'18 TN CB Shatar McClay (UT commit 4/13/17)

I'll put it to you this way: I've been told by sources that Tennessee sees McClay as one of the top players in the state in the 2018 class. And when I say "one of the top," I don't mean 30th-best.

-Callahan

Reactions: 17 people
Oh didnt know how that factored in to the fence equation.

Ok, don't act all innocent when someone gives you crap about being anti-instate after making comments like this.

Oh and...... Boom!!!

Last edited:
glad to hear the positive feedback. not go. a lie when i saw a three star ath, with all the big timers out there my first thought was 'oh boy this is 2017 all over again', esp upgrading the coaching staff. good luck kid, congrats.

Welcome to the family! Glad to see the commitments starting to come in.

BOL young man. I'll be rooting for you

I will reserve judgment until Breakerboy and Caleb chime in. They both seem to know a lot about CB play in the SEC. I am being serious in case anyone thinks that I forgot the blue font.

Ah, now this is the Vols 30 that we all are used to!!

Well, the first three recruits for 18 are definitely takes. Compare their rankings and offer lists to McClay's

You're not scratching your head over this a little ?

Well, the first three recruits for 18 are definitely takes. Compare their rankings and offer lists to McClay's

I see where Callahan says that he is only lower ranked because of grade concerns and also that our coaches view him as one of the very top prospects in state. Seems the kid just needs to get his grades up. Watch his film, dynamic with the ball in his hands

Sure, if there were no plausible explanation for his ranking and lack of offers. But, a reasonabe explanation has been offered, so the negavol hand-wringing is likely misplaced. Besides, if he doesn't look like he'll qualify, we'll cut him loose and wait two years.

Reactions: 1 person
The kid is a playmaker. don't know what the coaches have in mind for him, but hope he gets a crack at punt returner.

VN Store

Back