'18 OH LB Xavier Peters

That's right, a guy I feel was vastly underrated in that class.

I still don't see the numbers at LB to only take 1 this class with all the speculation still going around about Ignont and Blakely eventually moving to the DL. That leaves only 3 LB's in the last two recruiting classes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I still don't see the numbers at LB to only take 1 this class with all the speculation still going around about Ignont and Blakely eventually moving to the DL. That leaves only 3 LB's in the last two recruiting classes.

I didn't know thy were thinking DE with Ignont. I don't know who that guy is, but it would surprise me if that's true. I would take Dingle and at least one more in this class

Last edited:
I have a hard time seeing Ignont moving to DL. We signed 8 guys in his case projected to play on the d-line.

Reactions: 2 people
I have a hard time seeing Ignont moving to DL. We signed 8 guys in his case projected to play on the d-line.

Agreed. I know we hear every year that guys are being moved to other positions. But sometimes it's just smoke. Can't move every LBer to D-line and play with 0 Lbers. Besides Ignont looks like a real option to replace Kirkland when he moves on to the next level.

I can see only taking 1 LB this class. We usually only have 2 on the field anyways. Maybe you take an extra safety or corner that can help on special teams.

I can see only taking 1 LB this class. We usually only have 2 on the field anyways. Maybe you take an extra safety or corner that can help on special teams.

Did I not read somewhere that we were planning on using a more traditional 4-3 with less Nickel moving forward? Maybe I imagined that. If not, it would further increase the need for quality LBs. Like I said, I may be mistaken, but I would have sworn I had read that somewhere.

I'll tell you one thing, fans certainly want to move just about every DE signed to DT and just about every LB signed to DE so a lot of the talk is likely just BS. Problem is when the mods on some of these sites speculate about it everyone runs with it as fact.

Did I not read somewhere that we were planning on using a more traditional 4-3 with less Nickel moving forward? Maybe I imagined that. If not, it would further increase the need for quality LBs. Like I said, I may be mistaken, but I would have sworn I had read that somewhere.

I think there's only a handful of teams we need 3 LBs on the field the majority of the time (Bama, UGA, LSU).

If we are going to stick with a 4-2-5 base then I think we're pretty set at LB...IMO the one LB this class needs to be a MLB type...my hope is Dingle...that's would leave the following for the next two years...

MLB: Kirkland-Bituli-Jumper-Ignont-Dingle
OLB: Sapp-Bates-Reid-Page

Even if Kirkland does really well this year and leaves you're still set at MLB...and you have McDowell and Berry for one more year as well

I'll tell you one thing, fans certainly want to move just about every DE signed to DT and just about every LB signed to DE so a lot of the talk is likely just BS. Problem is when the mods on some of these sites speculate about it everyone runs with it as fact.

Sounds like we just need to sign an extra Safety or two then.

Reactions: 3 people

The opposite I think. In an interview with Coach Thigpen this spring he said rarely will they have 3 LB's on the field at the same time because of the way offenses are set up these days.

true, go back and read the Barnett thread.

VN Store

Back