'18 TN QB/ATH Mike Jones, Jr. (Clemson commit)

Kid comes into the pool I go to in Lebanon. He's stacked for an 8th grader. In person you can tell the kid obviously has an NFL bloodline.

I see him regularly during the summer

Last edited:
Tennessee offered.

Tennessee this morning has offered Friendship Christian Academy athlete Mike Jones Jr, who's wrapping up his freshman year.

Jones plays quarterback and defensive end for FCA, but the 6-foot, 190-pounder projects as a defensive back at the next level.

Jones just started working out w/ Playmakers Academy and already has started turning heads with both his athleticism and fearless competitive nature.

We've been hearing the 2017 and 2018 classes in-state could be among the best in what has been a run of really good classes in that region for several years now.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
When his coaches at Friendship Christian School called him into their offices Friday morning, Mike Jones Jr. didn't know quite what to expect after hearing that Tennessee linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen had been by the school.

Then, Jones Jr. found out the Vols had extended a verbal scholarship offer to the rising 2018 prospect. His reaction?

"It's indescribable; I was wordless," Jones Jr. told VolQuest.com. "I took off running and jumping. It might be the happiest day of my life."

https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1731570

Few notes from IFM/NPA 7on7 camp...

"It's a similar situation with Mike Jones Jr. in the 2018 class, who also has a Tennessee offer. The Vols were the first to offer him and he said that was a very big deal as a young in-state prospect. Tennessee is recruiting him as an athlete but Jones Jr. said his favorite position is safety."

-John Brice

Reactions: 1 person
In-state athlete Mike Jones Jr. excited by Tennessee Vols' offer

UT is my number-one school,” said Jones, who’s the son of former NFL defensive end Mike Jones Sr. and the younger brother of former Tennessee offensive tackle Steven Jones, who played for the Vols in 2003-07.

“I’m very interested in them. They’re my favorite school right now. Definitely, the first offer was a big part of it. But I’ve pretty much been around there, and my brother played there. It feels right around there. But I’ll see as the next three years go by.”

He said he’s already planning to return to Tennessee on March 7 for its next junior day. Jones said he plans to make the trip with one of his friends, Class of 2018 lineman Cade Mays of Knoxville (Tenn.) Catholic High School — another Vols target.

GoVols247

Reactions: 6 people
Might be our first 2018 commit. Get him and Mays, and let them start leading the recruiting charges for that class.

Legacies for days....

If he's already hanging around Cade Mays, they are both Vols. For sure.

Don't even think Dooley could screw this one up

VN Store

Back