'18 JUCO TX CB Kenneth George Jr. (UT commit 3/25/18)

This pickup and the other DBs in the recruiting class along with some of the roster moves that have been made tell me that Pruit really doesn’t like the DBs that were on the roster when he got here

When he got here! You mean, after the first three practices! Yikes

This should scare us. This is a Dooley/Butch move that gets us all excited, but doesn’t pan out. Hopefully some of these studs that have been visiting will commit. I understand Pruitt isn’t concerned about recruiting momentum, but this is the opposit of MO

Reactions: 3 people
This should scare us. This is a Dooley/Butch move that gets us all excited, but doesn’t pan out. Hopefully some of these studs that have been visiting will commit. I understand Pruitt isn’t concerned about recruiting momentum, but this is the opposit of MO

You....

Reactions: 1 person
I defended Dooley and Butch, but I never made a statement like this:

Pruitt knows more about DBs than most of us know about whatever we do in our particular lines of work. He has been Uber successful in this field and with those positions in particular. I defiantly trust his opinion here on our current situation and how he feels we need to improve is there.

Reactions: 4 people
in 2015, george graduated from arcadia high school in lafayette, la. George was on the team. But he never started. In fact he rarely ever played. “i was on the team, but i really didn't play,” george said. “i practiced and dressed for games, but i was 5-7 and about 140 pounds. There was always someone bigger than me and in front of me on the depth chart.”

but for the newest vol, the dream of football simply wouldn't die. George kept working, his passion remained, his body finally caught up. Today, george is 6-0, 197 pounds and in june will be on rocky top a part of jeremy pruitt's first team. “my body just matured,” george said. “it finally caught up to my desires i guess. I see it as a blessing. It's all a part of god's plan for me.” following his graduation in 2015, george moved from louisiana to denton, texas where he continued to workout and he says, “build is body”.

With a developing frame from a year of work and maturity, george put pads back on in 2016 where he walked on at trinity valley community college. “i moved to texas because i wanted a new start,” george said. “i wanted to meet new people. I didn't want to stay in louisiana all my life and i wanted to try and keep playing football.”

in 2016, george found himself in a familiar situation on the football field as he again didn't play. He redshirted as a receiver. In 2017, george got moved to defensive back playing on that side of the ball for the first time in his life. George started five games and his coaches wanted him back for another year to grow as a cornerback. But that all changed with louisiana native and vol receiver coach david johnson called on wednesday night.

“he said the coaches saw my hudle highlight and they liked what they saw,” george explained. “they said they wanted to get me up there to see campus and meet them. So my parents and i took a mini-vacation this weekend and headed up to tennessee for an unofficial visit.”

upon arrival in knoxville, george knew he was home. “they took me in as soon as i got there. Everyone made me feel like i was home. They showed me around everywhere. When i got on campus, it made everything official. I was willing to take visits anywhere last week, but after this visit it was all said and done.”

george admits he didn't know a great deal about tennessee before arriving in knoxville, but can't wait to arrive in june. “i knew about coach pruitt being from alabama. We sat down last night and this morning. I'm really excited about being a part of his first team and they are excited about me,” george said.

George said he has 3 to play 3. Tennessee has a need at cornerback and george has plenty to show everyone when he get in orange. The adjustment to defense was pretty natural for me,” george admitted. “i'm really physical. I'm excited and i'm just ready to get in the sec and show everyone what i can do.”

- vq

Reactions: 13 people
“Wild story. Got an offer Thursday morning. Committed yesterday. Has played one year of DB and really one year of football.

Undersized in high school he saw little to no action. Grew four inches added 45 pounds and is now a Vol.

Will have full details in a story in a few minutes.”

Hubbs

Interesting growth spurt

Hey...sounds like a driven young man. Never quit. However he turns out, I'll be pulling hard for him to succeed. He's already a favorite of mine!

It's only a Dooley/Butch move if Pruitt and his staff are as horrible at the teaching part of coaching as they were. Obviously this staff sees raw tools they believe they can work with for them to have made the offer. Now we'll see if they can develop players. I certainly hope so or we're no better off than we were before. Gotta give him a chance to show what he can do.

I’m seeing a theme with some of the guys they’re going after: hungry with a chip on their shoulder. I’m guessing very coachable too.

Reactions: 2 people
Welcome to Rocky Too young man. I applaud your never give up attitude. Stay determined to follow God's lead. No way you can fail with that heart and mindset.

- george moved from louisiana to denton, texas where he continued to workout and he says, “build is body”

If you read the above excerpt from Hubbs article with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent, it makes more sense.

Reactions: 4 people

Pruitt said they would add to the 18 class that they were not done on signing day. Was this the opinion you had when the WR Young from GA committed then he started getting offers and ended up at FSU.

It’s another blueshirt. If both Davis and Norwood report, we’re down to 22 spot in “19.

Not crazy about eating up that many spots in next years class but like I always do, I’m gonna trust coach til he gives me a reason not to. He wants to win now and I like that.

You have a point, and I would be more concerned if this was a 2019 or future recruit.

This tells me that CJP needs immediate help because are DB's are not strong.

Not crazy about eating up that many spots in next years class but like I always do, I’m gonna trust coach til he gives me a reason not to. He wants to win now and I like that.

sounds like staff getting ahead of the pack. If he goes back to juco then he might blow up in his 2nd season of playing DB and really football in general. Pruitt wanted him in asap to avoid that and kid doesn't want to go back to juco. Dude is very physical in highlights. plays how Pruitt wants his corners to play at least in those highlights. Nothing easily given. In their face. Hope it's a steal

Considering he is a 3 yr guy and Pruitts confidence in his staff ability to recruit then I'd say they liked this kid quite a bit to take him knowing he is a 3 yr guy. Pruitt has taken plenty of these guys that were nobodies and made them great in his defense. Heck he had a walk on starting in Bama secondary

Slow down man, I don't want to knock the kid because it sounds like he has worked his tail off to get this opportunity but I don't think anyone expects him to come in and be a starter let alone a superstar.

He is a guy being brought in as another body in case the unfortunate happens and we lose a guy and to possibly play special teams.

Reactions: 5 people
Slow down man, I don't want to knock the kid because it sounds like he has worked his tail off to get this opportunity but I don't think anyone expects him to come in and be a starter let alone a superstar.

He is a guy being brought in as another body in case the unfortunate happens and we lose a guy and to possibly play special teams.

No.
The dude has talent.
That's why we're signing him..

VN Store

Back