'19 NC RB Zonovan Knight

“Over the time I’ve been thinking and talking with my family about the the recruiting process,” Knight wrote. “I know now that I made a decision before I was ready and I feel as though I should take my time with this whole process.”

"I'm going to be honest, when I committed, a week later I felt like I committed too early," he said. "It brought out what coaches and others schools were really interested in me. A lot of schools dropped off (after the commitment) but (North Carolina) State, Tennessee, schools like that still keep in contact."

“The schools that had already offered me are still pursuing me, but my being committed has prevented around six other schools from making offers.”

-Duke247

Reactions: 1 person
Prob last longer where he is than if he took a more stressful job expected to do more. He has it made at duke

yeah, that's where i am as well. he's done an excellent job, relatively speaking, at Duke. barring some huge melt down, i'd say he can coach there as long as he likes.

yeah, that's where i am as well. he's done an excellent job, relatively speaking, at Duke. barring some huge melt down, i'd say he can coach there as long as he likes.

As long as he’s enjoying teaching and as health permits. He ain’t going anywhere imo.

Neither was Weinke. ;)
rzM.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Not a great offer list
That stuck out to me too. A kids offer sheet carries way more weight than their star ranking imo. Not saying he doesn't have potential but you'd think he'd have all the big boys coming after him at his ranking.

Weird

He actually says in his story that six schools apparently didn't offer him due to him being committed. Weird recruitment.

He actually says in his story that six schools apparently didn't offer him due to him being committed. Weird recruitment.

What schools of consequence wouldn't offer because he was committed to Duke? I could see some lower level schools not bothering to offer, but most P5 schools aren't going to be scared of a Duke commitment. I would be curious which schools didn't offer him. Definitely a weird recruitment.

That stuck out to me too. A kids offer sheet carries way more weight than their star ranking imo. Not saying he doesn't have potential but you'd think he'd have all the big boys coming after him at his ranking.

Weird

Wonder if this kid has grade concerns that we don’t know about?

What schools of consequence wouldn't offer because he was committed to Duke? I could see some lower level schools not bothering to offer, but most P5 schools aren't going to be scared of a Duke commitment. I would be curious which schools didn't offer him. Definitely a weird recruitment.

Two possibilities and both to some extent could be true.

1. Schools don’t pursue committed players as much as uncommitted players until the last 6 months before NSD, and/or
2. He hasn’t reported all offers he’s received recently.

There’s time here to watch and see what happens, but I fully expect the offers to line up with the ranking eventually.

VN Store

Back