'18 TN DB Brendon Harris (UT Commit 5/19/17)

Started looking at offers on '18 recruits. This guy is already a top 10 safety but based on his offers (Clem, LSU, AUB, ND) and tape :)pimp_2:) he may wind up in the top 5. Need to get excited bout this guy

Wish he would commit early like Mays and Taylor. Would like to have the 2018 in state class make a statement that they are staying home.

Reactions: 4 people
Wish he would commit early like Mays and Taylor. Would like to have the 2018 in state class make a statement that they are staying home.

It'd be nice. I hope we can several of these instate guys onboard early, especially the DBs. Will go along way for boosting morale around here and you would think in the program as well.

Reactions: 5 people

If he commits too early then all the recruiting services will bump him down and all the FFers will say he sucks and we'll be locked in a vicious cycle

Reactions: 1 person
If he commits too early then all the recruiting services will bump him down and all the FFers will say he sucks and we'll be locked in a vicious cycle

As long as he camps and pays them their money he will not be bumped down. Recruiting services just want the $$$$.

Reactions: 5 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
My friend is the head strength coach at Baylor.I will if I can get any info as this plays out.

Clemson is going to have a small class. I've seen numbers listed as 12-17.

They just won NC, their recruiting won't suffer unless they get hit with a Baylor tier Title IX

See PA_VOL post just below your post about Clemson's numbers problem in 2018. I think sometimes winning big with young players can work against a team in recruiting. Remember, UT had a large amount of returning players from their 98 NC team for the next season. I think opponents used that against the Vols for the 99 class. Turned out poisonous for the 99 season as the returning starters were thinking more about saving themselves for the NFL than repeating as national champs. Clemson is a great program, but I don't think they're beyond having the same problem in 2017.

VN Store

Back