1st in SEC EAST!

I think it's possible (and CBJ should win coach of the year if so), but I'd say the odds are about 30/70 against. Obviously there are so many factors. But it appears we're developing while others are struggling or imploding. If that trend continues that my percentages may well flip by end of Oct.

Now....where'd you get your "doobage"?

Last edited:
For 8 wins who do we beat? Georgia, Chattanooga, Florida, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vandy is most likely course and it's still highly unlikely.

IMO we just saw the best defense we will see all year, and possibly a top SEC caliber offense with alot of misdirection and reads. We didnt play bad, the boys grew up alot this game. Regardless of the season record, my expectations have went up some after seeing the way we performed for 4 quarters against a team that deserves to be #4 or higher in the country (we havent seen 4 solid quarters in big games besides S Car.) If this is where Butch has our team every game. I like our odds. Just a 3-4 plays of improvement on offense and defense and we change the game. I dont beleive we will see another disruptive d-line as good as them either. Take that away and we have a much better chance.

Is that feeling due to alcohol because a lot of people get those "feelings". I mean we are improving but let's not get to ahead of ourselves.
PS: I hope you are right :)

Last time I had that feeling, I FELT that girl I was with was pretty good looking., next morning I was sneaking out the door only to find I rode with her.......!!!!!!!!! :'( lemme tell u when I woke her up.... it was the alcohol.

Of the rest of the conference games here I how I would rank of team of a wins.. conference only

1. Vandy
2. Florida/KY
4. Mizzou
5. Sc
6. Ole Miss
7. GA
8. Bama

Both GA and Bama power running will be difficult for us to stop as both are downhill running teams

You may be surprised. I like our odds against a team that just wants to run at us. We have a defensive line that is an upgrade from last year IMO. Our LBs and DBs are great too.

After this weekend, I don't even know what to think about East teams. Not sure I remember a weekend that told so little about where teams actually stand.
What I saw was four East teams play a tough, physical brand of football. I still haven't seen Missouri play this season although I assume their ranking is deserved. Vandy is putrid but I'm sure they'll save their best game of the season for us, especially if they are playing to spoil our hopes of bowl eligibility. Drawing Ole Miss was no favor and Bama is still rolling. We lived and dies by the big play against Oklahoma, a strategy that rarely results in wins. We need a SEC running game if we're going to climb out of the cellar. We've got the backs to make it happen but not the line. We're gonna need some breaks to get 6 wins and it's been a long while since lady luck smiled on us.

Reactions: 1 person
What I saw was four East teams play a tough, physical brand of football. I still haven't seen Missouri play this season although I assume their ranking is deserved. Vandy is putrid but I'm sure they'll save their best game of the season for us, especially if they are playing to spoil our hopes of bowl eligibility. Drawing Ole Miss was no favor and Bama is still rolling. We lived and dies by the big play against Oklahoma, a strategy that rarely results in wins. We need a SEC running game if we're going to climb out of the cellar. We've got the backs to make it happen but not the line. We're gonna need some breaks to get 6 wins and it's been a long while since lady luck smiled on us.

This off week is going to be crucial to our team, specifically the offensive line and DBs. Our Oline has seen the toughest defensive line to block that they may see all year, these guys are young and from the looks of it are hungry to get better. These guys dont have NFL potential yet and have ALOT to prove, and I have a feeling they will work to get where they need to be. Our DB's are already good, but they have two weeks to work on shutting GA's passing game completely down, which I think is possible. Then all our defense needs to is focus on Gurley.

Gurley will have long runs against us, BUT S Carolina showed us that he can be limited.

We will finish the season 1st or tied for 1st in SEC east! I feel like every team in the east will lose at least 3 SEC games! It can realistically happen, just think about it and do the math!

I really like this team!
GO VOLS!!!!

PS I have a great feeling we will be coming back to this thread in December!

Wow! That's a big statement. I would like to see that!
And all I wanted was 6-6 with a bowl game. Boy, was I thinking small. :crazy:

GO VOLS!

We will finish the season 1st or tied for 1st in SEC east! I feel like every team in the east will lose at least 3 SEC games! It can realistically happen, just think about it and do the math!

I really like this team!
GO VOLS!!!!

PS I have a great feeling we will be coming back to this thread in December!

Hope is great. Do not be crushed if it does not happen.

This off week is going to be crucial to our team, specifically the offensive line and DBs. Our Oline has seen the toughest defensive line to block that they may see all year, these guys are young and from the looks of it are hungry to get better. These guys dont have NFL potential yet and have ALOT to prove, and I have a feeling they will work to get where they need to be. Our DB's are already good, but they have two weeks to work on shutting GA's passing game completely down, which I think is possible. Then all our defense needs to is focus on Gurley.

Gurley will have long runs against us, BUT S Carolina showed us that he can be limited.

If we can shut down their passing game then it's in the bag. If we beat Jawja then I say we def beat those Gator bastards, and then it's a mixed bag.

I'm sitting on 5-3 SEC with losses to Bammer, UGA, one other

Vandy and Chattanooga are the only locks...Kentucky & Florida are toss ups...the rest we will have to be on our "A" game. Getting to six wins this year will be a challenge...Don't believe the hype..its gonna be tough!

