'19 TX QB Grant Gunnell (transfer portal)

If we could sumhow get this kid on board early and get him recruiting for us..Shew that be a homerun for a great 2019 class.Kids the real deal,little bit of a long shot but I hope we make it happen.

This kid could be a program changer for CJP and Co. His numbers are ridiculous. How is he not rated a 5*?

I think they are waiting to evaluate them in camp season. They love the clicks they generated last year with fields vs Lawrence debates. Need to make sure they have an uncommitted highly touted qb prospect drive fanbases wild.

lol Chad Morris cant sell much of anything...

Except he recruited Deshaun Watson and still works with him in the off season. Also had tons of 1st rd draft picks off his offense at Clemson and will have another this year from his O at SMU. He will be the best offensive coach in the conference.

Except he recruited Deshaun Watson and still works with him in the off season. Also had tons of 1st rd draft picks off his offense at Clemson and will have another this year from his O at SMU. He will be the best offensive coach in the conference.

He isnt going to have anywhere near the same talent level at Arky that he had at Clemson. Going to be a huge difference. He might be the best offensive coach in the SEC.

He's trending towards Stanford. His dad is the one running the show. Seems to want to go to A&M.

Rivals article from last week breaking down possible landing spots for Gunnell now that he’s decommitted from A&M...

ARKANSAS

The Razorbacks have been the first team that many have already pointed to as an obvious contender for Gunnell, largely because both of his parents went there and his grandfather won a national championship on the 1964 team. With Chad Morris now entrenched as the head coach and a renewed optimism in the direction of the team and offense, Gunnell should be willing to give the Razorbacks a close look this offseason.

ARIZONA

The Wildcats will no doubt like their chances to at least factor into Gunnell’s decision going forward with Sumlin and former Aggies offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone now in Tucson. Mazzone was one of the biggest influencers in Gunnell's decision to originally commit to Texas A&M, and Mazzone reconnected with Gunnell at the end of January with a new opportunity at Arizona.

TEXAS A&M

Gunnell had questions about the philosophy of the new staff in regards of what it wanted from a quarterback, but Fisher signed off on an offer for Gunnell while at Florida State, so it stands to reason that there will be some form of relationship between the two going forward. With Gunnell also having a brother on the team, if there is any significant mutual interest, that connection has to be a major consideration.

ALABAMA

The Crimson Tide may not have been consistently linked to Gunnell after coming through with an offer in May of last year, but seldom does a recruit not consider Alabama when it chooses to get involved. Former Aggies recruiting and special teams coordinator Jeff Banks is now in Tuscaloosa, and will likely try and capitalize on the prior relationship with the added swagger of being a part of a staff that comes off of winning yet another national championship.

TENNESSEE

The Volunteers might be a relative longshot, but could be an interesting team to keep an eye on. Considering they can offer Gunnell a seemingly easier path to playing time and ultimately, a featured role very early on, that should be something that appeals to him. He visited Knoxville last spring and plans to return this spring with new head coach Jeremy Pruitt now running the show. Pruitt will no doubt be selling the idea that Gunnell is going to be the star in his first full recruiting cycle.

- Nick Krueger, Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
He'd be stupid to go to AZ or Arky. They are going to continue to suck for years to come.

He'd be stupid to go to AZ or Arky. They are going to continue to suck for years to come.

Chad Morris had SMU offense playing very well this past year I expect they will do good on that side of the ball at least

They should do well recruiting Quarterbacks and Wide Recievers under him

Posted on VQ...

Hey Guys - I spoke with Grant Gunnell this past weekend at the Pylon 7v7 tourney in New Orleans. I posted on here a few weeks ago that he had visited Tennessee last spring, but it turns out I was incorrect about that... I thought I remembered him telling me that prior to our Dallas camp last year that he was out for a visit, but I don't think that's a major deal because he is very interested in making it out to Knoxville this offseason + the Vols obviously have a whole new staff in place anyway. Should be a real interesting battle for his commitment over the next few weeks with plenty of newer teams making a push for him - including Tennessee.

-Nick Krueger

Reactions: 1 person
New list of contenders per Gunnell...

IN HIS WORDS

On Arkansas, where his parents and grandfather attended. “It’s pretty cool, but I wouldn’t say that it’s a huge thing,” he said of continuing on a family legacy. “But it’s always in the back of my mind that my parents went there and it would be like a dynasty kind of thing.” “Ever since [the staff] was at SMU they’ve been talking to me,” he said. “Now that they’re there, it’s picked up and they said that I’m their number-one guy. They don’t want to offer anyone else - they’ll have to have a backup plan, but they said that I’m their top guy.”

On LSU

“There is definitely a family feeling there,” he said. “They don’t talk about football the whole time, they talk about you, life and stuff, so I really like that … With the offense, they told me that they are going to be running more plays out of shotgun, so I’d like to see what that looks like in the spring. “They stack up pretty well with the others recruiting me. I mean, it’s open for everyone right now.”

On Ohio State, where he’ll visit March 8

“They said that they’re moving towards prioritizing the quarterback more, so I’m interested in seeing how they’re going to do that,” he said. “I know they have a guy that is similar to me in Dwayne Haskins; he’s big, he’s still mobile but he doesn’t run as much. I thought after watching him play a little bit last season that I could be the same kind of fit for them.”

On Tennessee

“They have Coach (Tino) Sunseri from Florida State; he’s one of my favorite coaches,” he said. “It’s important for Tennessee that he’s there. It’s huge, because I really like him ... He’d be dealing directly with the quarterbacks, so I would be with him every single day and that’s one of the big things with me, since I’ll be with the guy all the time.” “I’d like to make it out there for the spring game so I can see all the fans in action,” he said. “I hear it gets pretty crazy.”

- Nick Krueger, Rivals

Reactions: 4 people
He means BJ brotha

200w.gif

Reactions: 4 people
That young man shouldn't copy my golf swing. At least I don't fall down anymore. :)

Haha the swing wasn't really that bad but he needs to work on that footwork. And maybe get some proper golf spikes. :lolabove:

VN Store

Back