'18 TN ATH Joseph Norwood

Not gonna lie, I'd be thrilled for this kid if he gets the offer. A little hometown pride.

Ya very impressed with his film. I’m not a guy who knows exactly how to break down football player film( basketball is my thing) but he seems to have good instincts and diagnosis what’s going on quickly. More impressed with his film than the Harris kid out of Chattanooga.

Really like this kids athleticism and attitude. Feels like he could be a solid contributor after a couple of years in the system. Would probably be a higher three star or low four star if he had been playing longer and camped. Would I've to see him at UT but pulling for him whatever he goes.

“Uncommitted defensive back Joseph Norwood: One of the most intriguing late finds in the class, Norwood didn’t play football as a junior but he’s a great basketball player a state champion long jumper and he’s immediately shown the physicality for the game. He could end up at UMass or MTSU if a big school doesn’t offer but his upside is off the charts.”

College football recruiting: 25 new 4-stars in 247Sports Recruiting Rankings

Told y’all he looked great.

Some coaches find four-stars on recruiting sites, and some coaches find them on film. Pruitt and company find recruits under rocks. Can’t wait to see what a whole year brings.

Reactions: 1 person
This guy is hardly a scrub for DB. If we miss on any of Palmer, ITS and or Young, I think Norwood will get a scholly for CB/S. Perhaps gets one regardless. I don't think he would blueshirt and certainly not be a PWO. He's got too many FCS offers and would probably just take a scholly from MTSU, Tulane or UMass and play offense.

Pruitt was upfront with Norwood and his coach-- told them he was behind another recruit on our board. He's waiting to see if we have a scholarship available.

Reactions: 5 people
Have to be honest...

This dudes tape is phenomenal!!

OJ Owens type hitting...

And only plays at one speed.

If he can add 15 lbs of muscle this off- season.....watch out!

This dude needs to be a VOL

247 has him ranked

11th overall prospect in TN 😮😮😮.

Ahead of a few guys we already have signed!

Reactions: 1 person
Have to be honest...

OJ Owens type hitting...

sweet OJ Owens reference we have a Brandon Jefries too??😆

Have to be honest...

OJ Owens type hitting...

If he comes here, I hope that the only way he emulates OJ Owens is with his hitting.

I think Norwood is underated, late bloomer on the rise. He has the potential to be a good one with more experience. Could be one of these pickups that you look back on and say we didn't know how lucky we were at the time. GBO!!!!

Have to be honest...

OJ Owens type hitting...

Happy we are to see a good report. This feels too much like last year when our coaches were scratching and clawing to bring in the best class they could, turning up some very good players and some unheralded guys we had not heard much about. Personally, I will welcome them all and hope they develop well under good coaching.

Under the radar! Hope those guys from FSU are trying to spoil our play with this one.

VN Store

Back