have a better chance to play at LB(Johns is 6ft2 235 pounds) but he let him have the choice. He spent all year on special teams because he wasn't better than the RBs we had. Now he is a LB. Saban is one of the best Talent evaluators in the country...this is no secret. He puts guys in the NFL and always has one of the best classes in the nation. I'm not making this up, this is his track-record.

Also, I never said TN shouldn't try and recruit in Alabama. There were some nice 3*** prospects(like Willie Bohannon) that TN should have recruited. I really wanted Bohannon at Bama.
Last, Bama hasn't recruited well in any state since our probabtion. But you are wrong, Bama used to recruit real well in TN(Memphis and Nashville) for years. A matter of fact, Bama Got the #1 player in the state 3 years in a row or 3 out of 4 back in the 90's I think...Eric Locke(transferred back to TN), David Paine, and the infamous Albert Means. That Name makes me cry.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

First of all, Saban didn't lie to the kid. He will get his shot at RB. When Saban took over at Bama, Jimmy Johns(former Mr. football from Miss.) wanted to play RB. Saban told him he thought he would have a better chance to play at LB(Johns is 6ft2 235 pounds) but he let him have the choice. He spent all year on special teams because he wasn't better than the RBs we had. Now he is a LB. Saban is one of the best Talent evaluators in the country...this is no secret. He puts guys in the NFL and always has one of the best classes in the nation. I'm not making this up, this is his track-record.

Also, I never said TN shouldn't try and recruit in Alabama. There were some nice 3*** prospects(like Willie Bohannon) that TN should have recruited. I really wanted Bohannon at Bama.
Last, Bama hasn't recruited well in any state since our probabtion. But you are wrong, Bama used to recruit real well in TN(Memphis and Nashville) for years. A matter of fact, Bama Got the #1 player in the state 3 years in a row or 3 out of 4 back in the 90's I think...Eric Locke(transferred back to TN), David Paine, and the infamous Albert Means. That Name makes me cry.

ROLL TIDE !!!!

John Adams is that you?

ROLL TIDE !!!!

Fulmer told Jordan they wanted him for LB. Jordan said he wanted to play RB so they parted ways. It didnt seem like the coaching staff was big on hightower until they whiffed on a few prospects then tried to get back in with him late. They probably regret that but definitely not Jordan.

VN Store

Back