Anybody who has watched every team in the East play this season and can maintain objectivity would have to agree.

i dont think were gonna win the east but i think we can make it interesting. heres how i think the sec plays out

1. florida- i think the ky game was just them looking ahead to bama. i really think they only lose two in the sec this year bama and mizzou in an upset
2. south carolina- i think they also only lose 2 this year but one of them is to florida
3. georgia- i think they drop 3, us, florida and of course s.c
4. tennessee- we lose 4, bama, florida, usc, ole miss. wins over georgia, mizzou, vandy, ky and 7-5 overall
5. mizzou- also loses 4 but we beat them so were ahead
6. ky
7. vandy- doesnt win a single sec game

call me crazy for picking florida to win it but i think theyre vastly underrated this year. they have alot of weapons on offense and defense and that new offensive system will really be clicking soon. the only reason they fell to pieces last year was tons of injuries

Excluding Tennessee games:
1. South Carolina (5-2) - they drew @Aub and TAMU from the West, but they're favored to beat every remaining SECE team. I think the chance of them beating Auburn is better than the chance of them losing an SECE game.

2. Georgia (4-3) - Auburn, SC, Arkansas (or UK)

3. UF (4-3) - UGA, Bama, LSU (they won't score a TD on LSU)

4. Missouri (4-3) - UGA, TAMU, SC

5. Kentucky (2-5) - beat Vandy, Miss St. (or UGA?)

6. Vandy (0-7)

Tennessee should be competitive in every SECE game, and if (big if) we finish 5-3 in conference we could sneak into SECCG.

I haven't seen a team out of the east that looks dominate. We are only going to get better as the year goes. Not saying we could win the east, but the division looks ordinary to me. I think it's very possible we beat 2 teams we shouldn't but lose to one or 2 we should beat.

We were 2 or 3 plays from making OK very nervous. Had all of the Momentum in the 3rd quarter. Those plays will start breaking our way very soon. I think this year may be better than many think.

1. South Carolina (5-2) - they drew @Aub and TAMU from the West, but they're favored to beat every remaining SECE team. I think the chance of them beating Auburn is better than the chance of them losing an SECE game.

6. Vandy (0-7)

Tennessee should be competitive in every SECE game, and if (big if) we finish 5-3 in conference we could sneak into SECCG.

No.:stop:

6. Vandy (0-7)

see i didnt look at the east vs west games for some reason. florida playin lsu, georgia and sc playin the barn and mizzou playin a&m throws a wrench in my logic big time...

TAMU shreds SC and all of a sudden SC is not that good.

Georgia beats Clemson and they are considered unbeatable and will run through the SEC.

SC beats the unbeatable Georgia and now some say they are the favorite.

UF struggles with UK and for some reason that means UK will be a tough game for us.

Nobody, including this board, knows what's going to happen in the East. To say we have no chance after what we have seen so far is shortsighted. I am not saying we will win the East but I would not be completely shocked if we finished near the top.

Reactions: 3 people
Vandy and Chattanooga are the only locks...Kentucky & Florida are toss ups...the rest we will have to be on our "A" game. Getting to six wins this year will be a challenge...Don't believe the hype..its gonna be tough!

I agree that Vandy and Chattanooga are the only remaining locks, but Kentucky is not a tossup. Kentucky is a game we will be favored to win, and if we play to our potential we will win that game. Yes, Kentucky has improved from last year, but so have we. Kentucky had a nice recruiting class last year, but we had a better recruiting class. Kentucky also has a lot of youth and inexperience as do we. But at the end of the day, we soundly beat Kentucky by 2 touchdowns last year, and the game was never really in doubt. While they have improved since last year, I am not convinced that they have improved more than we have. If we lose to Kentucky (especially if we also fail to pull off any upsets), I will start questioning Butch Jones coaching ability because considering the fact that they are no more experienced than we are; they have less overall talent than we do; and we beat them by two touchdowns last year, there really is no excuse for losing to the mildcats. However, at this stage, I think Butch Jones has us on the right track and I don't think we lose to Kentucky. I think we pull off a couple of upsets this year too. Go Vols!

Realistically Ole Miss and Mizzou will be the wild card game. I think its possible that we beat UF, SC, Vandy, KY. Losses to UGA and Bama.

uga or south carolina don't look that good, fla has a bunch of problems---missouri is probably the team to beat in the sec east---ut can win the division with a couple of upsets

The OK game reinforced my hopes for a winning season and making a bowl. That's as far as I'll go.

6-6, .... 7-5 maybe, even, hopefully ...

YES DAMMIT!

WE GONE WHOOP SOME AZZES!

Mizzou and SCar are possible as well. And gods honest truth, Alabama this year is not even on the same level as Oklahoma. They are by far the best team we will see this year

Don't count on it. Watch WVU either take them down or lose a close one this weeked. OK has several games left that they could lose, I suspect they wil end up something like 10-2, but will have to struggle in some of those wins. Bama is still the best all around team on the schedule, by a good bit. The level and depth of talent at all positions for the Tide is unmatched in CFB.:zeitung_lesen:

Last edited:
WTF is wrong with the East...
Tennessee Uk and maybe Mizz are the only teams to have played somewhat consistently...

any game can be a win for us this year...

Calm down please.:lolabove:

we beat you last year...what makes you think we won't do it again? lmao...52 points hung on you already in columbia bro so don't dare say home field...i'm in charlotte as we speak and can smell the chicken fear from here.

VN Store

Back