'19 NC DT Joshua Harris

You’re going to have to tell me the great places to eat. I’ve eaten there multiple times as it’s part of my region and I’ve missed anything impressive. Toss out a few suggestions and I’ll give them a shot next time I’m in town.

Honestly brother the locals in here would be better to tell you. I normally eat at Golden Corral, which you know what you are getting, or Morristown BBQ which I thinks really good. I’ve had Arby’s, but you know those things. I’m not in Roxboro too often

Honestly brother the locals in here would be better to tell you. I normally eat at Golden Corral, which you know what you are getting, or Morristown BBQ which I thinks really good. I’ve had Arby’s, but you know those things. I’m not in Roxboro too often

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

PpO3mBO.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Do you bring a towel with you to wipe off the sneeze guard at Golden Corral to see what you’re getting?

19 for '19: Vols early wish list

The North Carolina native continues to see his stock rise thanks to his strength (400-lb bench press) and speed (a sub 4.8-40) at 295 pounds. Harris camped at Alabama last summer, so he has a tie to Pruitt and Tennessee is trying to make North Carolina a bigger recruiting priority. NC State and Duke were his first two offers and Harris has frequently visited the Blue Devils. Harris' recruitment is going to be interesting has he continues to become a national prospect.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Meanwhile, 4-star North Carolina defensive tackle Joshua Harris and 3-star Georgia linebacker Kalen DeLoach will get their initial impressions of Tennessee this weekend, too. Harris is a mammoth tackle (6-foot-2, 320-pounds) with offers from everybody and represents this staff’s new commitment into making hey back in North Carolina.

Along with Harris, Tennessee is actively recruiting blue-chippers like Quavaris Crouch, the nation’s No. 1 player in the 2019 class,Khafre Brown, a 4-star playmaker, Savion Jackson, a 4-star DL, CJ Clark, a 4-star DL, Shyheim Battle, an athletic corner, Terrell Dawkins, a versatile DL/OLB, Sam Howell, a 4-star quarterback will heavy interest in UT, Ohio State, Clemson and UNC, Ostia Ekwonu, a rangy 4-star LB, OLTriston Miller, DB Tyus Fields and DB Lannden Zanders.

The Vols are also making an early run at top 2020 talent Porter Rooks and Jacolbe Cowan.

-VQ

Pruitt and staff doing work in NC

Reactions: 3 people
four-star junior defensive tackle joshua harris of person high school in roxboro, n.c., visited tennessee on saturday, a source close to his recruitment confirmed to govols247.

The 6-foot-2, 316-pound harris received a scholarship offer from new vols coach jeremy pruitt's staff in january. He was one of several players who made the trip to tennessee on saturday for visits leading up to the start of the vols' spring practice on tuesday.

Harris now holds offers from at least 18 schools, including clemson, georgia, notre dame, ohio state, penn state, north carolina, n.c. State, south carolina, duke and virginia tech.

Duke hosted him on a visit on march 3, and he traveled to georgia on feb. 24 after getting an offer from the bulldogs in november.

In the industry-generated 247sports composite, he's a four-star prospect who's ranked the no. 227 overall player and no. 14 defensive tackle in the 2019 class. According to 247sports, he's a three-star prospect who's ranked the no. 379 overall player and no. 20 defensive tackle in the 2019 class.

Just visited with DT Joshua Harris...

Harris was here yesterday making his first visit to Knoxville. Said he really liked the visit and that the best part of the trip was the time he got to spent with coach Pruitt.

- Hubbs

Harris is a 6-4, 295 pound 4-star defensive tackle from Roxboro, North Carolina. Saturday, Harris was in Knoxville seeing the Vols.

“I loved it,” Harris said of his day on Rocky Top. “It was a great experience. Coach Pruitt, I really like him. I got to spent a lot of time with the coaches including defensive line coaches Tracy Rocker and Chris Rumph. I had talked to coach Pruitt once or twice so spending time with his was probably the highlight of the trip. It was good to get to visit them.”

Harris said he knew some things about the Vols before making his first journey to Knoxville but learned a lot more on Saturday. “It was my first time there. Coach Neidermeyer told me to come check them out and I am glad I did,” Harris said. “They are really in need of defensive tackles. They told me I could play all over on the defensive line. I really like the three technique spot.”

Harris has been busy the last few weeks as he has made trips to Duke, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Tennessee. Harris said he doesn't have any other visits scheduled at this point although said he would like to see Ohio State and Penn State.

Harris isn't planning any early official visits at this point, but does plan on making a return trip to see the Vols sometime before he signs in December. “I will definitely be back up there,” Harris said.

-VQ

“i kind of knew a little bit about tennessee, but i wasn’t expecting what i got, and i really liked it,” said harris, who’s ranked the no. 227 overall prospect and no. 14 defensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “i really liked the coaches. Coach pruitt, he’s a great coach. I spent a little bit of time with him and we talked.”

the 6-foot-3, 320-pound harris said he decided to make the trip to tennessee based on the frequent contact he has had with the vols, led by tight ends coach brian niedermeyer and defensive line coach tracy rocker, since getting an offer from them in january.

“i had to go check it out. I’m glad i did, because i really liked it,” said harris, who claims offers from more than 20 schools, including clemson, georgia, notre dame, ohio state, penn state, duke, north carolina, n.c. State and south carolina. “i’ll definitely be back up there. … i don’t know when i’m going to get back up there, but it’s going to be soon.”

“i mean, they need defensive linemen,” harris said. “they’re in need of defensive-line (help), and he told me i would fit the program perfect — and not just on the field, but off the field, also — and stuff like that.” “i don’t know how good they’re going to do this year, but i know after my class it’s going to be an uprising program,” harris said, “and it’s going to be a program among the best.”

harris said he is originally from the danville, va., area and didn’t move to north carolina until he was in sixth grade. He said he didn’t have a favorite college team growing up, and attending a school that’s relatively close to home “doesn’t really matter” to him. “i just want to get coached good enough to play on the next level and have an opportunity to play high-caliber football and get great coaching,” he said.

VN Store

Back