'18 TN OL Tanner Antonutti (UT signee)

With Canales now it's gunna get interesting. We going to hear some old names pop back up. The main knock against our QB recruitment has been a lack of a specific QB coach. Lot of schools negative recruited that. Trevor Lawrence, Fields, the kid from LA all names that you'll hear from

Thanks for your thoughts. Sorry for so many questions. I've paid enough attention to the board to know which people actually know what they're talking about. Last question: would you be good with the kid from Louisiana as the QB in this class?

Thanks for your thoughts. Sorry for so many questions. I've paid enough attention to the board to know which people actually know what they're talking about. Last question: would you be good with the kid from Louisiana as the QB in this class?

Absolutely, watch the film

8-10

Lot of recruits finally saw a few years of a resurgent TN in terms of instate guys having success and I think it will show this class in recruiting

And that's a low ball estimate IMO

I'll wait and see. Some of the same stuff was said about 2017 class, and we known how that ended.

Reactions: 1 person
I really think that 12-15 guys from instate could be a part of this class and not just filler guys either, but guys meeting legitimate needs. The O-line and D-line needs could practically be met by guys in state alone.

This. If we do a truly great job recruiting the state this year then we will sign around 12 guys IMO.

That would be a huge boost

No doubt. I think it's a great in-state class depth-wise. I'm not sure the Top 6 guys are as good as the Top 6 in the '17 class, but across the board I think it's better. I think there are a good 15+ guys who are 4-star type talents.

No doubt. I think it's a great in-state class depth-wise. I'm not sure the Top 6 guys are as good as the Top 6 in the '17 class, but across the board I think it's better. I think there are a good 15+ guys who are 4-star type talents.

Agreed.

IMO, the top 10 hit the needs of any on the roster better than the '17 class top 10. We need to close on the at least 2 or the 3 top DL prospects. We hit the skill positions we needed to in-state in 2017 even though we missed on 2-3 extremely talented prospects.

The 6-5, 265 pound prospect has an offer from Tennessee and Louisville with Ole Miss, Alabama and Georgia recruiting him as well. “Right now, I'm just kind of laying back taking it all in,” Antonutti said. “The main schools I am interested in are in the south. Want to stay close to home.

Antonutti will see Louisville next weekend and will be in Knoxville for the Vols second junior day on March fourth. At 265 pounds the question is where is Antonutti is what position will he play in college. “I could work at tight end or at offensive tackle,” Antonutti explained. “That's the bigest question right now. I love them both.”

Antonutti is no stranger to Tennessee. He's been to Knoxville a half dozen times. He's seen four games, practice and his family is a whole lot of orange. “My whole family are Tennessee fans. I grew up a Vol. My Dad has a Vol room,” Antonutti said.

The Ensworth School product said he talks to defensive coordinator Bob Shoop once a week and admits it's hard not going ahead and committing given his fandom for the Vols.

“It's pretty hard,” Antonutti said “The only thing holding me back from committing to the SEC is academics. I want to make sure I'm getting the right balance of football and academics. Schools like Duke have been contacting me and their academics have my attention a little bit.”

-VQ

Last edited:
Antonutti is no stranger to Tennessee. He's been to Knoxville a half dozen times. He's seen four games, practice and his family is a whole lot of orange. “My whole family are Tennessee fans. I grew up a Vol. My Dad has a Vol room,” Antonutti said.

Make it happen, dad.

But guys he doesnt have any stars...but he is in state...but he doesnt have any stars...but he is in state...

raw

screw the star system on this kid.

If you're going to reach in recruiting, take one that is 6-5 or taller or 4.5 or faster. There's a lot you can do with players with those kind of physical tools.

screw the star system on this kid.

If you're going to reach in recruiting, take one that is 6-5 or taller or 4.5 or faster. There's a lot you can do with players with those kind of physical tools.

I think he is 6'4" and doesn't run anywhere close to a 4.5 so not sure why you are throwing out the system on this one.

*edit I do see where he is listed at 6'5" but nothing on a 4.5

I think he is 6'4" and doesn't run anywhere close to a 4.5 so not sure why you are throwing out the system on this one.

*edit I do see where he is listed at 6'5" but nothing on a 4.5

I think he was saying height and speed can't be taught. I don't think he was saying Tanner has both. I could be wrong though. I doubt it, but it might happen one day.

Reactions: 2 people
That height and speed stuff is soo much crap. They could be 6'6 or run a 4.4 but have absolutely no talent.

I think he was saying height and speed can't be taught. I don't think he was saying Tanner has both. I could be wrong though. I doubt it, but it might happen one day.

I thought that you were wrong once, but I was mistaken.

VN Store

Back