'19 NC RB Zonovan Knight

Hmmm, so every football player at schools like Duke, Vandy and Stanford have great grades? Yeah, not buying it.

You don’t have to...but they do. And I don’t know about Vandy, but Duke and Stanford was the conversation.

RIVALS’ REACTION…

Knight clearly committed too soon and is now resetting his recruitment. N.C. State, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech are the big players for Knight right now. There is a while to go before Knight announces another commitment but N.C. State and Tennessee could have the inside track right now. Look for Michigan State, Michigan, and UCLA to eventually jump into the race. Expect Knight to more than likely take official visits to Tennessee, N.C. State, and Virginia Tech.

- Adam Friedman, Rivals

Reactions: 3 people
Hope we pull this guy, Donovan green, Khafre brown, and fields out NC. All 4 look pretty damn special

siap.

Duke Football Recruiting Donovan Greene decommits

"Duke Football lost its second Four-Star commitment this week when Donavon Greene decommitted according to multiple sources. Despite offering his verbal commitment to Duke on March 3rd, Greene continued to hear from and reciprocate interest with multiple coaching staffs including Notre Dame, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina. On April 30th, Greene told InsideCarolina.com's Don Callahan that his verbal commitment to Duke was not 100%."

Really? Good vision, doesn’t get caught from behind in the second level, shows some surprising shiftiness for a 6’1” back... I’m into it.

I said it before but ill say in again, "Very finesse but doesn't seem like he has a very high top speed."

Not that he doesnt but to me he doesnt look to be that fast. And he isnt a power back so i just dont see the fit.

I said it before but ill say in again, "Very finesse but doesn't seem like he has a very high top speed."

Not that he doesnt but to me he doesnt look to be that fast. And he isnt a power back so i just dont see the fit.

So you’re basically saying he’s a smaller version of Jalen Hurd?

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm, so every football player at schools like Duke, Vandy and Stanford have great grades? Yeah, not buying it.

Some of the higher “academic” schools have other colleges/majors than those that they’re known for. For example, Georgia Tech is known as an engineering school, so it tends to be assumed that all the athletes are studying engineering...yet many if not most go the business and management route. Vanderbilt is similar in that it’s known for its law and medicine programs, yet their athletes are hardly studying either. Most wind up in Vandy’s Peabody College.

So while these schools still provide outstanding educations, they can go to other “easier” fields of study/majors than those that have given the schools their lofty academic reputations.

Reactions: 1 person
So you’re basically saying he’s a smaller version of Jalen Hurd?

No actually opposite. Hurd was a power back that could move enough. He had a slow start but would make up for it when he hit his stride. Dont know how you can even think to consider him "a smaller version of jalen hurd." I loved jalen hurds ability. He was a bruiser and had enough body movement to shake a few guys and then he was gone if he got a few steps under his feet. However, i do side with him that he was better suited to be a tight end. Z. Knight is very shifty has a quick start but doesnt hit a very fast top speed. The running styles between the two are completely different.

No actually opposite. Hurd was a power back that could move enough. He had a slow start but would make up for it when he hit his stride. Dont know how you can even think to consider him "a smaller version of jalen hurd." I loved jalen hurds ability. He was a bruiser and had enough body movement to shake a few guys and then he was gone if he got a few steps under his feet. However, i do side with him that he was better suited to be a tight end. Z. Knight is very shifty has a quick start but doesnt hit a very fast top speed. The running styles between the two are completely different.

Jalen Hurd rarely shook would-be tacklers....and was literally never “gone”, whether he got a few steps under his feet or not.

VN Store

Back