'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

We lead per 247.

I talked to a Coach who told me that this guy would be a prototypical LT after a redshirt year. He is long and very athletic which is why he has mostly played TE. He is now 6'5 and about 260 with a lot or room for growth.

Reactions: 2 people
Three-star junior offensive lineman/tight end Tanner Antonutti of Ensworth High School in Nashville, Tenn., told GoVols247 on Friday that he's planning to visit Tennessee on Saturday to attend its first spring practice in pads.

The 6-foot-5, 259-pound Antonutti will be visiting the Vols for the second time in less than a month. He also went to Tennessee's latest junior day on March 4, and he said after the trip that the Vols — the team he grew up liking — still were "definitely at the top" of his list among the teams pursuing him.
247sports

Reactions: 4 people
Was on campus this weekend for O&W game...

Antonutti was in town and he's added a good amount of weight. Looks very different. I think he will be a name getting alot more chatter in recruiting this summer.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 6 people
Per Hubbs

Tanner Antonutti is holding 265 pounds with ease right now. While he’s still set to play mostly TE for Ensworth in the fall, he knows he’s an OT at the next level. Tennessee wants to make sure he’s healthy and can move around on his ankle. Antonutti wants to make a decision before his senior season. Also, several schools, including Louisville, have offered him the opportunity to play the 3-technique in college. His teammate and best friend corner Jaylon King may not do anything for a while, though, possibly until close to NSD, so we’ll see where he stands on Tennessee’s board over the coming months.

Funny anecdote from the road: Tanner grew up a huge Vols fan — with family in multiple states wearing the Orange and White — so when the interview wrapped up and he saw Jesse’s Florida license plate, he gave him a hard time!

Reactions: 11 people
Growing up in a family full of Vols, Antonutti fulfilled a life-long dream when the in-state team extended an offer in January. The Ensworth tight end readily admits the Vols remain his favorite school, but the future collegiate offensive tackle isn't rushing into a decision after playing most of his junior year with significant injuries on his shoulder and ankle.

Antonutti loves Tennessee offensive line coach Walt Wells, and the idea of "staying home and representing your state" is a no-brainer. Still, the 6-foot-5, 265-pound junior wants to get return to the gridiron before making his college choice in the next several months.

"I want to commit (by) the end of the summer, but (my recruitment) is kind of on the back-burner because I want to get healthy and really show what I can play with and let them see what I'm made of," he said.

"Playing with my shoulder and ankle all last season, I don't think everyone got to see what I truly could do."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but North Carolina offered yesterday and Colorado offered today it appears. His list is beginning to become more respectable. I imagine he'll rise in the rankings with a healthy senior season.

Unless something changed he's currently not a take per VQ. Same with Jacquez Jones. Absolutely no reason for Butch to be taking guys like this so early.

VN Store

Back